Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and have for some time. Religion is the only thing that seems to be held above the law sometimes. I believe if he lives outside the jurisdiction and can make a demand, although I don't agree, I believe it is the only thing that makes sense OUTSIDE of it being Jodi Arias with an elaborate plot to "self sabotage" to create reason for mistrial.

Good Morning and Happy Halloween!

My money is still on the Bishop, D. Vernon Parker--my thought is that he is a very reluctant witness, he appears (Facebook) to be very involved in the Riverside, CA. LDS Ward and I would bet he has earned their trust in him.

The age, 72-73, matches the description of the elderly gentleman helped in by the defense yesterday.

I also wonder if, after the Alexander's powerful VIS, he had a change of heart about his testimony--thus the last-minute media blackout.

Pure speculation and MOO.:moo:

I come back to JSS saying that CMJA "needed" this witness. I have a difficult time believing she's referring to a nutjob from NZ, as JM would no doubt have been able to inform her NZ guy is just that.

Okay. I'm in tears. Exactly how many people that you know and love would have a web site dedicated to them after their death by so many friends and acquaintances? Such words of love!
i didn't see these friends testify during the trial. I am wondering why most of them can't give a victim impact statement? That would be so awesome!!

I come back to JSS saying that CMJA "needed" this witness. I have a difficult time believing she's referring to a nutjob from NZ, as JM would no doubt have been able to inform her NZ guy is just that.

And why is JSS concerned with what the killer NEEDS?

I think the idea that he was Travis' mentor is just speculation isn't it? All we know is he is a bishop from Cali.

PI was just stating what I had read on Websleuths. Maybe it came from the family?

BINGO ! Exactly !

:seeya: Good point, CII !

I am going to say this and I may get tomatoes :couch:

But IF JSS has to sentence CMJA, she will NOT -- NOT give her LWOP !

All JMO and :moo:

I agree, and have for some time. Religion is the only thing that seems to be held above the law sometimes. I believe if he lives outside the jurisdiction and can make a demand, although I don't agree, I believe it is the only thing that makes sense OUTSIDE of it being Jodi Arias with an elaborate plot to "self sabotage" to create reason for mistrial.

BBM: Just jumping off your post here:

Religion should have NEVER been brought up in this trial ... it has absolutely nothing to do with the murder of Travis, IMO !

I haven't read anywhere that he was Travis' mentor. Only speculation on WS based on something Jodi said.

Mee Bee,
i don't go to social media sites like twitter, FB, etc. I just looked at the one posted a minute ago about Travis because I didn't know what it was. I READ what I read on the sidebar. I didn't dream it up. We are only discussing here. We are not experts. Everything discussed here is pure conjecture until proven anyway.

LOL....I hope not too well. I just don't get her. She is beginning to remind me of CA's judge.

BBM: Exactly ... and there were a lot of shenanigans that should have NEVER been allowed in that trial either !

:gaah: What is wrong with these Judges ? They are so worried about "appeals" but no matter what the outcome is for CMJA, she will appeal !

:moo:

Her need for a fair trial, which is JSS's sworn duty to provide. I have no problem with that part. I'm grateful to live in a country that protects the rights of the accused, and that forces the State to overcome huge obstacles in sentencing folks to death.

The part that bothers me is that IMO, JSS seems to have lost perspective of other equally fundamental rights..... like the right of the public and press to be present to hold her accountable.

Her need for a fair trial, which is JSS's sworn duty to provide. I have no problem with that part. I'm grateful to live in a country that protects the rights of the accused, and that forces the State to overcome huge obstacles in sentencing folks to death.

The part that bothers me is that IMO, JSS seems to have lost perspective of other equally fundamental rights..... like the right of the public and press to be present to hold her accountable.

Yes, I agree. It is certainly a great balancing act. My opinion is that her needs were met in the first trial.

Did the secret witness testify yesterday or was the jury dismissed after lunch?
If it was not dismissed, will they wait on the press appeals before they continue in secret?

BINGO ! Exactly !

:seeya: Good point, CII !

I am going to say this and I may get tomatoes :couch:

But IF JSS has to sentence CMJA, she will NOT -- NOT give her LWOP !

I guess we'll know that right away if she closes the courtroom on sentencing day.

Mee Bee,
i don't go to social media sites like twitter, FB, etc. I just looked at the one posted a minute ago about Travis because I didn't know what it was. I READ what I read on the sidebar. I didn't dream it up. We are only discussing here. We are not experts. Everything discussed here is pure conjecture until proven anyway.

I didn't say you dreamed anything up and I didn't mention social media. I understand you read this here and I have read it here too but from what I understand the idea that the Bishop was TA's mentor is only speculation. All we know about him for sure is that he is a Bishop from Cali and he doesn't seem to be willing to testify. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just letting you know this.

Did the secret witness testify yesterday or was the jury dismissed after lunch?
If it was not dismissed, will they wait on the press appeals before they continue in secret?

Well now, that's a good question since JSS closed the doors and no one knows. We assume he/she did but since JSS wants this trial to proceed in secret we won't ever know what that testimony was.

I believe any witness testifying on behalf of this monster is a Liar. What is more troubling to me is IF this anonymous witness is here to accuse Travis of pedophilia/abuse, when there is absolutely not one iota or any shred of evidence that can be corroborated other than by this psychopathic killers own false testimony, then I ask myself how does a justice system continue to allow more false accusations and allegations of such is beyond me, and so wrong on so many levels. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk