Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's definitely the same guy in ^^ 2nd pic ^^ as in the CCTV video

Thanks to you all for tweets & updates again !

-Leclair's cross examination is redundant. Does the poor jury REALLY need to look at the pictures and videos AGAIN?!

-Magnotta really likes that stupid striped shirt, eh?

-I wonder if Mr. Unidentified will end up identified due to the release of these pictures. Poor guy, it sounds like Magnotta may have sexually abused him when he was passed out :( Yet another victim.

ETA: It sounds like he put a lot of work into the promotion, preparation, and production of this video. . .

^^ But not much in the way of disposing the evidence :facepalm:

^^ But not much in the way of disposing the evidence :facepalm:
Indeed. I think he expected the garbage to be picked up to dispose of it all. Didn't count on that not happening. Perhaps he was hoping that it would be assumed that he was the victim?
This was something I didn't notice in Sue's tweets this morning...

Sleeping man in Magnotta video has never been identified

Luka Magnotta straddles a snoring man tied to his bed, asks him if he’s okay and reaches for a small electric saw.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/can...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder, did he intend on killing Unidentified? Why stop? Or was this intended to be used for a promotional video? Why wasn't one produced? This whole situation with Unidentified leaves a LOT of questions, but it does show that this was planned. This guy was most likely drugged, possibly sexually assaulted (I somehow doubt that a guy could consent to being tied up and have his genitals photographed/videotaped in his sleep), and had a saw held up to him. WTF.

If there had been another person in the apartment taking the photos the police would have seen them on the CCTV. He actually reaches for an electric saw when he had the guy tied up and presumably drugged?! And filmed it - it does sound like he was intending to kill the guy but stopped for some reason. Then the next morning he was seen on CCTV helping the guy out.of the building, as he was unsteady on his feet. Hecan't have been interrupted by someone calling round or they would be seen on the CCTV

I wonder if he was scared of the guy screaming and someone calling the police - maybe he gave JL more of the drugs to ensue that he was completely unconscious?

I wonder if LM will take the stand so he can be asked some of these questions. My guess is that he will not take the stand, he will just rely on expert psychiatric witnesses. What do you think? I know that at the time of his arrest we all thought he was a narcissist who would love the attention of taking the stand, but now I'm not so sure.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 4m4 minutes ago
Jury is back in the room. Sarganis will continue his testimony in cross-examination. #Magnotta

No I don't think there was anyone else in the apartment either Rayemonde

If there had been another person in the apartment taking the photos the police would have seen them on the CCTV. He actually reaches for an electric saw when he had the guy tied up and presumably drugged?! And filmed it - it does sound like he was intending to kill the guy but stopped for some reason. Then the next morning he was seen on CCTV helping the guy out.of the building, as he was unsteady on his feet. Hecan't have been interrupted by someone calling round or they would be seen on the CCTV

I wonder if he was scared of the guy screaming and someone calling the police - maybe he gave JL more of the drugs to ensue that he was completely unconscious?

I wonder if LM will take the stand so he can be asked some of these questions. My guess is that he will not take the stand, he will just rely on expert psychiatric witnesses. What do you think? I know that at the time of his arrest we all thought he was a narcissist who would love the attention of taking the stand, but now I'm not so sure.

I don't think anybody else was there. Magnotta is the 'king' of the selfie. He had the camera set to go off after a certain amount of seconds.
Perhaps this guy wasn't drugged enough and that spooked Magnotta. Perhaps his cell phone kept going off and Magnotta realised that he would be missed far too soon and he wouldn't have enough time to do everything he wanted to do before leaving. It could have been a 'test run', testing the medication, the noise levels, etc, and adjusting this accordingly. I also entertained the possibility that Magnotta was somehow fond of this fellow, but I dismissed that because the only person Magnotta is fond of is Magnotta.

So many questions...

This was something I didn't notice in Sue's tweets this morning...

Sleeping man in Magnotta video has never been identified

Luka Magnotta straddles a snoring man tied to his bed, asks him if he’s okay and reaches for a small electric saw.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/can...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Holy cow! (My husband and I always have a "small electric saw" handy in case we need it.) If this lunatic gets off on NRC, I'll jump into the lake! (And I can't swim!!)

:bricks:

Random question(s): The picture of Magnotta, in his stupid striped tank top that he seems so fond of, outside. Where was this taken, do we know? Could it be near where the head was discovered? Was that picture taken (2 days after the photos of Unidentified were taken) as a 'point of reference'? So he would know where to go to dispose of the head (quickly)?

A bit of levity:

I think the jury should sue the Province of Quebec for making them look at the ugly striped shirt over and over again!:floorlaugh:

Random question(s): The picture of Magnotta, in his stupid striped tank top that he seems so fond of, outside. Where was this taken, do we know? Could it be near where the head was discovered? Was that picture taken (2 days after the photos of Unidentified were taken) as a 'point of reference'? So he would know where to go to dispose of the head (quickly)?

I thought the same thing BQ.
LM is so creepy, even outside in nature he has this creepy gross look... I hope he is locked up for ever and not in GP would be even better, but this is Canada and that won't happen.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
Photos from the park, Sarganis says, were taken May 21, 2012. So two days after the ones of #Magnotta in bed with the unidentified man.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 54s55 seconds ago
In the park photos and the bed photos #Magnotta is wearing the same tank — the same striped blue, white and red one from booking photos.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
Defence attorney Luc Leclair now looking at recovered photo of the black and white puppy Sarganis says this was taken May 22 #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 1m1 minute ago
Leclair is still questioning Sarganis about the photos recovered and the timeline as to when they were taken. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 6m6 minutes ago
Now going to be watching several of the videos again with Leclair stopping them intermittently to question the witness. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 5m5 minutes ago
One video of Lin Jun, then two minutes later, another video was shot. Then a photo was taken of Lin's bloody head #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 5m5 minutes ago
#Magnotta defence lawyer is showing the graphic videos yet again. And photos. To determine sequence. Magnotta bent over, not looking.

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 4m4 minutes ago
Saw one video of victim, then 2mins later, another video was shot. Then a photo was taken of Lin's bloody head #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 5m5 minutes ago
Going through the pictures and videos, Leclair is establishing the time passed between each sequence/photo was shot. #Magnotta

Leclair showing photos and videos to question the witness and make sure he did what he said- determine they're all in sequence. #Magnotta

After a video of #Magnotta stabbing the corpse, another photo was shot of Lin's profile, his head cleaned of blood.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
A few seconds later, a photo was taken of the head, from a different angle - point where it was severed from body #Magnotta

Leclair showing video of a hand handling the head. Asking if the gold ring was on this particular hand in video. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 2m2 minutes ago
#Magnotta not shown wearing ring in any pictures and videos on May 25 2012.

Next video: we see a hand turning the head and hear what sounds like water running. #Magnotta not wearing ring in shots on May 25

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 3m3 minutes ago  Montréal, Québec
Luc Leclair just suggested that there another person may have been involved in the videos #Magnotta shot of Jun Lin's dismembered body...

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 1m1 minute ago
Leclair asks: who's going to come and explain to us who's hand this is in the video? S: I'm not sure, but I can find out. #Magnotta

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 2m2 minutes ago  Montréal, Québec
Luc Leclair asks, " Who in the SPVM can do the analysis of the content (of #Magnotta's videos)" after suggesting presence of another person.

I thought the same thing BQ.
LM is so creepy, even outside in nature he has this creepy gross look... I hope he is locked up for ever and not in GP would be even better, but this is Canada and that won't happen.

Oh I'm pretty sure that if he is found guilty, responsible and sentenced to life for this crime he'll be locked up all by his lonesome. No way he's not going to be labelled a dangerous offender and put in solitary for the rest of his natural life. Just like his hero Bernardo.

MOO

Great thought! And was that something he burnt in the pile of ashes? What might that have been?

MOO

Luc Leclair just suggested that there another person may have been involved in the videos #Magnotta shot of Jun Lin's dismembered body...
... of course he did. :facepalm:

Okay why is Leclair consistently suggesting the presence of another person?

No ring on the hand indicates to me that he knew enough to remove it so as not to be identified?

Emile Lacroix...who are you? Mr X? Mystery other man's hand in the videos?

It's like a really bad mystery novel Leclair is spinning. Let's just get to the facts shall we?

MOO

Globalnews.ca ‏@globalnews · 12m12 minutes ago
'You OK?’ #Magnotta asks mystery man bound to bed days before killing #JunLin. Court sees data recovered from camera.

zyd0kh.jpg

Another close up of Mr X or mystery man. (he's being called both on twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27