Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 46m46 minutes ago
Leclair shows Watts 3 news articles from 2012 with photos, similar to photos found on #Magnotta computer. Lin on left, Magnotta on right.

Here is an article from the Toronto Star from June 1, 2012 that shows the type of pictures they were running and likely the type of picture that LM saved to his computer with the two of them in a side by side.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/..._identified_as_concordia_student_lin_jun.html

The picture...

2cicwf4.jpg

The Crown already did but the tweets surrounding that were vague and confusing. Just like the ones around the defense asking about them on re-cross were vague. Not sure what the defence was trying to get Dr. Watts to say about the photos. He already told the Crown that he did not ask about them. I guess the defense was trying to get him to give one of his stock answers like "it was not unusual for him to save these photos from the internet in his psychosis. I've had patients who have done that". It is typical behaviour of someone in a psychosis".

Pulleeze. It is typical behaviour of someone who wanted to save the photos of his handiwork on his computer. Including the ones that made the news afterwards. And he had them all on there until he got nervous for some reason. :dunno:

MOO

:rolling:

Be nice to Watts - he got the internet posts advertising the murder brought up in court! :yay: He went on the internet all by himself and found out about them, and thought it was important and asked LM about it.
And wrote it in his report so it came up in court! :D even though it make his client look really, really, really bad.
Seems like no one else bothered to investigate LM's little advertising spree before the murder.

Good old Watts :bananapowerslide:

I got the impression that he saved pictures from the National Post that were published on June 1st. At least one of the pictures was a side by side of both him and JL. Not together though. Just separate pictures of each of them put together in one photo.

I wonder why none of this is turning up in MSM as evidence that was entered? They were so good about it at first with all the evidence the Crown put up but it seems they lost gas when the defense's turn came around.

MOO

Ok, thank you. I was wondering if he took a picture from the National Post and pasted himself into it (as he does...). Thank you for clarifying.

As for the MSM... I think they got bored and tired of all this "Poor Luka" nonsense and have moved onto other things. Can't say I blame them, to be honest.

Wait a sec, we still haven't heard about the texts LM sent to his sister! :pullhair: if the police found out that he texted someone the month before trying to buy weed then surely they also know what he texted to his sister!

Be nice to Watts - he got the internet posts advertising the murder brought up in court! :yay: He went on the internet all by himself and found out about them, and thought it was important and asked LM about it.
And wrote it in his report so it came up in court! :D even though it make his client look really, really, really bad.
Seems like no one else bothered to investigate LM's little advertising spree before the murder.

That's true. And I'll bet LeClair was furious about it. He probably told him to stick to JUST the material that the defense team gave him and not to go snooping around on the internet and listening to those "crazy websleuthers".

:floorlaugh:

Watts himself said he was not there to investigate and he could only base his assessment on the material he had been given. Until he got curious and took a peek on the internet. ;)

Too bad he didn't keep researching. :gaah:

MOO

Oh, I am glad that Watts did this. While I am not a Watts Fan, he IS better than Allard. More... professional? And his little research process brought something into court that was either originally thrown out or simply not found (I assume). :Banane57:

Wait a sec, we still haven't heard about the texts LM sent to his sister! :pullhair: if the police found out that he texted someone the month before trying to buy weed then surely they also know what he texted to his sister!

Not if the texts they have about the weed purchase are from the person he was texting with? Would they have to bring this person in as a witness to get his/her text conversation with LM entered? I don't think so.

They might have records from his phone of numbers he called or texted but I don't think they have the actual phone. So it's unlikely they have any records of the actual texts. And LM claims his messages were for his Grandmother, not his sister, as they were sharing a phone? Don't know what he's said about them other than perhaps "I don't remember texting anyone". And Grandma isn't saying anything at all apparently.

Something is not right at all about the contact he had with someone on that phone. And the last conversation was from the airport most likely. He must have been saying something to his grandmother. I think she knew what he did before anyone else did. Of course that's just my opinion.

MOO

So why did he choose June 1st to delete everything? What happened on that day that got him nervous that someone would have access to his computer?

These are some 'Headlines' from then:

Toronto Police received tip about possible murder video
CTV News (May 31, 2012)

Police name murder victim, reveal Luka Rocco Magnotta could have already returned to Canada National Post (June 1, 2012)

" All I can tell you know is that he left Montreal [and] he may have returned under another identify but we’re engaged in a worldwide search,” said Cmdr. Ian Lafrenière during a press conference.

“We don’t know exactly which identity he used to travel. He has three different ones....."

"Police do have airport information about Magnotta, he said, but they are choosing not to make it public."

news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01/police-name-murder-victim-reveal-luka-rocco-magnotta-could-have-already-returned-to-canada/

okay maybe I got lost in all the twitter feed (they were quite confusing today) but did anyone catch what the jury wanted to know. I recall reading that they had a question.

I like how LM is saying he doesn't remember picking the title 1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick.

I guess he also doesn't remember picking 1 Boy 2 Kittens either? He was psychotic then too?

:notgood:

Not if the texts they have about the weed purchase are from the person he was texting with? Would they have to bring this person in as a witness to get his/her text conversation with LM entered? I don't think so.

That's suspicious though because that.person would be a valuable witness. They obviously knew LM and would be able to say if he used drugs often and what his demeanor was like in the runup to the murder.

The Crown are implying that LM was a heavy drug user but we haven't seen much evidence for that so far. I read an interview with his supposed ex Nina, he dated him in 2005. She said he.was a heavy methamphetamine user. 2005 was the year that he was hospitalised several times for psychosis. Method psychosis is very similar to paranoid schizophrenia psychosis. Was he really a meth user?? The Crown keep saying cocaine but we haven't seen any evidence of that yet. LM did write an online article around 2007 claiming that he had been a heavy cocaine user when he was younger - who knows if that's true. And then I think his story about the.Mt Sinai hospitalisation was that Manny put cocaine in his drink. I wonder if they ran a drugs test on him to see what, if anything, he had taken.

' Watts said he believes Magnotta has a selective meory.

"When he says he can't remember, I think that he would be able to remember if he put a little bit of effort into doing it," he testified."

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/6186718

That's suspicious though because that.person would be a valuable witness. They obviously knew LM and would be able to say if he used drugs often and what his demeanor was like in the runup to the murder.

The Crown are implying that LM was a heavy drug user but we haven't seen much evidence for that so far. I read an interview with his supposed ex Nina, he dated him in 2005. She said he.was a heavy methamphetamine user. 2005 was the year that he was hospitalised several times for psychosis. Method psychosis is very similar to paranoid schizophrenia psychosis. Was he really a meth user?? The Crown keep saying cocaine but we haven't seen any evidence of that yet. LM did write an online article around 2007 claiming that he had been a heavy cocaine user when he was younger - who knows if that's true. And then I think his story about the.Mt Sinai hospitalisation was that Manny put cocaine in his drink. I wonder if they ran a drugs test on him to see what, if anything, he had taken.

I'm guessing that maybe the person is/was an actual dealer? And this might have been a first contact. A number that LM had gotten from someone else since he was relatively "new to the neighbourhood". So perhaps a transaction never actually took place. All they may have is an attempt?

Better to just let the texts stand as they are than to bring this possible drug dealer in and subject them to a cross examination?

MOO

Luka Magnotta asked whether he promoted video showing parts of killing

' The psychiatrist told the court he believes parts of Magnotta’s memory loss is voluntary, to avoid the stress and anxiety of remembering the traumatic events surrounding Lin’s killing.

“The world was coming down on me, I closed up,” Magnotta told Watts, who added the accused likely wanted to avoid feeling more shame and remorse over what he had done.'

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/montreal/story/1.2840981

That's true. And I'll bet LeClair was furious about it. He probably told him to stick to JUST the material that the defense team gave him and not to go snooping around on the internet and listening to those "crazy websleuthers".

:floorlaugh:

Watts himself said he was not there to investigate and he could only base his assessment on the material he had been given. Until he got curious and took a peek on the internet. ;)

Too bad he didn't keep researching. :gaah:

:sleuth: Oh I bet he did thou !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members