Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 - LM starts telling his psychiatrist about his abusive boyfriend.
December - writes internet post asking for dominant men to abuse him, and also uploads kitten killing videos.
January - goes to police saying he has been kidnapped and raped. Police take him to Mt Sinai hospital where he is sectioned. He says he is not mentally ill, but Manny spiked his drink.
After animal rights people name him as the kitten killer, he goes to a lawyer and writes a big long list of things Manny forced him to do, and claims Manny raped and beat him. Sends a photo of himself with a black eye.

A year later, a couple of weeks AFTER he uploads further kitten killing videos he writes a graphic post on an S&M forum on December 25th 2011 (read with caution):

"Hey, im an extremely attractive man in my 20's, I am looking for a dom master who will be able to teach me a lesson I will never forget. I enjoy being brutally anal raped (by 1 or more men) I enjoy being forced to drink piss and eat ****, I also like to get punched and kicked until I cant move. So the bigger you are the better. I dont want any *advertiser censored* or losers who will back out.. you have to be very agressive and have a strong perverted side like me.
I also like to be handcuffed and driver to remote locations then thrown out in the dark so I dont know where I am (if you prefer me naked thats cool) Then we can talk about what happened when I get home and laugh hah ahaha.
I love to get drunk and when I am so drunk I cant stand then you will have COMPLETE control over me, I have a hot little *advertiser censored* thats just waiting to get violated.
message me if your serious, no time for time wasters."

Note that this post mirrors the things that he claimed Manny did to him a year before.

Sooo... WTF? Did he actually want to be kidnapped and abused? Or did he just write these posts so he could use them as evidence later that he'd been kidnapped and forced to do things? If so, why did he never mention these posts to his defence team?
Was he just acting when he went to Mt Sinai, or had he really taken a drug to make him act psychotic?

Maybe he was feeling bad around Christmas and was just desperate for attention, even if it was the attention of being used and abused? Or maybe he craved sympathy and had fantasies of being a victim so people (his family) would fuss around him and look after him.

He did get the doctors at Mt Sinai to phone his family and tell them he'd been raped, after all... And then was incensed when his mother refused to tell the doctors to release him because he was not mentally ill.

ETA from what I've read about schizophrenia, hallucinations are often voices that the person may be convinced are real. Or they may see shadowy figures. They usually do NOT see fully formed people who are actually talking to them - when they have both visual and auditory hallucinations, they usually do not match up. So even if LM had a voice in his head that he called Manny, it's very unlikely that he would actually be seeing him as an actual person as well. This kind of fully formed "imaginary friend" is NOT something that people with schizophrenia usually experience.

I wish the Crown would question the expert defence witnesses about this - did LM actually see Manny? What did he look like? If LM was describing a full-blown person who was not actually there, like the innacurate hallucinations depicted in the movie A Beautiful Mind, that would be powerful evidence that he is just making it up.

I missed this!! LM posed ON THE DAY OF JL'S MURDER a ripoff report about himself and his "psychotic behaviour and psychopathic tendencies". Original article now unfortunately deleted. Psychosis!!

http://lukatrial.com/posted-may-24-...ychotic-behavior-and-psychopathic-tendencies/

I found a link to this that's still working: http://www.scamexposure.com/scam-re...avior-and-psychopathic-tendencies-c78766.html

Includes this interesting quote:

Lying is like breathing to the psychopath. When caught in a lie and challenged, they make up new lies, and don't care if they're found out. As Hare states,

"Lying, deceiving, and manipulation are natural talents for psychopaths...When caught in a lie or challenged with the truth, they are seldom perplexed or embarrassed -- they simply change their stories or attempt to rework the facts so that they appear to be consistent with the lie. The results are a series of contradictory statements and a thoroughly confused listener." [Hare].

Often, their behavior serves to confuse and repress their victims, or to influence anyone who might listen to the psychopath's side of the story.

Manipulation is the key to their conquests, and lying is one way they achieve this.

OT:
Can't read on the "lukatrial.com" Website, it's "forbidden"

Is this a Website only for authorisized members?

Good find! It looks.like LM was just using "psychotic" as a buzz-word, not referring to actual psychosis.

Also in that comment (which LM obviously just copied and pasted from somewhere else):

"Mimicry is often used to convince others that the psychopath is a normal human being. He does this to create a false empathy with his victim. The psychopath will try to make you believe he has normal emotions by spinning some sad tale or professing profound, moving experiences; the truth is, most psychopaths go through life as in an incubator, touched by few and having no real compassion for others; but they will lie to convince you that they have normal emotions.

The pity factor is one reason why victims often fall for these "poor" people"

It does all sound like LM - does anyone think he's actually a psychopath? Or is he just a psychopath wannabe? I wish they would address this in court.

Why the heck is the crown NOT bringing any of this in front of the jury?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should definitely be brought up. (BBM)

They are unstoppable and untreatable predators whose violence is planned, purposeful and emotionless. The violence continues until it reaches a plateau at age 50 or so, then tapers off.

It's difficult to say what motivates them - control and dominance possibly - since their life history will usually show no long-standing bonds with others nor much rhyme to their reason (other than the planning of violence).

ETA: This article along with his posts on the 15th of May, about what kind of mentality a person who does the kind of crime he went on to commit, make it seem he had spent time researching mental illness before the crime. But it's strange that schizophrenia is never mentioned by LM in any of this.

Michaël Nguyen ‏@MNguyenJDM · 43m43 minutes ago
Le procès #Magnotta reprend avec jury à 10h.

Translation: The #Magnotta jury trial resumes at 10am.

Looks like they're off to a late start today. According to another tweet they are now discussing legal matters without the jury. And it appears we have one French tweeter in the courtroom so far. :(

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 1m1 minute ago
Justice Guy Cournoyer is currently delivering an important ruling in hors jury debate, that cannot be reported at this time. #Magnotta

More stuff the defence is getting thrown out? ^^^

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 37s38 seconds ago
I am here in #Magnotta but the jury is not here yet. Legal discussions

Oh good, looks like Sue Montgomery is there for a while anyway. She never seems to make it through a full day anymore.

It's such a cliche, but most of LM's life seems to have been an attempt to get attention from his mother! All his lies trying to impress her, get sympathy from her or shock her...
Did anyone else notice that he claims she was a germophobe when he was a kid (and made him wear diapers when he was 7, supposedly), so then he grows up to have a poop fetish! What better way to rebel against your germophobic mother than to be obsessed with playing with and eating poop :autumn:

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 7m7 minutes ago
Justice Guy Cournoyer will soon be delivering instructions to the #Magnotta trial jury arising out of this morning's hors jury debate.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
Judge explaining to jury that Watts wasn't working for police when he was on #Magnotta's flight from Berlin

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
Jury can't take into account that he was former psych for Mtl police and not assume he had loyalty to them #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 3m3 minutes ago
#Magnotta jury in. Judge tells jury Crown statement yesterday that Watts worked for Montreal police is legally inaccurate.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 5m5 minutes ago
#Magnotta judge: jury can take into account he was former attending psychiatrist in Germany & his initial opinion in weighing his conclusion

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 4m4 minutes ago
But #Magnotta jury should not think he worked for police or owed any loyalty to police service when decided to accept mandate from defence.

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 4m4 minutes ago
Justice Cournoyer instructs #Magnotta trial jury that Dr. Watts owed no #loyalty to @SPVM, as suggested by prosecutor's cross-examination.

So there's this morning's legal argument. Dr. Watts, although hired by police to accompany them on the flight, was not legally working for the police. And the jury is not to take anything from the fact that he chose to continue his involvement in the case by jumping on the defense bandwagon. Okay that last part was my interpretation. ;)

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 7m7 minutes ago
Bouthillier cross examining psych Joel Watts now #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 7m7 minutes ago
Watts said he tries to get as much info as possible, especially from family members which can add value to diagnosis #magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 6m6 minutes ago
If family members had any contact with accused around time of offence they could provide imp info, Watts says #Magnotta

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 4m4 minutes ago
Crown prosecutor Louis Bouthillier resumes his cross-examination of #Magnotta's psychiatrist Dr. Joel Watts. Asking questions about Rebecca.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
Crown on Rebecca, a friend #Magnotta said was involved in making the cat torture videos. Watts didn't find her, Magnotta gave no last name.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
Watts was unable to contact Rebecca, the woman who had the python that ate the kittens. #Magnotta didn't have contact info

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 59s60 seconds ago
Watts also unable to get any description of Rebecca age, race, religion, nothing. Didn't think it was important info #Magnotta

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 2m2 minutes ago
Dr. Joel Watts repeats that #Magnotta told him Manny had got in touch with again in spring of 2012 because Rebecca divulged his contact info

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 34s35 seconds ago
Crown asks about Manny, present in much of #Magnotta version of events. How much did Watts try to find him? Defence objects, jury out.

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 51s52 seconds ago
#Magnotta's defence lawyer Luc Leclair asks to discuss "the phrasing of the question(s)" by Crown prosecutor Bouthillier. Hors jury debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member