Tiger hunt underway in France

zwiebel

Reaction score
A tiger hunt is underway in Montervrain, Seine-et-Marne, France, after multiple sightings (and photographs) of the animal. Residents are being warned to stay inside while the animal is still on the loose.

It's thought - but not known - that the tiger must have escaped from a circus. Hope people remember to get their animals safely inside, and hope the tiger doesn't have to be killed.

http://www.leparisien.fr/seine-et-m...re-en-liberte-retrouve-13-11-2014-4288567.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 127
Well, how would a tiger be on the looose and no one know? Did it escape a zoo? Do people own them as pets there? I think here people own as pets even if they are not supposed to . So if one came up missing,t hey may not report to LE they lost their tiger, see? Scary!

Tyger, tyger stretch your jaws
In 3rd & 4th arrondissements

....oh wait, sod Blake, this silly thing's in Seine-et-Marne for now. Maybe later though!

People are definitely not allowed to own tigers privately in France. Authorities reported they had it cornered, but now it's gone again. It's still near the supermarket where it was spotted before (probably smelt the fresh meat).

Experts who examined the paw prints say it's a teenager. Weighing 15 to 23 stone which is a lot of lbs. (14 lbs in 1 stone).

It must have escaped from a circus or zoo, but why the heck wouldn't it have been noticed and reported? If it hurts someone, the owner/keeper could find themselves in a lot of trouble.

And at that same link, the Mayor Christian Robache also said:

"[People] shouldn't go outside, especially not from schools. They also definitely shouldn't go for walks in parks which are close to the cordoned off area.

"We found it in one of the bushes behind me, thanks to the forces which have been mobilised since 9am, including the police and government workers. There are roughly 60 people who helped cordoning off the area."

He should maybe leave the talking to a large cat expert, Lol, because he's not really making sense. If it's to stop people panicking, I don't think it's necessary. I've seen lots of daft tweets from France telling the tiger to run free, etc. ??!!

Local mayor says tiger is "totally not dangerous".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-tiger-live-updates-police-4620644

Really? Maybe he should go capture it.

I hope they find and capture it safely.

One of the updates on that page now says that all the animals from the visiting circus have been accounted for. I don't whether to laugh or cry at this quote from earlier today: "The police had located the tiger but now it's been reported they have lost it again."

Sedulia Scott ‏@Sedulia 6 mins6 minutes ago

The tiger is still loose near Paris Disneyland. A tiger btw can roam up to 400 miles http://bit.ly/1oSFXmz

It's gonna need to eat something soon. Hope they've had the sense to lay bait.

Not caught by dark clearly. That's not good :(

Well, i hope the people stay safe AND the tiger (in my opinion the most beautiful, magnificent animals on earth) is caught unharmed.

After watching that, I can see why the officials are now saying it's not a tiger. That long skinny dark-tipped tail reminds me more of a juvenile lion than a tiger.

To me, it looks like the mountain lions we have here in So Cal.

To me, it looks like the mountain lions we have here in So Cal.

I just came on here to post that we need some of our SoCal posters here, to tell us if it's more likely to be a mountain lion!

Authorities have downgraded the search and the cat - from tiger to something 'in between' a big cat and a cat. That made me think of a mountain lion. I'll post the story in a minute.

ETA: A mountain lion in SoCal came over a yard fence and dragged a large dog back up it, so I think they can be pretty dangerous too....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back