Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to point out. Arias liked to travel because Travis did. Prior to meeting him her travel iterinary was rather boring. This speaks to her socipathology than to a general like

It still blows my mind to think of her in that car driving all alone in the dark disposing weapons etc. Those roads are pretty desolate too. It's all just so horror movie.

Got this retweet from the Sept 2 hearing, courtesy of YesorNo from one of the sidebar threads. The PI probably picked up this hard drive.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 23s
#jodiarias wants a hard drive from evidence

But it doesn't say which hard drive. Could be hers, could be Travis'. This might be the time where we were wondering whose hard drive she wanted. And I thought in Oct. Nurmi was still trying to get Travis' computer but I cannot find a reference for that. I might be incorrect.

Oh, well. Point is, whoever this expert is, they are shady and they messed up.

BBM: Don't know if this is relevent, but there is reference to the computer on page 5, 6, 7& 8 of this 59 page motion filed by DT in October.

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/JodiAriasMotionOct1.pdf

And this was when JA was "representing herself," yes?

Found some relevant minute entries. It does sound like the judge allowed Jodi's PI to pick up evidence. Bad move.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6468370.pdf

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092014/m6467813.pdf

"IT IS ORDERED granting the motion and affirming that the Defense investigator may pick up the property listed in the motion."

Jodi was not only "representing herself" but also pretty much blackmailing the judge (IMO) to let her fire Nurmi. Basically Jodi seemed to be saying "I'm going to be as big a pain in the *advertiser censored** as possible -- and you've already seen how big a pain in the *advertiser censored** I can be -- until you let me fire Nurmi." Maybe giving Jodi's PI access to evidence seemed like the lesser of two evils, the greater evil being delaying the trial long enough for yet another new attorney to get up to speed. One way or another, regardless of whether or not Jodi is pretending to represent herself, she never seems to run out of ways of delaying the trial. And of being a giant pain in the *advertiser censored**. This war of attrition she's declared against the US justice system just keeps getting uglier and more infuriating. At some point is Juan going to have to cry "uncle" and hand sentencing over to the judge?

I have no idea how any of this works, this is all just me yammering.

Jodi liked to travel, to be on the move. She will not fare as well as many people think she will locked in prison for the rest of her life. None of the stuff that matters to someone as vain as Arias is going to matter in prison. Jodi will die there; I smile every time I think of that.

That's what she said in an interview, but she really didn't travel much. She went on some road trips with Travis, and most of those were regional. Her obsession with this man led her to portray herself as an extensive traveler--because after all, he had the book, and the idea in her mind was that it became "theirs." So sick and sad...

Here are 3 pics of Peterson on Death Row. It must be different in SQ because here in AZ Death Row they are not allowed in any enclosures with any other inmates at any time. The only "contact" they ever get is with their guards or any medical personnel if that happens.

View attachment 63860

Jodi's ambitious plans for prison included selling T-shirts to raise money for charities and other ambitious plans. Based on this picture, when she gets the DP, she can lower those plans to things that involve a mop and trash can. :)

I don't remember but he doesn't appear to be quoting anyone.

It is very similar to what Dr. Fonseca said on the stand. Minus the *advertiser censored* reference. Good pick up. Now it is really evident Dr. Fonseca really "studied" ALV's testimony.

Don't forget these innocent confections: Tootsie Pops, Pop Rocks, Strawberry Frappuccinos and Cinnabons. Oh well, at least cupcakes remain unscathed. :cupcake:
Hey I still enjoy Cinnabons- had one yesterday and Starbucks too! Just think that Jodi will never have them ever again!

It is very similar to what Dr. Fonseca said on the stand. Minus the *advertiser censored* reference. Good pick up. Now it is really evident Dr. Fonseca really "studied" ALV's testimony.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're not buddies. That is if Alyce has any friends left.

I just have to point out. Arias liked to travel because Travis did. Prior to meeting him her travel iterinary was rather boring. This speaks to her socipathology than to a general like
Oh that does remind me...She had the Victor ( age 15 or so) . He wanted to marry her, right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Aiken

According to wikipedia

He is the president of James E. Aiken & Associates, Inc.[1] He serves as a consultant to attorneys and as an expert witness in civil and death penalty cases.[1] He has served as an expert witness on prison conditions and future inmate dangerousness at U.S. Federal Courts in multiple jurisdictions. I bet you a dollar to a donut that he's going to say that Jodi will do fine in general population

and from The Rutland Hearld July 8, 2005 - Aiken was also shown a listing of Fell's displininary record, which included nearly 20 incidents, ranging from fighting and spitting at prison guards to drug possession. "He is at the lower range of even being disruptive and nowhere near the range of being a predator," Aiken said of Fell. And poor CF had a bad childhood and was abused

He may be one of the affidavit Juan mentions.

It still blows my mind to think of her in that car driving all alone in the dark disposing weapons etc. Those roads are pretty desolate too. It's all just so horror movie.

Yes, but those roads are not so desolate that she would need gas cans (not that you suggested that). I've driven around the block in the Southwest, and given her destinations, it wasn't too bad.

I do agree that her character + that environment would be extremely creepy. Apropos, in fact.

Maybe they got burned just like the bank statement showing three transactions, and the codes in the magazines. Remember Wilmont and Nurmi looking over the magazines and then asking to approach and Ann Campbell fled the courtroom? If Nurmi or Wilmont took possession of the hard drive from Jodi's pi with out checking to see if it was the same one that was released by the court. I guess they thought the state would just check it in and not pay any attention that it wasn't the same one. So I think yeah, Jodi's screwed them over again. And I think Jodi's pi damaged Travis's hard drive.

They earned the title of being inept. That may follow then the rest of their careers.

What was it Nurmi either wanted or didn't want, saying it would be scrutinized forever? (As though he hadn't already secured a spot on the Fiduciary Hall of Shame.)

Oh that does remind me...She had the Victor ( age 15 or so) . He wanted to marry her, right?

IIRC Jodi was an exchange student and went to San Juan to stay with his family and within two weeks his family was hiding him from Jodi

I'm gonna be fair to Michael Kiefer here. I thought he had not written an article on Juan's response to the defense claims. I was wrong. He has and it was pretty fair, including the title of the article. For some reason, it didn't gain the traction that the original story did, probably because it's not as exciting as the possibility that Jodi arias could walk free due to destroying evidence. Doesn't have as sexy a ring to it lol :

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ertiser censored*-allegations-fault/18944771/

What was it Nurmi either wanted or didn't want, saying it would be scrutinized forever? (As though he hadn't already secured a spot on the Fiduciary Hall of Shame.)

He wanted the media barred from the courtroom because he and Willmott would be scrutinized for years to come if Jodi got the death penalty.

That is a very good argument for patience. However, I am afraid that if this goes on too long, especially with many delays, we will lose jurors. It has already been shown how easy it is for a juror to get him or herself dismissed. I think most have a conscience and would not deliberately do something to get kicked but let's face it, these people have lives outside of the courtroom and they probably have plans for the upcoming holidays. And most are not going to want their lives on hold into January/February or even longer. I think they will start dropping like flies.
Still not a reason to drop the DP. I think many of our posters are freaking out and imposing their wishes on this case. Scott Peterson got the Death Penalty and Juan has successfully put a woman in AZ on Death Row. I remain confident.

I don't remember but he doesn't appear to be quoting anyone.

I could be wrong but I think CMJA stated that in her testimony. I've read or heard it somewhere, and not from this jerk!

MOO, and I missed class the day proper comma use was taught!

ETA: I see someone stated that it may have been ALV who said that and Dr. F. repeated it. I might as well shut up, lol!

Yes, but those roads are not so desolate that she would need gas cans (not that you suggested that). I've driven around the block in the Southwest, and given her destinations, it wasn't too bad.

I do agree that her character + that environment would be extremely creepy. Apropos, in fact.
Agreed! I've driven through Arizona many times in my life and never once needed a gas can for a lack of gas stations.

It really is horrific to think about how she is capable of the long drive alone both there and back. On the way there with the weapons knowing what she was planning to do, and on way back with the bloody knife and gun to dispose of.

What scares me the most is someone that is capable of spending so much time AFTER she killed Travis.
-She literally is dragging him around.
-She is doing laundry.
-She most likely took a shower herself or at least cleaned up somehow.
-She may have changed clothes

She must have spent a considerable amount of time AFTER she killed him. Not that anybody has experience but it seems most people would want to literally run out of there.

Not Jodi though. She can casually hang around and take care of things.
Super heebie jeebie creep factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member