GUILTY WA - Amber Coplin, 30, brutally murdered in her Port Orchard home, 3 Nov 2014

Migmuu

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if this doesn't become a fairly big story.

KIRO TV report
Inquisitr report

--

I don't use 4chan but I am familiar with it. Here's some context that might help you understand:

4chan is a very popular message board that is known for being completely anonymous. There are dozens of subforums for different topics ranging from anime to politics. The majority of the memes and internet "catchphrases" (Rickrolling, "I Can Have Cheeseburger", LOLcats, My Little Pony, etc) over the past decade originated on 4chan.

This story broke on /b/. /b/ is the forum where anything goes and almost all of it is purposefully offensive. It's this very fast-paced and confusing flurry of *advertiser censored*, gore, everyday topics, egging people on to do awful things, anime, anime *advertiser censored*, cartoon gore, and small talk. It's by far the most popular and well-known subforum on 4chan and it's grown this strange culture around it, where everything can be laughed at and nothing is sacred.

(modsnip) there are some people joking around about the murder. This is normal /b/ fare and it's a product of internet anonymity and the 'culture' I mentioned. But I think a lot of it is also because people didn't really believe it; people will play sick hoaxes on that site and many probably just assumed it was some idiot screwing around with some old pics he found online.

Apparently the post was put up at 2:54PM and the body was discovered at 3:30. The news is saying it was a family member who found her.

I have a screenshot of the post in question with the pictures + text. (modsnip)

If you don't want to see the pics - and I 100% understand - but want to see the text, this is what was said (verbatim). Other posters are marked as ''anon''.

Killer: [starts thread; posts first image] Turns out its way harder to strangle someone to death than it looks in the movies.
Anon 1: um, duh. cause those people are ACTING.
Killer: She fought so Damn hard [posts second image]
Anon 2: timestamp [I assume he's requesting a timestamp for proof that this is legit]
Anon 3: Because thats why its called a movie and not real life syou dumb *advertiser censored*
Anon 4: u w0t m8?
Killer: [posts third image] Check the news for port orchard Washington in a few hours. Her son will be home from school soon. He'll find her, then call the cops. I just wanted to share the pics before they find me. I bought a bb gun that looks realistic enough. When they come, I'll pull it and it will be suicide by cop. I understand the doubts. Just check the [expletive] news. I have to lose my phone now.
Anon 5: Even I can do it!

(modsnip)

That's incredibly f-ed up.

I hope he rots in jail.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

I know that crime can happen anywhere, but something as sick and bizarre as this in Port Orchard ..... well, color me shocked.

From the local paper:

“This is not a random target of opportunity where somebody decided to kick in a door and kill somebody,” Wilson said.

And they're looking for her car:
The sheriff’s office was searching Tuesday night for her car, a gold 2001 Ford Focus with the Washington license plate 495-YLY.
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local...-conducted-at-port-orchard-apartment_71603013

@Koshka, what is Port Orchard like? Is it a good area?

@Koshka, what is Port Orchard like? Is it a good area?

Well, it's claim to fame is that romance author Debbie Macomber is from there. ;-) The town itself has probably under 20,000 people, but there are a lot more in the surrounding areas. It's across an inlet from the city of Bremerton; lots of people in PO used to work at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton. I have friends who live less than half a mile from the crime scene and it's not the kind of place where I ever worried about visiting them. Mostly single family homes, some apartments and condos in that area, a golf course and the largest elementary school in the district very nearby. There are plenty of break-ins, petty theft, that kind of stuff, but murder is quite rare.

The interwebz are exploding about this. There are pictures of the suspect out there, but I'm too far behind to catch them as they are being deleted by moderators (of other boards).

i shouldn't have followed the links to the 4chan thread. i wish i could unsee those pics.

Her son found the body when he returned home from school.

Her friends are convinced it is the man she has had an on again off again relationship with since she was a young teenager. Nobody has seen him and he deleted his social media accounts yesterday.

Please don't look at the photos. They're bad.

If they name a guy named David C as a suspect we will know her friends were right.

On the above Facebook, a person by the name of Dave K is being sought per family (there's a screenshot of the victim's sister's post with his picture and a picture of the car).

Schools in the area are no longer on lockdown because police have verified the suspect in the murder I'd no longer in the state. Got that from the school district website.

Schools in the area are no longer on lockdown because police have verified the suspect in the murder I'd no longer in the state. Got that from the school district website.

Link here: http://www.skitsap.wednet.edu/site/default.aspx?PageID=1

Deputy Jim Porter called me and notified me that Lieutenant Earl Smith from the Detective Division of the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Department has confirmed that the suspect in the recent homicide is no longer in our state.

I just hope he doesn't get his 'suicide by cop' wish and suffers greatly in jail.

One of the most chilling and mysterious things in this case is the fact that the killer apparently planed the young son (ca 10 or 11 years old) of the victim to be the person to find the victim (posed, naked and strangled), that is SO ENCREDIBLE HORRIBLE WICKED !!!:(

I mean WHY ???

Just messed up. Wish I didn't see the pictures. The internet is crazy. RIP Amber. I'll try and think of a better image of you :( Running through a field of flowers suits better!

I accidentally saw about 1/8th of a picture, and that was too much. What a sick and twisted @$#^#&^ he is. What's worse is, these pictures are going to be floating on the internets forever somewhere. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back