GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dad was on a grand jury in west Texas(don't know if all counties in Texas operate the same way). He said there were lots of cases they had to review with evidence that was available. He said they only had a short few minutes to decide if there was enough evidence to proceed to trial due to high volume of cases they were presented with. Most of the cases were about drugs. MOO
Adding to my own post(lol). He also said most were found to have enough evidence to go to trial. FWIW

I've seen a little discussion about EA brother CA....[modsnip] IMO this involves those at the party that night, EA, and [modsnip]. I hope whatever comes of the grand jury investigation has them all subpoena in to testify.

do you have information/link stating evidence dictated a search warrant being filed? or is this your opinion?

VI's don't have to have links. It is your choice to believe it or not and wait for LE/MSM to provide the info at a later date.

Salem

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.
(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit (

BBM-Does anyone know if that is the case in Texas? The warrant is unsealed on the 31st day unless a 30 day extension is granted?

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or

BBM-Does anyone know if that is the case in Texas? The warrant is unsealed on the 31st day unless a 30 day extension is granted?
That was hard to read - too many big words!

How would someone become sluethable? I've tried looking for the answer and its really tough from my Ipad. Just curious as to if/when we can sleuth those at the party/ex etc....what would the parameters be MOD? Thank you!

I think my first impression of the events were so wrong. I Want Christina found and if something horrible happened to her, justice to be quick and deserving.

That was hard to read - too many big words!

Then you probably dont want to follow the link and read the whole document. It's a lot of blah, blah, blah! LOL! It looks like the warrant was issued on September 26th, so it possibly became unsealed on October 27th (if the 31 day rule is how texas does it). It looks like it was released on November 4th. How do we find out if there are more warrants out there? sealed or unsealed?

Yes- these are the Texas Code of Criminal Procedures - Yes that is a clear explanation re: unsealing

CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

CHAPTER 18. SEARCH WARRANTS

Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT. (a) A "search warrant" is a written order, issued by a magistrate and directed to a peace officer, commanding him to search for any property or thing and to seize the same and bring it before such magistrate or commanding him to search for and photograph a child and to deliver to the magistrate any of the film exposed pursuant to the order.

(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested. Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.

I remember when I first came on this site, I had a real problem with the boyfriend and the 4 DAYS of not checking on her. I think a lot of others did, too. But that was before I knew about the damaged car, bruises, late to work, cleaning the car, being exposed as a thief (that's so low to me!), etc. As JMOM said, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...plus everything he said was so selfish..and I'm still mad that he wasn't a gentleman enough to see her to her car in the first damn place! That was very telling as to what kind of guy he is.

I remember when I first came on this site, I had a real problem with the boyfriend and the 4 DAYS of not checking on her. I think a lot of others did, too. But that was before I knew about the damaged car, bruises, late to work, cleaning the car, being exposed as a thief (that's so low to me!), etc. As JMOM said, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...plus everything he said was so selfish..and I'm still mad that he wasn't a gentleman enough to see her to her car in the first damn place! That was very telling as to what kind of guy he is.

So well said! I also thought BF in the beginning, now I just think:
Well with a Boyfriend like that.... Well, you just don't need one( all snark intended towards boyfriend only).

I think he saw her to his own car.

As it turns out, he didn't have to walk CM to her car, because it appears that she got in his (JMO). But the fact that he denies that & states that they went separate ways (certainly a lie) lets everybody know that he would have no problem NOT walking her to the car, AT 4:00am, IN a GARAGE, on HER OWN! Yeah, he's a real classy guy....

As it turns out, he didn't have to walk CM to her car, because it appears that she got in his (JMO). But the fact that he denies that & states that they went separate ways (certainly a lie) lets everybody know that he would have no problem NOT walking her to the car, AT 4:00am, IN a GARAGE, on HER OWN! Yeah, he's a real classy guy....

Sorry for the double post...don't know how that happened....

Then you probably dont want to follow the link and read the whole document. It's a lot of blah, blah, blah! LOL! It looks like the warrant was issued on September 26th, so it possibly became unsealed on October 27th (if the 31 day rule is how texas does it). It looks like it was released on November 4th. How do we find out if there are more warrants out there? sealed or unsealed?

District Clerk and County Law Librarian would be 2 good places of resources I would go.

Yes, those lies just kept getting worse - first he didn't park there, then she "must have" used his phone, he didn't see where she went, he went to his car and left. Like a kid who gets caught and keeps babbling, making things worse.

What made her get into the car with him and he was so wasted? Or had he sobered up after woofing down a double burger?? She had her car keys but not her key? Who keeps those on separate rings? Sorry if asked and answered before. I get worked up when I'm tired and start the 20 questions again. The main question is why? What could she possibly have done to him? My best guess is he came on to her or they just got in a fight over something said?

What made her get into the car with him and he was so wasted? Or had he sobered up after woofing down a double burger?? She had her car keys but not her key? Who keeps those on separate rings? Sorry if asked and answered before. I get worked up when I'm tired and start the 20 questions again. The main question is why? What could she possibly have done to him? My best guess is he came on to her or they just got in a fight over something said?

Maybe he wasn't that wasted... Enough Adderrall might take over the booze. Maybe he didn't drink as much as he claimed... would be a good reason (or excuse) for his "failing" memory about everything he was asked about, hence the lies... I would imagine the "friends" at the party know...

It's hard to develop rational reasoning to an irrational act. I was thinking the same thing this morning. IMO, he was drunk, maybe high, maybe even selling his own pharmacy goods and it went bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie