Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of think there is a motive of upstaging the charismatic Juan. He lost weight, grew his hair out, and started copping his mannerisms and catchphrases. It's strange...

"Do you have a problem with your memory?" Lol. He asked detective Flores that I think.

Problem is she has about a 2% chance of ever being executed on death row. She will statistically die of natural causes in prison. She'd be safer on DR though and have WAY better legal help. I'm surprised they don't "beg for it".

I'm with you on this one, although I understand the family's feelings. If JA gets natural life--SHE has to fund her own appeals. If she gets death, an appeal is automatic and all still on the public dime.

Ann Stafford (SprayCanAnn on Twitter) may have solved the "Who is Tony?" mystery--according to her tweet a Tony Leal was revealed as a boyfriend of CMJA in August 2013 by the Jodi Arias Foundation.

The same Tony Leal admits that "he is very much in love with CMJA and has found his soulmate." Keep in mind that all of this comes from social media but it is an interesting coincidence, if true.

I am recovering from surgery and have been watching from the sidelines but wanted to thank all of the tweeters, AZL for your legal input and Zuri for your thoughtfulness. As for the rest of you--stop making me laugh so much, I'm pretty sure these stitches are not going to hold up to many more belly laughs!:loveyou:

Hope you feel better soon!

Hey, my first guess as to who Tony was...an ex-of J. Hope it's true!!! lol

She hired this Bond while last acting pro per. I remember posting then, wondering if MDLR arranged it.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, nosey. I was browsing through his website the other day. I also noted, as an OP did, the giant pic of Jodi on the front page. He specializes in investigations for defense attorneys these days, understanding the tactics of prosecutors and how to bring them down.

I think either he did the exam himself or he brought it to some computer friend who had zero idea how to conduct a proper forensic examination.

Shady, shady, shady.

God forgive me for saying this, but looking at pictures of Nurmi now(slimmed down, hair) I think he's trying to look like Juan-not that it is even remotely possible. Anyone else see it? :puke:

I certainly think he's going for a more edgy, vim and vigor look.

But no matter how hard he tries, it's still a case of St. Bernard v. Jack Russell, firecracker v. tea light, thunderstorm v. light drizzle.

It's been over 24 hours and I'm still bloody floored the sex expert had the balls to say in open court that Jodi misses seeing, feeling and smelling Travis. I honest think that's just as bloody insulting/disgusting as the fake pedo claims. It's the 1# thing I want Juan to call her out on.

Instead of stating provable facts, she sounds like a romance novel complete with notions of impending doom for the star crossed lovers. I remember when those Twilight Books were huge and one of my boarders who was 16 at the time was just obsessed with the books. She talked me into reading them and lent them to me. In those books, Bella just couldn't live without Edward and in the second book was literally wasting away from unrequited love. That is what this expert seems to me to be trying to tell the jury. Haley, my boarder, was the same way. Her boyfriend broke up with her and she was acting like she was Bella. Silly. And no, people don't do crazy things for love. Not normal people. Not murder or character assassination. She's making it sound like JA had no choice. I rarely ever purposefully wish ill upon anyone, I figure life is hard enough and we all get stomped on sooner or later, but I really hope that Juan makes her as much a laughingstock as he did the other defense expert witnesses and I really hope she sees how wrong she is. It's always bothered me that ALV still believes JA was abused and TA was the abuser. Pretty scary stuff.

Thank you! I read your post regarding MDLR and have the same thoughts and concerns.

Ann Stafford (SprayCanAnn on Twitter) may have solved the "Who is Tony?" mystery--according to her tweet a Tony Leal was revealed as a boyfriend of CMJA in August 2013 by the Jodi Arias Foundation.

The same Tony Leal admits that "he is very much in love with CMJA and has found his soulmate." Keep in mind that all of this comes from social media but it is an interesting coincidence, if true.

I am recovering from surgery and have been watching from the sidelines but wanted to thank all of the tweeters, AZL for your legal input and Zuri for your thoughtfulness. As for the rest of you--stop making me laugh so much, I'm pretty sure these stitches are not going to hold up to many more belly laughs!:loveyou:

Speedy recovery, Foghorn. :grouphug:

I'm with you on this one, although I understand the family's feelings. If JA gets natural life--SHE has to fund her own appeals. If she gets death, an appeal is automatic and all still on the public dime.

Back in post #440 on this page,
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...g-of-Jodi-Arias-11-3-14-Hearing-Part-2/page18
our illustrious and ever-helpful AZLawyer clarified the issue of appeal funding, saying:

AZLawyer: Any sentence would allow her to have an attorney appointed at public expense for her appeal.

I charge $350/hr for appeals. A direct appeal in this case (not post-conviction relief so not including any ineffective assistance of counsel issues) would take me, I would estimate, 175-250 hours depending on the sentence (life vs. death), the helpfulness of trial counsel, etc.

ETA: After reading KCL's post, I must add that I am not volunteering to take on the appeal, for pay or otherwise lol.

UBM
According to promoters of her (ahem) appelate fund, Arias' wants to be able to hire her own, top-notch appeal attorneys, rather than get what she's given.

Instead of stating provable facts, she sounds like a romance novel complete with notions of impending doom for the star crossed lovers. I remember when those Twilight Books were huge and one of my boarders who was 16 at the time was just obsessed with the books. She talked me into reading them and lent them to me. In those books, Bella just couldn't live without Edward and in the second book was literally wasting away from unrequited love. That is what this expert seems to me to be trying to tell the jury. Haley, my boarder, was the same way. Her boyfriend broke up with her and she was acting like she was Bella. Silly. And no, people don't do crazy things for love. Not normal people. Not murder or character assassination. She's making it sound like JA had no choice. I rarely ever purposefully wish ill upon anyone, I figure life is hard enough and we all get stomped on sooner or later, but I really hope that Juan makes her as much a laughingstock as he did the other defense expert witnesses and I really hope she sees how wrong she is. It's always bothered me that ALV still believes JA was abused and TA was the abuser. Pretty scary stuff.

I think ALV knows Travis didn't abuse Jodi. The mere fact she had to lie to cover up a Jodi lie makes that clear. But she wants to believe it. It's like the Anthony's to me. They can convince themselves on the surface they believe it. As long as they have that it's all that matters. But deep down inside in the dark parts they don't want to admit exist they know the truth.

I couldn't live with myself.

I think Nurmi should have definitely read the jury better as far as this witness goes. She seems totally disconnected from today's societal norms. I'm no spring chicken by a long shot, and I find her thinking terribly antiquated, especially in terms of her profession.

She may have a vaster repertoire of tolerance than she's dipping into for this particular case.

Found some relevant minute entries. It does sound like the judge allowed Jodi's PI to pick up evidence. Bad move.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6468370.pdf

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6467813.pdf

"IT IS ORDERED granting the motion and affirming that the Defense investigator may pick up the property listed in the motion."

I remember it too. I'll try and find that. But I'm certain the property being referred to is the computer.

ETA: not finding it specifically in the minute entries, but maybe it was listed in a motion. I do know the property being referred to is the computer. I remember there was speculation as to which computer it was, TA's or JA's. Clearly, it was Travis'.

I remember a motion to release property that was about the contents of Jodi's purse or something, though, too. And I'm not sure which motion is which.

I kind of think there is a motive of upstaging the charismatic Juan. He lost weight, grew his hair out, and started copping his mannerisms and catchphrases. It's strange...

The bolded part I can vouch for. I mainly saw Wilmcott do that a LOT during the first phase. It was like she was using this trial as a training opportunity and she started to use the same objections as Juan did.

She literally was copying his style and approach on objections.

If you get to see the first trial over, pay special attention to Wilmcott right at the beginning and I have to say IMO she was really bad at it. Once she saw how Juan did things, she started to copy him and then she got better over time.

I havent noticed so much about Nurmi because I tend to want to ignore him. :)

I'm thinking--based on the silence from a certain, biased journalist--that the two day recess was needed for the defense and their reporter to regroup and figure out how to spin this hard drive disaster. What a total and complete cluster! :laughing:

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Juan Martinez?

I remember a motion to release property that was about the contents of Jodi's purse or something, though, too. And I'm not sure which motion is which.

Wait a minute.

Maybe you're right.

Because I remember sometime in October Nurmi was still trying to get a hold of the computer, I think jury selection had already begun. And Jodi wasn't representing herself anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UkM-_VmgA I found another Tony. I watched the allocution again, & when she was describing the photo with Darrel (at about 11:40 on the video) she said they were coming out of a restaurant in Monterey where their friend Tony played music.

My ipad is being a pain. I can't paste. Can someone google "#jodiarias want a hard drive pi will pick it up". It should lead to Jen's facebook and she talks about how she know if you scroll down on the comments.

Trying to find something more "oficial", but yeah, ipad is being a pain.
Eta: Nevermind https://www.facebook.com/thetrialdiaries/posts/478817698921430

IMO he is the worst lawyer I have ever seen. Even worse than Baez. And Wilmott doesn't understand the part about not asking a question you don't already know the answer to. She is just as bad.

JW: Isn't it true that you refused to sell my client a strawberry frappuccino?
Befuddled Witness: I work at a sushi bar, not a Starbucks.
JW: It's a simple yes or no question. Isn't it true that you refused to sell my client a strawberry frappuccino?
BW: We don't sell strawberry frappuccinos. We don't sell frappuccinos, or any blended beverages of any kind, with or without strawberries. I work at a sushi bar.
JW: I understand you want the jury to know you work at a sushi bar, but now answer my question. Did you or did you not sell my client a strawberry frappuccino?
BW: I did not, for the reason I previously highlighted.
JW: So now suddenly you're agreeing with me?
BW: Agreeing that I did sell your client a strawberry frappuccino or agreeing that I did not?
JW: Why do you refuse to answer this question?
BW: I am not refusing to answer. I asked for a clarification, which you have not yet provided.
And on and on, for all eternity.

Attachments

• 93e8d7394e1548eb87633b2b12af64ec.jpg
    93e8d7394e1548eb87633b2b12af64ec.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 194
Ding Ding! Does PI ring a bell?

Somehow, it always comes back to poor decision by this Judge. I can see the defense saying, "But your Honor approved of our PI picking up the hard drive. We had nothing to do with him falsifying anything. It was your Honors fault.". Come on JSS, stop catering to this defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong