GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm reading this correctly, isn't the big difference that they HAD a body & we don't..? TIA

Bingo!

This case is difficult as we have no crime scene & no body.
It doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed but it does mean the police can't jump too quickly.

I thought it was confirmed by VIs as well. Now I'm confused too and I don't have a migraine.

I almost have one - just read the grand jury won't decide next steps in case after all.
Has anybody heard of this happening before? Is LE making an arrest sans gj?

If I'm reading this correctly, isn't the big difference that they HAD a body & we don't..? TIA

The big difference is almost everything about the two cases. Beginning with early reporting when WH went missing being the first step to locating her quickly.

But, since the car evidence is a big part of both cases, and LE came up with prints and DNA evidence leading to JH in WH's case very quickly, they already had concrete evidence showing the crime involved her vehicle.
Because they did find WH's body, you're right that the two cases can't be compared exactly.

Because of the DNA evidence in WH's car, LE knew who the perp was.

So, the million dollar question is, does LE have DNA evidence from EA's car? And, since they haven't discovered Christina yet, wouldn't DNA evidence be enough to charge EA with something if combined with video evidence too?

If EA's car has gps, aren't they able to trace his route, or by using his phone pings?
If LE had specific areas, TES would come back to perform thorough searches in those areas.

It helps me to look at cases that were solved efficiently and compare the differences with a case that seems stuck.

Because, it seems, nothing is leading to something else. For instance, professional searches.

The big difference is almost everything about the two cases. Beginning with early reporting when WH went missing being the first step to locating her quickly.

But, since the car evidence is a big part of both cases, and LE came up with prints and DNA evidence leading to JH in WH's case very quickly, they already had concrete evidence showing the crime involved her vehicle.
Because they did find WH's body, you're right that the two cases can't be compared exactly.

Because of the DNA evidence in WH's car, LE knew who the perp was.

So, the million dollar question is, does LE have DNA evidence from EA's car? And, since they haven't discovered Christina yet, wouldn't DNA evidence be enough to charge EA with something if combined with video evidence too?

If EA's car has gps, aren't they able to trace his route, or by using his phone pings?
If LE had specific areas, TES would come back to perform thorough searches in those areas.

It helps me to look at cases that were solved efficiently and compare the differences with a case that seems stuck.

Because, it seems, nothing is leading to something else. For instance, professional searches.

Yeah, those are definitely million dollar questions! If they actually do have DNA & video evidence, I'm curious to know exactly what the charge would be..

Yeah, those are definitely million dollar questions! If they actually do have DNA & video evidence, I'm curious to know exactly what the charge would be..

Too tired to think now. Evidence I see in no body cases involve DNA, surveillance, perp using victims' atm or credit/debit cards, stealing from the victim, evidence found in perps car/trunk such as a cord with the victim's blood on it or other weapon, something belonging to the victim is found tossed and perp's dna shows up on the item/s,
phone records placing the two people together. I know there's more to list.

In other words, evidence of some lesser crime against the victim, can result in an arrest. Or, we've all seen when a suspect is arrested for an unrelated crime charge (failure to register as a sex offender or change or address, for instance) to incarcerate the guy while LE works on nailing the case.
LE needs to have enough evidence, true. I guess the belief Christina was in EA's car isn't enough. Lying to police isn't enough. Don't know yet if LE has DNA or how good the surveillance evidence is, if they even have any to prove CM was in EA's car.

I googled 'suspicion of murder' and some cases turn up where people were arrested and charged.
After a brief look, these type of cases all took a good deal of time until the suspect was charged.

Not sure who to ask, but would certain drugs counter the effects of heavy drinking?

My experience working as an LCDC (licensed chemical dependency counselor) is that poly substance users often are able to use uppers to "return to equilibrium". when mixing uppers with any depressant it most definitely can cause inhibition to be lowered even more so than with just alcohol. Most stimulants increase processing but also cause a person to feel invincible when abused recreationally. Combine that with heavy drinking and that's just trouble. So I think by personal experience..yes a person can seem sober from taking stimulants after a harsh night of drinking. If EA was doing this I'd bet if anything there are some addiction issues bubbling. 10 shots and beers! Good lord. Either he is lying or he was using many substances to keep him from passing out. Cocaine is the first thing that comes to mind. You'd be surprised how many young adults have parties where cocaine is involved. Many people or all types. JMO

Bingo!

This case is difficult as we have no crime scene & no body.
It doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed but it does mean the police can't jump too quickly.

Yes, in those cases where there has been no body, LE has had something strong. The suspect's DNA matching a similar crime (Hannah Graham case) or specific DNA from the victim that would only be present if the victim was severely or mortally injured (Sierra Lamar case) or they had a crime scene. Even if the items from EA's car come back simply showing Christina was in the car the most EA is guilty of - as far as the evidence proves - is lying to LE about her being in his car. And that is nothing new where he is concerned.

I've wondered the same thing. Actually I've wondered that about much of the information from that night. If the "friends" were the source, how forthcoming are they being, really???? Some things relayed that I question:
1) She had to work the next day
2) She wasn't feeling well
3) She had planned to stay the night
4) She insisted on leaving because she wanted to "get her dog"
5) What she was actually wearing
Now I realize that some of these things could be proven by other methods rather than just the "friends" such as 1) talk to boss and 5) review video footage. But again, if these details are coming from the friends, I sure hope the family is taking all of it with a grain of salt.

These are great questions. JMOM and Carlton - can you verify answers to these. If not, can you tell us if you can't because it would compromise the investigation. I know Carlton said she wasn't feeling well, but like Cookie pointed out, if it is the "friend" saying that, it might be "their truth".

Questions 1, 3 and 4 are important IMO because they possibly lay the foundation of the dynamics of that evening and what followed. JMO

I agree. It is heartbreaking, I hate to see her go. I think it took me 7 times to get through that post. And I have known for several days that she is going home. She needs some normalcy in her life again. She will never give up on Christina and we are going to find her. She has her job and Ronnie and the boys need her too. She has enough plane tickets stocked to fly here every day if she needs to. We will still be searching every day. Thanks so much for your concern for her. I am heartbroken for her as well. Christina should be home. To think that someone knows what happened and where Christina is and won't help this family end their suffering is disgusting to me.

Aw, I saw CM's mom say she has to go back to Oklahoma but searches will continue without her. My heart breaks for this woman.

I agree. It is heartbreaking, I hate to see her go. I think it took me 7 times to get through that post. And I have known for several days that she is going home. She needs some normalcy in her life again. She will never give up on Christina and we are going to find her. She has her job and Ronnie and the boys need her too. She has enough plane tickets stocked to fly here every day if she needs to. We will still be searching every day. Thanks so much for your concern for her. I am heartbroken for her as well. Christina should be home. To think that someone knows what happened and where Christina is and won't help this family end their suffering is disgusting to me.

It was very hard to read, but I do agree she needs some normalcy in her life. Who knows - just when she heads home, maybe there will be a big break :) Isn't that how it always is in life?

I sure hope so. And if that is the case she will turn right around and come back. Us here on the ground that are local won't give up. She knows that. She knows that she has a team in place to get the job done and together we will. Big event on Friday for everyone local, posted on the HFCM page and on twitter. We would love everyone to come out and show their support.

It was very hard to read, but I do agree she needs some normalcy in her life. Who knows - just when she heads home, maybe there will be a big break :) Isn't that how it always is in life?

I have a really bad feeling (worse than before). With Jonnie going back to OK, with the slowness of news or even post on here..... and just reading in b/w the lines of what we can and can't be told down to interviews as of late. I think something has been found or said to make us believe she is no longer with us:( I hope I'm wrong and I hope she is back soon.... just a bad feeling:(.

It would be so difficult having to leave with circumstances the way they are right now. Last night I prayed for a long time that something will happen before CM's mother leaves Saturday that will help them find Christina and solidify the case against whoever did this. I pray this case does not drag on much longer. I still have a feeling PPD has got a good amount of evidence and we are going to hear about another break in the case soon.

I have a really bad feeling (worse than before). With Jonnie going back to OK, with the slowness of news or even post on here..... and just reading in b/w the lines of what we can and can't be told down to interviews as of late. I think something has been found or said to make us believe she is no longer with us:( I hope I'm wrong and I hope she is back soon.... just a bad feeling:(.

It would be so difficult having to leave with circumstances the way they are right now. Last night I prayed for a long time that something will happen before CM's mother leaves Saturday that will help them find Christina and solidify the case against whoever did this. I pray this case does not drag on much longer. I still have a feeling PPD has got a good amount of evidence and we are going to hear about another break in the case soon.

I agree with you both. And I'm very sad today, too.

I am sad too. I am sad that Jonni has to leave 3 months later and Christina still is not home. I am sad that someone knows exactly what happened and where Christina is and they won't man up and tell us. Just like Jonni said, they need peace, one way or the other they need peace. The entire family and all of us that have worked tirelessly for 3 months, we eat, breathe, and sleep finding Christina. If she is no longer with us, and God I hope that she is, then she deserves to have a proper burial. It is beyond ridiculous. No matter who, what, where, whatever happened, someone knows.

I agree with you both. And I'm very sad today, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam