JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

FarmVille! That's interesting..... Look at this case

Aug 29/(Thur)/2002: FarmVille, VA - 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks - (farmville has Longwood University, its 1 hr south of Cville, 1 hr east of lynchburg) (JM would have been starting his junior year at Liberty in Lynchburg. 2014 Liberty U school calendar has classes starting Aug 19, its likely he would have been at school in lynchburg in late August, so very close, I'd say this one has a strong potential of being JM)

Is that a rape report, or a missing person?

I'm going to respond to this on the psychology thread.

I have some questions about Jesse Matthew's DNA and DNA tests in general.

Background: During the Charlottesville rapist case, (perpetrator was Nathan Antonio Washington, who is some sort of relative or uncle to Jesse Matthew) DNA of the perpetrator and testimony witnesses showed he was an African American. Law Enforcement asked for volunteers to submit DNA to try to trace the perpetrator through genealogy of local families. This raised cries of discrimination, etc. and law enforcement was condemned for trying this approach.

Questions:

1. If the response had been one of openness and cooperation rather than the opposite, could relatives of Nathan Washington have been identified and identity of perpetrator discovered in this way?

2. If any relatives of JLM had submitted DNA samples for the Charlottesville rapist case, would the DNA have showed enough similarity that it would have alerted law enforcement that this person was related to the perpetrator of the Fairfax and Harrington cases?

If JM parents split when he was in high school, then he was around long enough to have had a large influence! If he (the father) has had an arrest for indecent exposure then it MIGHT have a genetic component although JM went much farther than this! Add this to being a poor example to LJ in other ways he could have sent him off in the wrong direction! At least contributed to his mindset, although this in itself could not have been the sole cause!

I recall in one of the first MSM interviews with the dad, he said that they watched football together often, kind of implying they were still close. I also recall the dad looking down as he spoke as though there were other things they did that he was holding back from saying, but it was just an impression and you can't read people's minds. Others, like the dad's friend and housemate, who spoke on the dad's behalf to MSM after Hannah Graham was found, may know what else they liked doing together, perhaps fishing. Sorry to be toeing the line on family stuff. Please, let me know if it is, mods.

Background: During the Charlottesville rapist case, (perpetrator was Nathan Antonio Washington, who is some sort of relative or uncle to Jesse Matthew) DNA of the perpetrator and testimony witnesses showed he was an African American. Law Enforcement asked for volunteers to submit DNA to try to trace the perpetrator through genealogy of local families. This raised cries of discrimination, etc. and law enforcement was condemned for trying this approach.

Questions:

1. If the response had been one of openness and cooperation rather than the opposite, could relatives of Nathan Washington have been identified and identity of perpetrator discovered in this way?

2. If any relatives of JLM had submitted DNA samples for the Charlottesville rapist case, would the DNA have showed enough similarity that it would have alerted law enforcement that this person was related to the perpetrator of the Fairfax and Harrington cases?

Great question. Thank you

I recall in one of the first MSM interviews with the dad, he said that they watched football together often, kind of implying they were still close. I also recall the dad looking down as he spoke as though there were other things they did that he was holding back from saying, but it was just an impression and you can't read people's minds. Others, like the dad's friend and housemate, who spoke on the dad's behalf to MSM after Hannah Graham was found, may know what else they liked doing together, perhaps fishing. Sorry to be toeing the line on family stuff. Please, let me know if it is, mods.

I guess the father did at least do something's with JM unlike an awful lot of divorced fathers who were completely absent in their children's lives! Whether his negative influence totally counteracted the positive and left Jesse with mixed signals we won't know until the trial! Mixed signals that led to JM raping and murdering, perhaps more than once and becoming a SK we simply don't know!
I Am still so horrified for his alleged victims!

Questions:

Do you know he was related? Or do you just suspect? I have my suspicions too...but in research I think Washington was actually the uncle of one of his best friends. I think this best friends dad was a good guy, and probably helped JM in many ways. This best friends dad, I believe passed away the same year, his brother was arrested for the rapes, 2007...maybe he just couldn't handle the shock.

I suppose his best friend could have also been somehow related to him in a town like that, making Washington JM's uncle too. Just theories of course.

I don't know how the familial DNA played out, or that it was ever run, only that the Morgans where pushing for it...but its crossed my mind that if they had run it, perhaps a partial match came back to Washington...LE would have known who he was related to for the most part during the course of the washingtons investigation. They knew the DNA match to Morgan was a male. So that already eliminates many relatives. They long suspected whoever kidded Morgan was a local. I've wondered if perhaps this could have been another reason JM might have been on their radar. Suspicion based on a partial DNA match, stream lined into a few possibilities and no proof. They certainly wouldn't be announcing this, wouldn't want to scare him off, and given the history with race profiling etc from the Washington case...they'd keep this info close. JM might have been higher on there suspicion list too, if they also knew he might be involved with the drug underground.

All just my theory of course!

It has been noted in other threads that comments that had been made publicly by Hannah Graham's friends have since been removed from social media. I am so frustrated because I have spent HOURS trying to find the comments made by JM's high school wrestling coach about how he was inappropriately aggressive on the mat and how he (the coach), on occasion, would have get onto the mat and pull Jesse off of his opponents. That has vanished from the WWW. I'm thinking now that perhaps the article was removed at the bequest of LE? (I read it online). Anyway, I am sorry that I have not been able to find the the link but I can assure you, I read it and was really shocked. I know a lot about high school wrestling and when you pin your opponent, the referee slaps the mat and immediately, the victor stands and his hand is raised. It must have been quite a spectacle for the coach to have to go out onto the mat and pull him off.

Does anyone know how to access driving records for the state of VA? Or know if they have already been posted by a very helpful poster?

I see the ones for Charlottesville/ Albermarle...but I'm interesting in and records he might have throughout the state. Mostly intersted in date and location. Thanks!

Does anyone know how to access driving records for the state of VA? Or know if they have already been posted by a very helpful poster?

I see the ones for Charlottesville/ Albermarle...but I'm interesting in and records he might have throughout the state. Mostly intersted in date and location. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that work has already been done (by shutterbug22?), but it's on the timeline. She has dates and locations of traffic citations (and other charges).

I wish we could do this for NY, DC, PA, & MD since he was known to spend time there. I am especially interested in placing him in NY on certain dates. I also wonder if the cab was used to transpost drugs from NY. JM has so many traffic violations in VA, I would bet a cup of coffee that there are more in states he visited. I am willing to start researching NY if someone can pont me in the right direction. Thanks. MOO

I wish we could do this for NY, DC, PA, & MD since he was known to spend time there. I am especially interested in placing him in NY on certain dates. I also wonder if the cab was used to transpost drugs from NY. JM has so many traffic violations in VA, I would bet a cup of coffee that there are more in states he visited. I am willing to start researching NY if someone can pont me in the right direction. Thanks. MOO

I agree! I'm suspicious of those places too, I have been going through each name and cross referencing anything we might now about him at the time...some pretty disturbing patterns are emerging...and its def affecting the lens through which I view this case....

Im still working on just the girls missing from VA! But am going to expand my search when I finish that.

I've been jotting down girls names from other states when people have mentioned them as bring suspicious...but haven't gotten a chance to look further yet.

I did stumble across a case of a missing women from NYC on the day after JM would have had a game on Long Island....

ETA: I think we should also add NC to those other states to be looked into too.

Hi waltzingmatilda-I don't have too much to offer here except that on JM's facebook page, I noticed that he had a friend in Jersey City, NJ, which is in the NY metropolitan area. Perhaps he visited there.

I agree! I'm suspicious of those places too, I have been going through each name and cross referencing anything we might now about him at the time...some pretty disturbing patterns are emerging...and its def affecting the lens through which I view this case....

Im still working on just the girls missing from VA! But am going to expand my search when I finish that.

I've been jotting down girls names from other states when people have mentioned them as bring suspicious...but haven't gotten a chance to look further yet.

I did stumble across a case of a missing women from NYC on the day after JM would have had a game on Long Island....

ETA: I think we should also add NC to those other states to be looked into too.

Thanks for all your hard work ThinkHard! Yes, there have also been a few disturbing patterns that I have noticed as well and it has changed my lens on this case and another case that I follow. Also, LI, NYC and the boroughs are areas I am most interested in any JM connections before moving on to other areas. I agree we should also look at NC. Let me know if I can help in any way with research.

Ok so I came across something the other day, something I hadn't noticed before...I was looking at the the Civil Cases related to Jesse Matthew, originally posted by generalissimo (thank you, thank you!), in the timeline thread #9

He has three court appearances for "Garnishments (Wages)" and five for "Warrant in Debt" - I'm no lawyer so I did research on " Warrant in Debt" and basically its a fancy way of saying being sued for money the the plaintiff feels is owed.

Personally I have never been sued, and I can't think of too many people I know who have been sued...let alone sued EIGHT times btw Aug of 2009 and Jan of 2014....EIGHT times in only FIVE years! Does that strike anyone as odd?

Ok for now I am just going to focus on the five "Warrant in Debt" suits, they are as follows

*Civil Cases Against Jesse Matthew which involved "Warrant in Debt" (aka being sued):

- Aug 19, 2008: Warrant in Debt - ($894.29) - Plaintiff- UVA Health Services Foundation

- June 23, 2009: Warrant in Debt - ($2,293.20) - Plaintiff - Martha Jefferson Hospital

- Jan 12, 2012: Warrant in Debt - ($1,968.80) - Plaintiff - The University of Virginia

- Oct 18, 2012: Warrant in Debt - ($3,027.73) - Plaintiff - The University of Virginia

- April 16, 2013: Warrant in Debt - ($1,550) - Plaintiff - The University of Virginia

Did you guys notice the Plaintiffs?

Why oh why was big powerful UVA suing a little local like JM? Repeatedly?

Why was he still employed within their system up to the very day the charges where filed in the HG case?

What can you possibly think of, that is hard to "prove" in criminal courts, but some monetary restitution may be had in civil court?

Is it possible, those suits are sexual assault allegations against JM? Ones in which UVA helped the victim "settle" in civil court for "medical expenses".

Interesting the other two Plaintiffs, UVA Health Services Foundation and Martha Jefferson Hospital are also part of UVA.

Oh my god, if that where true...I think I'm going to be sick!

Thanks for all your hard work ThinkHard! Yes, there have also been a few disturbing patterns that I have noticed as well and it has changed my lens on this case and another case that I follow. Also, LI, NYC and the boroughs are areas I am most interested in any JM connections before moving on to other areas. I agree we should also look at NC. Let me know if I can help in any way with research.

I will thanks so much!!!
I have a hunch that the "cluster" of locations where there is missing women in VA...might be representative of drop off/ pick up locations for moving "product".

Ok so I came across something the other day, something I hadn't noticed before...I was looking at the the Civil Cases related to Jesse Matthew, originally posted by generalissimo (thank you, thank you!), in the timeline thread #9

He has three court appearances for "Garnishments (Wages)" and five for "Warrant in Debt" - I'm no lawyer so I did research on " Warrant in Debt" and basically its a fancy way of saying being sued for money the the plaintiff feels is owed.

Personally I have never been sued, and I can't think of too many people I know who have been sued...let alone sued EIGHT times btw Aug of 2009 and Jan of 2014....EIGHT times in only FIVE years! Does that strike anyone as odd?

Ok for now I am just going to focus on the five "Warrant in Debt" suits, they are as follows

*Civil Cases Against Jesse Matthew which involved "Warrant in Debt" (aka being sued):

- Aug 19, 2008: Warrant in Debt - ($894.29) - Plaintiff- UVA Health Services Foundation

- June 23, 2009: Warrant in Debt - ($2,293.20) - Plaintiff - Martha Jefferson Hospital

- Jan 12, 2012: Warrant in Debt - ($1,968.80) - Plaintiff - The University of Virginia

- Oct 18, 2012: Warrant in Debt - ($3,027.73) - Plaintiff - The University of Virginia

- April 16, 2013: Warrant in Debt - ($1,550) - Plaintiff - The University of Virginia

Did you guys notice the Plaintiffs?

Why oh why was big powerful UVA suing a little local like JM? Repeatedly?

Why was he still employed within their system up to the very day the charges where filed in the HG case?

What can you possibly think of, that is hard to "prove" in criminal courts, but some monetary restitution may be had in civil court?

Is it possible, those suits are sexual assault allegations against JM? Ones in which UVA helped the victim "settle" in civil court for "medical expenses".

Interesting the other two Plaintiffs, UVA Health Services Foundation and Martha Jefferson Hospital are also part of UVA.

Oh my god, if that where true...I think I'm going to be sick!
Wow, really interesting!
They may have kept him employed in order to guarantee he had income to pay them.
I can't imagine what these are for. VERY interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back