Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm re-positing from thread #3. I posted just as the thread closed:

I've been lurking and reading and reading and reading.

Jodi's art: It reminds me of Hitler's art. You look at a sketch of a street scene and it looks "nice," but "feel" something is off about it. It lacks perspective. It's flat and eerie. It's the same as Jodi's art. It is lifeless, with no spark. It's flat and somewhat distorted, especially in the eyes. The eyes are all staring and lifeless. There's one (which I won't post here), where the nose, instead of pointing in the direction of the entire face, faces forward. She has naïve talent, but not enough training or ability.

The death penalty: I'm equivocal about that. I do agree that life would be the most likely outcome here. I have to believe that JSS will sentence her to LWOP based on the extreme cruelty and Jodi's behavior during the trial as well as all the delay, delay, delay, and other nonsense.

The gunshot wound: Pure typo here! The location of the gun shot and where the bullet ended roughly gives Dr. Horne the trajectory which includes going through a bit of the frontal lobe, etc., etc., etc. There was no sign of hemorrhaging along any of the path, IMHO meaning that there was no bleeding from the wound. There is no clear bullet path simply because the brain was in a fairly advanced state of decomposition where the bullet path would be obscured.

Just putting out MHO and waiting to see what happens tomorrow.

ETA: The National Enquirer sometimes has stuff that's up to snuff...

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/exclusive-payola-plot-jodi-arias-appeal

Insiders say she’s already raised $30,000 from admirers for her defense– a cost that the State of Arizona cannot cover by law. Her goal is to raise $250,000 to pay “a retainer for an attorney for her appeals,” a source close to Arias said.

BBM

More interesting stuff in the short article at the link.

I found a good picture detailing where the dura mater is in relation to the skull. For there to be a hole in the skull, a full hole, the dura mater would have to have been damaged. It is anatomically impossible for it not to have been and I defy anyone to find a single medical professional who would agree that it is possible. To me, the question of whether or not the bullet pierced the dura mater is a moot point, as is the typo on page 7. It had to have been.

image.jpg

Now, if the argument is for gun first, it should simply be about whether or not you think someone can ambulate and defend themselves after being shot through the brain with a low power .22 calibre gunn. This is certainly a better argument for the defense than maybe the bullet cleared the brain. There must be someone somewhere who will agree this is a possibility.

Good Morning - day 4 of the circus.

I wish Juan could keep the photos of Travis' slaughter on the screen everyday so the jury could look at them and never forget that the Killer did this to him.

Good morning...may justice reign.

After the first trial, did Jodi return to the county jail and remain until now? IOW, has she been to "prison" yet?

:seeya:

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

ETA:

Court: Monday - Thursday

Days off:

Wednesday - October 29th

Monday - November 10th

Tuesday- November 11th

Thursday and Friday - November 26th and 27th (Thanksgiving)

NO Court on Friday.

Posting this again does anyone know what channel NancyGrace is on on dishnetwork it was on 202 but now it's changed to the news her show and reading here is the only way I can keep up with the Jodi Aris retrail

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:happydance: DAY 4 of the Re-Trial of the Penalty Phase !

I sure hope everything goes smooth today, but I doubt it ... I don't ever recall a day in this court where there was not some type of :drama:

:please::please::please: Justice for TRAVIS !!!

I found a good picture detailing where the dura mater is in relation to the skull. For there to be a hole in the skull, a full hole, the dura mater would have to have been damaged. It is anatomically impossible for it not to have been and I defy anyone to find a single medical professional who would agree that it is possible. To me, the question of whether or not the bullet pierced the dura mater is a moot point, as is the typo on page 7. It had to have been.

View attachment 62316

Now, if the argument is for gun first, it should simply be about whether or not you think someone can ambulate and defend themselves after being shot through the brain with a low power .22 calibre gunn. This is certainly a better argument for the defense than maybe the bullet cleared the brain. There must be someone somewhere who will agree this is a possibility.

BBM: All forensic and medical jargon aside, I doubt very much if anyone with a bullet lodged in the cheek, let alone passing through the head, would be in a state to 'ambulate and defend themselves'. Just imagine the pain, shock and confusion! To me the very idea is ridiculous, just like all Arias' claims.

What time do they begin?

Fingers, toes, and paws crossed that no jurors get dismissed today.

Good morning Everyone!

While we are in a waiting pattern I wanted to post my opinion about death penalty cases. I have seen some posts who have listed other cases where the death penalty wasn't applied and seems to think those cases were worse than Travis' murder and suggesting that Travis' murder is not what they consider a death penalty case.

Imo, murder cases shouldn't ever be compared to other cases. DP cases are as individual as the suspects/victims and aren't suppose to be looked at collectively. Plus it is left up to each DA in each district of each state. What one will do really has no bearing on what another one does in a completely different jurisdiction or state.

I believe in this case the DA had a very good idea of how murders are usually carried out in his area and knew instantly that this one was far beyond what society was willing to accept. Just look at the premeditation aspect and that alone begins to show how cold and calculating this murder truly was and then combine the motive for the murder. Killing someone in such a heinous way simply because the victim no longer wanted the abuser in their life is chilling. Many inmates are sitting on death row for the very same motive so why should Arias be excluded? Imo, she shouldn't.

Then advance to the methods she used to kill one innocent helpless victim. The DA and Juan both would have been remiss if they did not think this case was death penalty qualified. While there are other prongs that can make a case into a DP one of the top prongs is 'cruelty' and I don't think anyone would say this wasn't an extremely cold and cruel murder.

Many inmates on death row are there for killing one lone victim. A victim that was either a ex-lover, ex-spouse or spouse (just like Travis). It is not that they murdered but how heinous and cruel they carried the murders out which leads us to Arias. She IS one of the worst, imo. It was brutal and way beyond overkill.

I have no doubt the way Arias' murdered Travis will remain in the top as one of the most heinous crimes ever committed in Arizona.

What I find refreshing is the DA/Juan put aside gender and looked at the actual murder and how cruelly it was carried out to determine she should be put to death. Just like they would have gone with the DP if the roles had been reversed and Travis was the defendant instead of the victim. The only difference would be the outcome because I don't have one doubt if Travis had done this to a female he would have been sent to DR last year.

So that is how I look at it based on the numerous cases that were death penalty cases and the conclusion is if these crimes were carried out in the same exact manner by a male it would be a death penalty case as it should be. So by removing the gender of the suspect leaves the gruesome and cruel acts done and this should be a DP case without exception, imo.

Travis' murder shouldn't be diminished just because of what some other DAs did or didn't do some place else. Nor should his murder be diminished because he was a lone male domestic violence victim of homicide. Travis' killer is worthy of the same punishment that has been meted out over and over again when a DV abuser finally resorts to murdering their abused victim. Just like Carla Mack' etc. murderer is one death row and so many others just like him who did such unspeakable cruel murders against someone they knew well.

Arias should not be treated any differently than anyone else who has done such unspeakable crimes and wound up on DR. In fact if she is not given death it once again shows how our society is still stagnated in gender biases when it comes to those in the criminal justice system.

I hope the jury disregards the gender of the offender totally and will look only at the heinous and cruel manner in which the murderer carried it out. If they do that then she will get the DP for this is the right and only just punishment.

Posting this again does anyone know what channel NancyGrace is on on dishnetwork it was on 202 but now it's changed to the news her show and reading here is the only way I can keep up with the Jodi Aris retrail

Direct TV still has HLN

Thanks Dog Gone for the tweet links. I have them ready to go.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/3TV-ta...-the-womens-prison-in-Goodyear-206054551.html

Perryville is her ultimate and final destination on places to see before you die

I recall there is a book written by a woman who spent three years there. Slumber Party From Hell

A couple months ago me and my family were driving to Las Vegas and drove through Arizona and went right through Phoenix. I saw the exits for Mesa and though how close I was to where this murder took place. Perryville was out of the way but we took a wrong turn and ended up off course and drove right by this gigantic prison complex. Looked it up and sure enough it was Perryville. I don't know why but it was surreal to me to see. I found it hard to imagine so many women in AZ committing crimes and ending up here. Also, it was HUGE. And of course, thought, Jodi's eventual home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member