Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
Second computer Massa analyzed was the one recovered in Berlin. Began his analysis of the contents of that device July 31, 2012. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 48s49 seconds ago
The Berlin compute had Windows 7, installed in February 2012. There was an account under the name of Catherine. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 4m4 minutes ago
That is where he found several items of interest, Massa tells the court. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
Massa was able to recover 31 photos of interest - dismemberment. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
Massa had viewed the online video "briefly". He had to use specialized software to retrieve the photos #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
When the data is in the unallocated space, Massa said he can't tell where the items were or when they were created. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
Massa selected 31 images from the unallocated space on #Magnotta's computer recovered in Berlin. Chose items based on what he knew of case.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
Three videos and photos were put in recycling bin on June 1, 2012, Massa says #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Massa could determine original folder was called Catherine 20120522 #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 3m 3 minutes ago
So the photo file on #Magnotta's laptop was created a few days before Lin Jun was killed

Three videos on the laptop were identical ones that were found on camera, Massa says #Magnotta

The user had to have put the file in the trash. And then the trash was also emptied, Massa says. #Magnotta

That's all for today. We will be back again tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. #Magnotta

So he had one older Dell laptop that he threw in the garbage when he was "cleaning up" the crime scene. That laptop was equipped with the VPN software and it appears he purchased a new Acer laptop around Feb 2012.

So he used the older one to do the video editing and uploading and then threw it out? But he also saved a few pictures of his handiwork on the new one that he took with him to Paris and decided to delete those pics on June 1st?

Am I getting this right?

So he had one older Dell laptop that he threw in the garbage when he was "cleaning up" the crime scene. That laptop was equipped with the VPN software and it appears he purchased a new Acer laptop around Feb 2012.

So he used the older one to do the video editing and uploading and then threw it out? But he also saved a few pictures of his handiwork on the new one that he took with him to Paris and decided to delete those pics on June 1st?

Am I getting this right?

I am not completely sure, myself. I am going to wait for a recap to be posted online, and just hope that the journalist has enough taste not to post any disturbing images. I can take words, but not pictures. :gaah:

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 48s49 seconds ago
The Berlin compute had Windows 7, installed in February 2012. There was an account under the name of Catherine. #Magnotta

Massa could determine original folder was called Catherine 20120522 #Magnotta

Hmmmm ......... Catherine Tramell is the main villainess in Basic Instinct

She was engaged to a middleweight boxer named Manuel "Manny" Vásquez, who was killed in 1984 during a prizefight in Atlantic City.......

Catherine Tramell appears as a brilliant, charismatic narcissist, who manipulates everyone around her, largely for her own amusement and enjoys killing people.

Also......
“ Killing isn't like smoking. You can quit. „
~ Catherine Tramell

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Catherine_Tramell

"[Leclair] said that in March, 2012, just months before the murder, Magnotta went to a Montreal hospital and was referred to a psychiatrist whom he saw in April, 2012. Leclair said he will be presenting Magnotta’s medical reports, including those from Peterborough, Ont., and North York General Hospital, to prove his defence of not criminally responsible.
He said his client claims someone named “Manny” told him a year before the killing to do what he did."
http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...lty-again-as-first-degree-murder-trial-begins

I am not completely sure, myself. I am going to wait for a recap to be posted online, and just hope that the journalist has enough taste not to post any disturbing images. I can take words, but not pictures. :gaah:

Well it does appear as though the reporters who are covering this case had their minds elsewhere today and by the end I think we were down to only one or two English language ones who were even bothering to tweet random things that didn't really make sense.

Perhaps they are just tired of all of it already or perhaps they spent most of their time reading messages about yesterday's shooting.

And just for the record...since I've started following this trial on twitter, not once have I seen #Magnotta make the top ten list of trending tweets. Not even on the day the video was shown. So if he was trying to go for infamy, it appears he's not even going to come close.

MOO

THANK YOU!!!! :loveyou::tyou::yourock:
I was wondering where the heck the names 'Manny' and 'Catherine' were coming from.

And that description of Catherine fits Magnotta about 99%. The only things that don't fit are 'charismatic' and 'brilliant'. Magnotta has no charisma. He tries, but he falls flat. He isn't very bright, either. He tries, but the evidence never was taken away with the garbage like he planned...

"[Leclair] said that in March, 2012, just months before the murder, Magnotta went to a Montreal hospital and was referred to a psychiatrist whom he saw in April, 2012. Leclair said he will be presenting Magnotta’s medical reports, including those from Peterborough, Ont., and North York General Hospital, to prove his defence of not criminally responsible.
He said his client claims someone named “Manny” told him a year before the killing to do what he did."
http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...lty-again-as-first-degree-murder-trial-begins

When did LM move to Montreal? I thought it was in March 2012. Or was that just when he moved to this particular apartment. And what about that paper from the clinic we saw with him apparently complaining of not being able to sleep and the suggestion of Temazepan on there? Just what was he telling these doctors? Was he telling them that he wanted to hack someone up and film it? Or that someone named Manny was telling him to hack someone up an film it? What, if anything, were they prescribing and why was he seeking them out and then not following their instructions? Was he trying to set up an alibi "just in case" he got "caught"? Can't wait to hear from some of these doctors.

MOO

Also......
“ Killing isn't like smoking. You can quit. „
~ Catherine Tramell

Yes, I read in one of those blog links you provided that he used that name. And it makes perfect sense that he would identify with the female character and use her male boyfriend as his abuser.

MOO

Whenever I look at twitter, all I see using #Magnotta are reporters. And one french chick who seems to be a 'fan', but I am not good with French, so I could be mistranslating.

As for this NCR defence... I have no doubt he is severely mentally ill, but he is just using it as an 'excuse'. He, simply, thinks he is clever and he can use this to get off lightly. He knew what he was doing. He still knows what he is doing. And I bet he knows what he will do once he is back on the street...
Mental illness does NOT make somebody do what he has done over the years. It is not an excuse. And even if mental illness did trigger somebody to kill, that doesn't mean they should be let back out amongst the general public. That means they are dangerous.

Apparently the psychiatrist who saw LM before the murder will be a defence witness. He diagnosed him with borderline personality disorder (presumably in addition to his preexisting schizophrenia diagnosis?) but prescribed no meds.
http://m.torontosun.com/2014/10/02/building-manager-describes-maggot-ridden-bag-at-magnotta-trial

ETA we will also hear from the psychiatrist who treated LM whilst he was in jail in Berlin. Remember how some people thought he looked drugged when he was flown back to Canada?

When did LM move to Montreal? I thought it was in March 2012. Or was that just when he moved to this particular apartment. And what about that paper from the clinic we saw with him apparently complaining of not being able to sleep and the suggestion of Temazepan on there? Just what was he telling these doctors? Was he telling them that he wanted to hack someone up and film it? Or that someone named Manny was telling him to hack someone up an film it? What, if anything, were they prescribing and why was he seeking them out and then not following their instructions? Was he trying to set up an alibi "just in case" he got "caught"? Can't wait to hear from some of these doctors.

MOO

Didn't somebody find a forum post somewhere online, where Magnotta asked what the best way to 'knock out' somebody was?
Get some suggestions, find out what the drug is used for, do a bit of research, trick a doctor into writing a prescription. . . hm...

And when DID he move to Montreal? When he somehow found out that Homolka was back (if, indeed, she ever really left and that wasn't just a smokescreen to trick reporters into leaving her alone)?

Apparently the psychiatrist who saw LM before the murder will be a defence witness. He diagnosed him with borderline personality disorder (presumably in addition to his preexisting schizophrenia diagnosis?) but prescribed no meds.
http://m.torontosun.com/2014/10/02/building-manager-describes-maggot-ridden-bag-at-magnotta-trial

I could see that. I have a friend with BPD. She has a tendency to blame everybody and everything else for her actions, and a tendency to be very dramatic at times. (But she is not at all a dangerous person. Exhausting at times, but very kind and gentle.)
Magnotta has, ever since he started with the whole Homolka thing years ago, blamed everybody else for his problems... even though HE started them. And now he is trying to blame mental illness for a murder HE committed. It appears he has NEVER taken responsibility for his actions. Unfortunately, this could work in his favour.

"Leclair said he will be presenting Magnotta’s medical reports, including those from Peterborough, Ont., and North York General Hospital, to prove his defence of not criminally responsible.

:thinking: This could be quite interesting

But they did turn up a series of calls that Magnotta made to a telephone number in Peterborough, Ont., in the early hours of May 25, 2012 that could provide insight into his state of mind after killing Jun Lin.....

the telephone calls to Ontario could provide the clearest indications of his state of mind right after the killings.

They were made to a number in the 705 area code—a number with a prefix matching those of telephone lines in Peterborough—and they began with three attemps beginning at 6:47 a.m. before Magnotta finally managed to get through for a four-minute call at 7:22 a.m.

Later on May 25, the court heard that Magnotta purchased a new cellular telephone and made two several additional calls over the next two days to the same 705 number. One, at a 6:14 p.m. Oon May 25 lasted about six minutes. The second, on May 26 at 7:55 p.m. went on for 27 minutes.

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news..._movements_in_testimony_as_trial_resumes.html

Didn't somebody find a forum post somewhere online, where Magnotta asked what the best way to 'knock out' somebody was?
Get some suggestions, find out what the drug is used for, do a bit of research, trick a doctor into writing a prescription. . . hm...

21st December 2011 – www.topix.com – cutelittlenemo1 – Posting asking which kind of sedative works best.

Straight after his London trip....

magnottafiles.blogspot.com.tr/p/timeline.html

Good find, Little Jedi!! And if he was phoning a mental health crisis line they should hopefully have a recording of the phone call. I wonder what he said?!

Eta I really hope they do have a recording that they can play in court. What better way for the jury to decide what LM's state of mind was at the time, and if he knew what he was doing was wrong.

Here's his actual e-mails to the lawyer about 'Manny'

Date: January 6, 2011 1:26:37 PM EST

To: Romeo Salta

Subject: Detailed List of my Abuse List of Abuse from Manny

1. made me drink alcohal when I didnt want to
2. forced me to smoke marijuana
3. made me watch shows I didnt want to watch and hit me when I changed the channel...........

** WARNING ~ Graphic/Disturbing Content **

~ But mostly ridiculously hilarious ~ :wink:.............

41. also i was forced to dress in womens clothing and make up and he made videos and photos of this even though I told him no and he laughed.
42. Made me have sex with a black guy who was very well endowed even though I didn't want to.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/96974925/Luka-Magnotta#fullscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member