Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a member of the jury and returned to the courtroom to an empty gallery, I would know something was odd with the witness. I could see the jury members weighing that into the credibility of the witness. I wonder if the judge would address the gallery being empty or just leave it the big huge elephant in the room.

I think I'd be nervous if I returned to completely clear courtroom without explanation. I'd wonder what the hell was happening.

And just how would anyone believe it to be the true story...."after all the lies you have told us, why should we believe you now ? "
You never, the truth may come out, especially if backed up by an "expert witness".

But, knowing Jodi she will not tell anyone, ever.

Just thinking out loud as I am stunned by this witness who shut down the court room.

Dan Freeman comes to mind, though.

Dear friends -

I am so irritated w/ HON Sherry Stephens- she has created an impossible to ignore, sufficiently large , restrictive block, preventing us from monitoring the day-to-day proceedings.
HAVE WE FIGURED OUT HOW TO BACK DOOR THIS AND OBTAIN THE COVERAGE WE SHOULD HAVE THE ABILITY TO EXPERIENCE???

HON Sherry Stephens has confirmed she is weak - and unable to handle the pressure that correlates w/ cameras. Perhaps she believes it will free both Marty and Nummi from the same pressure. Still, I cannot follow tweets, I cannot even listen to the gold patrol,,, the entire experience has been utterly destroyed.

Please be kind enough to share with us how you are coping - and the best solution you have arrived at which establishes some type of comfort concerning knowing what the heck is going on down there.
Love ya,
THE GAJONKA

If the mystery witness is a child, I totally support the Judge.
If the mystery witness is an American spy (a la Valerie Plame), I again support the Judge.

If the person is testifying on behalf of the national defense, I might support the Judge, but I think that Edward Snowdon proved an important point.
Somehow I don't think the above are very realistic (unless JA convinced someone that her work really was a CIA covert operation).

If the mystery witness is a paid expert by the DT, no way - the deal is you get paid for your publicly-recognized expertise, and the public gets to confirm/deny that. I don't think this is possible - the expert's name will be outed eventually, and that person's credibility will become less. An expert needs his/her credibility more than anything else.

If the mystery witness is someone who would not come out from the shadows before, i.e. Matt McCartney - then this is a travesty of our judicial system and I do hope that he is held accountable for his testimony, as well there being an oversight review of the conduct of these proceedings.

Most of the day I have just sat here stunned. All of this seems surreal. I think to myself..'this is America....this cant be happening' but then the dose of reality sets in and I do know it is happening.

Never have I seen a case conducted like this one. Never and I have seen many death penalty cases and so has Beth Karas and she seems to be as puzzled as we all are.

I was thinking back when all of this began and I truly believe if the times were added up that have been consumed by in-chamber secret meetings, the constant sidebars, the closed court hearings, that it would be more time spent behind closed doors or in secrecy than the time spent in the well of the court trying the case. So imo, it is JSs who has cost the St. of Arizona the most money for all the star chamber hearings that have been held.

Never did I think I would see the day that our courts would revert back to the days of star chambers but we certainly have and JS has pushed the justice system back decades if not more into secrecy and shrouded in darkness.

What happened to openness and transparency so that the public citizens could be assured that our courts were handling cases openly and honestly?

Even mobsters don't get the luxury of choosing to have an entire courtroom closed to the media and public. I have certainly seen witnesses that didn't want their faces shown and it was pixeled out but to completely boot everyone out is not only bizarre it smells. It taints the entire process which is to be open.

I was talking with a DA friend of mine today about this case, and he said in his 30 years of practice he has never seen anything like it. So even the professionals who try cases do not understand the secrecy in which this entire case has been tired. JS had more in-chamber meetings in one week than I have seen in an entire month trial.

I don't know who this witness could be, and I am at the point of not really caring who it is. If it is a professional paid expert then I think it is shameful that they are allowed to rule the courtroom by threatening not to testify if they don't get their way. If they have a valid opinion they shouldn't try to hide that opinion from the media or public.

If it is the Bishop then I can understand somewhat and he may not want what was told to him in confidentiality to be known. I think I do remember that Arias mentioned either Travis talked to the Bishop or she did. I don't see how he could reveal what Travis said to him in confidence unless that ends when a person dies and if so that is a rotten shame especially with how Travis died. I certainly don't think Arias told him about the pedophilia since that lie didn't even come up until later on after she was arrested and charged. She may have told him she and Travis had been sexually active but so what? How is that a mitigating factor? All that shows is they both sinned.

Nurmi has blown the entire Mormon thing way out of proportion imo and always it is only Travis that has sinned.. omitting the fact Arias also was an active Mormon or so she pretended to be. So Travis' sin was no greater than hers.

Just because someone sins and has human frailties doesn't ever mean they deserved the death penalty for it but that is what KN is wanting the jury to believe.

All of this is about convincing the jury that Travis deserved to be stabbed 29 times, and have his throat cut from ear to ear, and then shot in the head.:(

It is the most painful and hurtful case ever for me and I wish I had never started keeping up with it because the torture of Travis' family by Arias permeates every inch of air in that courtroom and it has for six long agonizing years for them. They have been mentally tortured over and over again.

I couldn't get Tanisha and Stephen off of my mind today. They are just a shell of themselves now........and no one is to blame for their torture and agony other than this person who has controlled everyone's life and loves twisting the knife into the hearts of everyone that loves Travis.

If only Travis could come back and speak the truth but she knows he cant and that is why she can tell any lie she thinks up.

The story will change once again. The abuse will become worse, the pedophilia nonsense worse, and the claims her family abused her will also be embellished. She writes this tale and it is a tale of horrors showing just how low she will go to crush Travis and his family into the ground.

This case seems so wrong on so many fronts. It really shows the extreme extent a sociopath will go to in order to completely destroy the person that rejected them.

I hope you will follow the suggestion of ~Lyric~ to put this in a blog where we can easily find it again. Very well written and the feelings many of us share but did not have words to express. Thank you for this.

I have tried to be patient and lenient with JSS, but it ended today. I hope the media actions are heard quickly and have an outcome that brings openness back to this trial.

I, too, cannot get Tanisha and Stephen out of my mind tonight. ((((Tanisha)))) (((( Stephen))))
((((all the Alexander family and friends))))

RE: Cheryl Karps
I find it odd the motion was granted, but her name is in the court record :thinking:

From the court records:

2/21/2014 SDO - Order to Seal Documents - Party (001) 2/28/2014
NOTE: MOTION TO CONTINUE DISCLOSURE DEADLINE; DEFENDANTS RESPONSE; OBJECTING TO CONDUCTING TRIAL (PENALTY PHASE) IN SECRET AND ALLOWING WITNESSES TO TESTIFY UNDER A PSEUDONYM; SENTENCING MEMORANDUM
2/20/2014 028 - ME: Status Conference Set - Party (001) 2/20/2014
2/19/2014 SDO - Order to Seal Documents - Party (001) 2/28/2014
NOTE: MOTION TO SEAL EXPERT WITNESS CHERYL KARPS BRIEF IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANTS MOTION TO PRECLUDE PENALTY PHASE REBUTTAL EVIDENCE; EXPERT WITNESS CHERYL KARPS BRIEF IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANTS MOTION TO PRECLUDE PENALTY PHASE REBUTTAL EVIDENCE

I don't see anything in there about a motion for Cheryl Karps to testify under a pseudonym, or about any such motion being granted. Do you know where that info is coming from?

Long time member, but first post. I don't think there is any person or thing that can mitigate or minimize the severe cruelty of this murder. I wouldn't worry about this witness. Whoever it is isn't really in her corner or they would be public and not hiding IMO. May sound silly, but I've always wondered why prosecution didn't focus on the fact that she left the dog like she did. That was also very cruel and may have impact on jurors. It does bother me very much.

OceanBlueEyes!!!

I just wanted to say, My Goodness!! What an amazing Post!!! Please Put that in a Blog..Hold it close for all of us.
I am crying just reading the RAW Emotion that is coming from your heart!!

My Goodness!!!

Thank you. I have been asked to start a blog before, but honestly I don't even know how. (embarrassed) But I feel so drained, and emotionally spent now because of all of this, and then I feel ashamed.. because it cant begin to compare to the heartache Travis's siblings, and loved ones have endured. I just didn't even have the energy to post much today. I thought I was truly living in some third world country.

I feel so helpless because I know nothing is going to stop her, and she has no limits when it comes to what she will do in order to get even with Travis for rejecting her. It is chilling to know murdering Travis wasn't enough for this evil wicked sociopath.

It is not often that we truly get to see a sociopath up close and in action for this long and even though we cant see her this time we all know what she does and why she does it.

JA has given me nightmares and it is scary to know there are people like her that truly exist.

But as I have said earlier, I made a promise to Travis, and to his siblings that I would stay the course to the bitter end, and bitter it is certainly going to be, and extremely difficult. But if I have this sadness in my heart it cant compare to the pain, and suffering his family has been put through. They may as well have been water-boarded for six years by their homegrown terrorist. At least physical pain can heal but the emotional scars that Arias has made will never heal and the thing about it..........she knows that, and relishes in the thought that she also controls their life as well.

She is truly the most evil, and diabolical defendant I have ever seen. Not only in the manner in which she slaughtered her victim, but what she has continued to do afterwards which is just as evil.

Goodnight everyone!

Prayers for the Alexander family and all who loved Travis!

Dan and Desiree Freeman (brother and sister) maybe?

Yes. I believe those are the 2 I was thinking of. Catching up and I see a couple other people remember too. :)

Thanks to you and everyone for remember their names.

I think DogGoneCute has added them now. Great list too by the way, so thanks a bunch to DogGoneCute for that great list.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY for all the great posts today. I was late arriving today and the posts were so helpful to learn what happened today.

THANKS A BUNCH :)

Hi Tiki,

I am sorry, but I don't remember who this person was ...

Maybe someone out there can help ?

Thanks !

Hi Hatfield,

Yes, I remember but I can't remember their names ...

Maybe someone out there can help ?

Thanks !

Dan and Desire Freeman? They are brother and sister. Dan was the one that took the make up out of Jodi's backpack, Jodi threw a fit about it. Dan went to see Jodi in jail at first. His brother committed suicide the day Jodi was arrested. IIRC it was for *advertiser censored*/child *advertiser censored*? If you watch the Travis doing the chicken dance, I think that is Desire he's dancing with, and then you see Jodi running around taking his picture. I think Dan wanted Jodi and Desire wanted Travis,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7DVF_S5ZpI&feature=player_detailpage

Gus Searcy finally found an Atty to represent him - in Uganda?

I don't see anything in there about a motion for Cheryl Karps to testify under a pseudonym, or about any such motion being granted. Do you know where that info is coming from?

The title alone implies "witnesses" so maybe it was more than 1 person trying to do that.

NOTE: MOTION TO CONTINUE DISCLOSURE DEADLINE; DEFENDANTS RESPONSE; OBJECTING TO CONDUCTING TRIAL (PENALTY PHASE) IN SECRET AND ALLOWING WITNESSES TO TESTIFY UNDER A PSEUDONYM; SENTENCING MEMORANDUM

Marking my spot. Lady Justice took a beating today but may she still reign.

snip
"Mystery Witness"

Here's a list of POSSIBLE individuals compiled from the previous thread who may be the "Mystery Witness" :

Maybe add these to the list?

• Eight maids a-milking
• Nine pipers piping
• Ten drummers drumming
• Eleven lords a-leaping
• Twelve ladies dancing

(We might have to wait till December to see these witnesses, if we're allowed to see them at all.)

Wasn't Dr. Karp the one that JA told there were a lot more instances of "abuse" than she told ALV, Samuels or Dr. DeMarte? I think DeMarte testified to this. I want to say like 8-9 instances instead of the 2-3 she told the others. Also, I remember something about Karp having to drop out because of serious illness(cancer maybe).

The title alone implies "witnesses" so maybe it was more than 1 person trying to do that.

Yes, to me this seems to say that the court sealed a bunch of documents, including an objection to conducting trial in secret and allowing witnesses to testify under pseudonyms. It doesn't say which witnesses, though, and I don't see anything ruling on the objection.

LDS Church News - September 25, 1993

http://www.ldschurchnewsarchive.com/articles/23377/New-regional-representatives.html

...D. Vernon Parker, 52, Woodcrest Ward, Riverside California West Stake; to serve in Riverside California and Victorville California regions; former multi-region director of public affairs, stake president and counselor, bishop, Young Men president, deacons quorum adviser, and Scoutmaster; corporate accounting manager; earned bachelor's degree from Weber State University and master's degree from the University of Utah; born in Montpelier, Idaho; married Marsha Eunice Curtis...

snip

Maybe add these to the list?

• Eight maids a-milking
• Nine pipers piping
• Ten drummers drumming
• Eleven lords a-leaping
• Twelve ladies dancing

(We might have to wait till December to see these witnesses, if we're allowed to see them at all.)

In this trial particularly, we can't forget....

"Geese-a-Laying"

Sorry. Just had to. :)

Re: Mystery Witnesses List

Napoleon, with reluctant testimony of arf (translated: she killed TA but petted me nicely once)

This really IS CMJA's trial. Why doesn't she just go up and sit on the damn bench?? Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01