Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Globalnews.ca ‏@globalnews · 12m12 minutes ago
'You OK?’ #Magnotta asks mystery man bound to bed days before killing #JunLin. Court sees data recovered from camera.

zyd0kh.jpg

Another close up of Mr X or mystery man. (he's being called both on twitter)

Is it just me, or does mystery man's face look somewhat bruised in this photo? :confused:

Subject: Detailed List of my Abuse List of Abuse from Manny

I think he wins the world record in redundancy for that title.

I very worried that Mr. X could be dead too. Why publicly post this person's photo? Why did LM use Mr. X at all for his murder video? Why not Lin Jun from beginning to end? Did Lin Jun not want to be tied up? I just don't understand having to splice video of two different people. Where is this first guy???

2007 - LM posts an article "about theories of shadow people (whether perceived shapes and movements people sometimes see in their periphery vision are in fact real beings, be it supernatural or people from another dimension)."
http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/245363/vancouver-editors-put-off-by-creepy-magnotta/

Maybe seeing "shadow people" was one of the symptoms of schizophrenia he had.

:gaah: I wanna read this 'theory' of his now but the link given within the article is now dead.

Plenty of references about it but nowhere can I find the actual text

Shadow 'people' & similar kinds of visions could be down to certain 'mental conditions' but without knowing context ......??

He's posted on various popular conspiracy theories like 'the Illuminati' 'Bilderberg' 'NASA'. Shadow People are another popular topic.

I'm curious thou :eek:hwow:

Is it just me, or does mystery man's face look somewhat bruised in this photo? :confused:

I think he wins the world record in redundancy for that title.
It does look a bit bruised, but it could also be a blemish. A large one.
I very worried that Mr. X could be dead too. Why publicly post this person's photo? Why did LM use Mr. X at all for his murder video? Why not Lin Jun from beginning to end? Did Lin Jun not want to be tied up? I just don't understand having to splice video of two different people. Where is this first guy???
I am not sure he is dead. It is possible, perhaps he died after leaving and nobody made the connection. Drug overdose or something (who knows what Magnotta pumped into his system). But, I think he is alive but never came forward for his own reasons. He may be 'outed' soon, though.

I really got thinking about that after I saw the pic of LM posing beside the firepit. What was that all about???

I really got thinking about that after I saw the pic of LM posing beside the firepit. What was that all about???

I am thinking this was just a landmark, a point of reference. Somewhere he could leave the head in a hurry. Perhaps he burned some of his belongings, but it doesn't look like the fire had been used before that picture was taken.

This is a side note, but I would say Mr. X may be Hispanic. Heck, he looks like one of my friends, but he was nowhere near Montreal during May 2012.

And Mr. X looks very young. I'm guessing he could have been an international student (the surveillance footage showed him carrying a big duffel bag) or someone new to the country. I don't think he is dead, but I think he decided not to come forward. There is prevalent homophobia in the Latino community that could prevent him (I am only saying this because Mr. X looks like he is Hispanic)

However with his photo being released to the public, there is a chance he may be identifed

Michaël Nguyen ‏@MNguyenJDM · 4m4 minutes ago
Une autre photo de #Magnotta saisie dans sa caméra jetée aux ordures avant sa fuite en France puis en Allemagne.

sc5bna.jpg

There's someone walking in the background ^^

I'd think the tech experts probably got location from EXIF data.
Didn't the Animal Rights Groups use it is other pic's of his when identifying him ?

I'm thinking it's the park where he put JL's head :dunno:

Pretty sure 'Mr X' will be identified quickly now ~ someone must at least recognise him !

He could have any number of reasons for no wanting to come forward initially which I could fully understand.
But he's had over 2 years to think about what happened & I'm sure he could've contacted LE & keep his anonymity.

zyd0kh.jpg

Another close up of Mr X or mystery man. (he's being called both on twitter)

Looking again I think the 'bruise' could be that he'd been sleeping the other way ~ look at his 'bed-head hair'

* He looks Greek/Portuguese (ish) to me *

He didn't use Lin Jun from beginning to end so he could make the "teaser" pictures to advertise the video?

I know this trial shouldn't be a laughing matter but between references to the ugly striped tank top and the "Detailed List of my Abuse List of Abuse from Manny" I'm ashamed to say I can't contain myself :giggle:

...but on a serious note,I'm not so sure anymore that mystery guy was NOT involved...maybe LM did get rid of him later or he may just be another victim but I hope they identify him quickly.I'm surprised they did not go to greater lengths to find out who he is when all this unfolded.IMO they should have gotten the public involved earlier if not only to make sure Mystery man is ok ?

I wonder how he got the head to that park - was it within walking distance of his apartment? I doubt mystery man died because LE would have checked with all the hospitals asking if a young man had been in after a drug overdose.

I wonder why he didn't film JL before his death, or the actual death itself. Someone posted in one of the old threads that all his kitten killing was hands off - he would touch them before and after but never actually killed them with his bare hands. Maybe he was squeamish about the actual killing part? he doesn't seem like a sadistic or sexually motivated killer, from what i've read the sexual acts with the body were all simulated, designed to shock. and he made posts online before the murder calling himself a cannibal, but i don't think he actually ate any of the body - he cut it with a knife and fork just to imply cannibalism and shock people. And he cut the throat whilst JL was still alive, presumably to drain the blood out so the dismemberment wouldn't be as messy/ gory.

quick recap:
-No evidence of the film being uploaded to the internet could be found on laptop
-Images and photos of interest found on laptop from Berlin, not on one in garbage
-Song used in video (True Faith - New Order) uploaded to computer April 8, 2012. Deleted July 1
-The crown is done. Defence is now questioning witness
-Asking about the picture of the mystery man. Was found on laptop.
-Leclair demands witness to repeat something in plain english, after witness talks about meta data
-Leclair points out that Catherine is a character from movie Basic Instinct, after the witness said he did not know who Catherine is. Password on computer was Toronto44.
-Leclair asking if the photos found on computer were from the camera. Yes.
-Witness explains files are not identical by 'digital hash' or fingerprint, but visually are identical
-Leclair points out that the line about killing not like smoking is a line said by Catherine from the movie.
-Witness being asked about programs that erase data, such as Track Eraser Pro. Laptop from Berlin had TWO installed.
-Leclair asks if data that has been deleted can be undeleted. Theoretically, yes.
-Leclair asks witness if he likes computers, if he learned a lot on his own, and if he has met hackers :facepalm:
-Defence done. Witness is also done
-Recorded testimony from Paris and Berlin after break.

(sorry, not too many tweets, and they seem to be repetitive and slightly confusing. Was easier for me to just type out points. Will edit this post when anything new pops up, as the few reporters that are tweeting keep repeating the same points. And I am posting in my own words, not copying/pasting the tweets without crediting the journalist.)

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 8m 8 minutes ago

Catherine, which is username of account, is character Sharon Stone played in movie Basic Instinct, Leclair says. Witness: I'm not movie buff
0 replies 2 retweets 1 favorite
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 12m 12 minutes ago

"Say that in plain English," Leclair tells witness, after particularly techie answer. #Magnotta
0 replies 2 retweets 2 favorites
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 13m 13 minutes ago

Leclair referring to Sarganis's work, which is sort of confusing Massa. Sarganis worked on camera memory card, Massa on laptop #Magnotta
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 14m 14 minutes ago

Were photos of two men sleeping found on laptop Leclair asks. This is the laptop, witness says. #Magnotta
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 15m 15 minutes ago

Dell computer found in garbage. And Acer laptop seized in Berlin, Leclair goes on. #Magnotta
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 16m 16 minutes ago

We're looking at the photo of #Magnotta with unidentified man. Leclair: Sony camera found in garbage. Hade photo and video files
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 19m 19 minutes ago

We're back. Leclair cross examining Massa, the crime tech cop who went through #Magnotta's computer
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 27m 27 minutes ago

Just a brief pause while Crown verifies he's asked this witness all necessary questions #Magnotta
0 replies 0 retweets 2 favorites
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 29m 29 minutes ago

Sorry, make that April 8, 2012 #Magnotta
0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 29m 29 minutes ago

The song had been uploaded to #Magnotta computer 8, 2012
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 30m 30 minutes ago

That's the song that was playing on One Lunatic One Ice Pick video #Magnotta
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 31m 31 minutes ago

Massa found copy of True Faith by New Order in trash can of #Magnotta laptop and it was deleted from trashcan June 1, 2012
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 34m 34 minutes ago

No evidence that video One Lunatic One Ice Pick was uploaded to Internet from #Magnotta laptop found in Berlin
0 replies 2 retweets 3 favorites
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 36m 36 minutes ago

Montreal police tech crime officer Frank Massa is back on the stand this am, talking about #Magnotta's computer
0 replies 0 retweets 2 favorites
suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2h 2 hours ago

Quelled surprise: Harper vows to fast-track boost to spy, policing powers after shooting /via @globeandmail http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n.../+Media&utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links …
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

My wrap up from yesterday's day in court: Sleeping man in #Magnotta video has never been identified http://montrealgazette.com/news/nat...ottas-apartment-escaped-same-fate-as-lin-jun/ …
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

Sleeping man in Magnotta video has never been identified http://montrealgazette.com/news/nat...ottas-apartment-escaped-same-fate-as-lin-jun/ …
suemontgomery retweeted
CBC News Alerts @CBCAlerts · 2h 2 hours ago

Authorities in #Turkey launch investigation after suspicious package sent to Canadian consulate in #Istanbul: Reuters.
0 replies 46 retweets 12 favorites

I'll be back in #Magnotta this morning, then Richard #Bain (alleged election night shooter) this afternoon.
0 replies 2 retweets 3 favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member