Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, none of your opinions of her make her a liar about being raped. It comes very, very close to victim blaming. Not all victims react the same way. My opinion and personal experience, though.

I am not blaming any victims. Not my thing.. I just don't believe a word she says especially since for years she has told a completely opposite story. It does not make sense that she would make up a story about him blowing her off years and years ago and tell it over and over. And now is changing that story completely. Not that she never said anything.. But that she told a completely different story that no one had to know..

It makes no sense.

All I can think of is how many men have been incarcerated for Rape only to be proved innocent years later by DNA. Women lie about rape. It is sad and disturbing but the fact is they do. It is crappy and it makes it harder for the real victims..

So While I would love to just be able to take every woman's word for it, I can not. I need proof.
If he did this, then it is a shame that they did not go through proper channels all those years ago, But at this point with no evidence, No dna How do we know they are telling the truth?

DNA would not have mattered one whit. Tox screens either. It would still be "he said, she said" and his voice was a million times more powerful.
We know he would have implied, as a few here do- that they are "nuts and *advertiser censored*". It's a disgusting defense, but if you look around- it works.

I am not blaming any victims. Not my thing.. I just don't believe a word she says especially since for years she has told a completely opposite story. It does not make sense that she would make up a story about him blowing her off years and years ago and tell it over and over. And now is changing that story completely. Not that she never said anything.. But that she told a completely different story that no one had to know..

It makes no sense.

she basically let the cat out of the bag with Howard Stern, saying he was a predator.

DNA would not have mattered one whit. Tox screens either. It would still be "he said, she said" and his voice was a million times more powerful.
We know he would have implied, as a few here do- that they are "nuts and *advertiser censored*". It's a disgusting defense, but if you look around- it works.

Well we will never know now. It may have been he said she said but at the time there would have been more chance for real proof and evidence. Now there is nothing.

Carla Ferrarigno on Nancy Grace- very credible. Says she realized later that she was "set up" by her date- who brought her to Cosby's house and then left her alone with him. Very common for the uber wealthy to surround themselves with enablers like that.

I know who she is.. And who she was. I have been alive a long time.. :) But back then she said that he was a jerk and blew her off. She has complained about him in her book and in interviews as being a jerk who blew her off.. Now all of a sudden he drugged and attacked her. She is no shrinking violet. When she wrote her book if it was true she could have out it in then.. But no.. Not until someone else raises the flag. AT this point she is a has been. Her fame comes from reality tv and plastic surgery..

No she couldn't have-as you yourself have said "she has absolutely no proof". Unless she saved the bedsheets with his semen on them, she couldn't make that accusation in her book. Her lawyers told her she could not put that in her book-period.

The only way I know anything about JD is from her recent appearance on Botched where her behavior was very inappropriate and left me feeling embarrased for her. It prompted me to google her and I was surprised by the pictures of her when she was about the age she claimed the rape happened. She was breathtakingly beautiful. Now she is an angry old woman trying to retain her looks. Who knows how much her experience with BC affected her. It does destroy some women and could explain some of her behavior now. If you don't believe in rape then of course you would not believe the experience could be that destructive.

Well we will never know now. It may have been he said she said but at the time there would have been more chance for real proof and evidence. Now there is nothing.

It would have been one of those 6-8% of unfounded, which basically means, she is not beat up, the man denies it and there is no video.
Conflating DNA convictions- which are usually needed for cases with strangers who rape- with ones who the victim can ID the perp is nonsense too. Both are rapes, but when the victim knows the rapist - are they frequently called liars. DNA does not matter at all- we all know that. She will still be accused of lying because DNA is "not proof" either. So easy for him to pretend it is consensual, and make it go away.

No she couldn't have-as you yourself have said "she has absolutely no proof". Unless she saved the bedsheets with his semen on them, she couldn't make that accusation in her book. Her lawyers told her she could not put that in her book-period.

Even then- if she showed bruising, she'd be the sl*t that demanded kinky sex. We've seen this all before.
Roofies can make the whole episode appear as if it never happened. He would not get nailed unless someone testified they gave him roofies and saw him dose the girl. That person is on his payroll. Not going to happen.

The trouble is that when you're defaulting in believing the alleged rapist's innocence until further notice you're also defaulting to disbelieving the 17 women who said he raped them. There's no proof that they're liars so that is not any more justice and no less gossip either.

Someone gets dragged through the mud either way based on an allegation anyway, it's just a choice about who.

Either we believe the allegation that Bill Cosby has raped, intimidated and harassed women or we believe the allegation that all the women who say he did are evil biotches who are making up false allegations and lying just to ruin a good man's good name.

Is Bill Cosby's word that he didn't (that he's very reluctant to give...) worth more than the word of 17 women who say he did?

Personally I think there's too much smoke for there not to be some fire somewhere.

Personally I think there's too much smoke for there not to be some fire somewhere.-Donjeta

The proverbial duck...

[video=youtube;LoR3qnpyu38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoR3qnpyu38[/video]

All I can think of is how many men have been incarcerated for Rape only to be proved innocent years later by DNA. Women lie about rape. It is sad and disturbing but the fact is they do. It is crappy and it makes it harder for the real victims..

So While I would love to just be able to take every woman's word for it, I can not. I need proof.
If he did this, then it is a shame that they did not go through proper channels all those years ago, But at this point with no evidence, No dna How do we know they are telling the truth?

BBM:

1. You have stated this before, and stated as fact that large numbers of men have had their lives ruined by false rape allegations. Would you please provide statistics, facts that support these large numbers of falsely accused men as you have been requested to do several times?

2. What would you regard as proof?

DNA could be argued away as consensual.
Bruises, physical injuries could be argued away as BDSM sex.
Drugs in the bloodstream could be argued away as consumed voluntarily, depending on what they were.

I'm baffled.

3. How do you know Cosby is telling the truth?

If you knew how amazingly sought after Dickinson was in the 80's, as one of the first "super models" you'd know she was not hurting for anyone's attention. A leg up professionally yes- but she had her choice of royalty, rock stars and the like all throughout that time period.
Her hurting over lumpy old Bill rejection is totally laughable in that context. And you know- she hinted at what her publisher was too chicken to print on Howard Stern, she pegged him as a predator long ago.

She more than hinted at it, Dr. Drew just played her interview with Howard Stern from 2006. She said the lawyers wouldn't let her put what he really did to her in her book, that they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. And that he is not a nice guy, he's a really bad guy. That he preys on women, like women straight out of rehab.

Personally I think there's too much smoke for there not to be some fire somewhere.-Donjeta

The proverbial duck...

[video=youtube;LoR3qnpyu38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoR3qnpyu38[/video]

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a rapey duck?

BBM:

1. You have stated this before, and stated as fact that large numbers of men have had their lives ruined by false rape allegations. Would you please provide statistics, facts that support these large numbers of falsely accused men as you have been requested to do several times?

2. What would you regard as proof?

DNA could be argued away as consensual.
Bruises, physical injuries could be argued away as BDSM sex.
Drugs in the bloodstream could be argued away as consumed voluntarily, depending on what they were.

I'm baffled.

3. How do you know Cosby is telling the truth?

Rapists proven innocent are majority (57%) of prisoners released by Innocence Project

http://www.innocenceproject.org/kno...rator=&compensation=&conviction=Rape&x=28&y=3

Lots of our "sisters" are liars.

Under the circumstances- there was no "proof" and we all know it. What would constitute evidence? You keep saying proof when you know it does not exist.

Drugs in the system of a know drug taker? LOL, yeah- Cops would go after Cosby for that.

LE doesn't even go after football players when there is video evidence, they cover it up.... until there is massive public outcry.

Rapists proven innocent are majority (57%) of prisoners released by Innocence Project

http://www.innocenceproject.org/kno...rator=&compensation=&conviction=Rape&x=28&y=3

And are ANY of them acquaintance rapes? Nope- these are pretty much ALL cases of bad eyewitness ID. (if victims are alive)

Not the same thing, as this case at all. They know who did it, they just do not have video- which is basically what it takes to get any acquaintance rapist to trial.

vhttp://www.innocenceproject.org/understand/Eyewitness-Misidentification.php

And are ANY of them acquaintance rapes? Nope- these are ALL cases of bed eyewitness ID. Not the same thing, is it?

I see moving of the goalposts again. So interesting. And link please that they are what you say they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get