Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/21-11/23/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up this morning and flipped on the local news to hear "breaking news in the Jodi Arias case!" then...."possible child *advertiser censored* found on Travis Alexander's computer".

If I had time I'd write them a letter but will do so later.

How f'ing dare they?
What channel and is it Phoenix? I will write them as well as call them.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 7m7 minutes ago
REMINDER: evidentiary hearing on #TravisAlexander laptop *advertiser censored* in #JodiArias trial starts at 1030. I'll be in there tweeting. @12News

BRAGGAGE ALERT!!!

I was on a plane with him once and had a long chat waiting for our suitcases. It was cool timing because he was flying back from San Diego after winning that big prosecutor award and was playing all coy about it then finally on the curb admitted what was in the box he was carrying (it was the award). He also gave me his phone number "let's' go to lunch sometime" which was very nice because he was always very kind to me about our case. He remembered details about it, our terrible Judge etc. I never used the number for lunch but did text him a couple of times. Maybe after all this is over I will. :D

Edited to add: if I ever do, of course I will come to WS before to get my list of questions to ask him which I will be carrying indiscreetly in my purse. lol

I remember! The coolest thing. How does one luck out as to be on a plane with him? I would swoon.

BRAGGAGE ALERT!!!

I was on a plane with him once and had a long chat waiting for our suitcases. It was cool timing because he was flying back from San Diego after winning that big prosecutor award and was playing all coy about it then finally on the curb admitted what was in the box he was carrying (it was the award). He also gave me his phone number "let's' go to lunch sometime" which was very nice because he was always very kind to me about our case. He remembered details about it, our terrible Judge etc. I never used the number for lunch but did text him a couple of times. Maybe after all this is over I will. :D

Edited to add: if I ever do, of course I will come to WS before to get my list of questions to ask him which I will be carrying indiscreetly in my purse. lol

Never mind the darn questions kcl, come and get US!

Regarding "Professional School for Psychological Studies"......

Like for example it's not ranked by U.S. News and World Report (the standard school "ranker") because they (the school) didn't provide data. And it was founded by Dr. "Oops" Geffner, who was an "expert" in part one of this debacle. And it's a "for profit" business/degree mill, which is never a good sign. And its awards, accolades, etc are from "Who's Who"-type lists. ("Give us money and we'll say nice stuff about you.")

Yeah, OK, I'm a little bit obsessed. These fake schools and their fake degrees and their fake experts are floating all over the place, polluting actual academic discourse. And no, of course they're not all fake... but people who basically buy letters to put after their names bug me. In case you couldn't tell.

Whether or not the PSPS was accredited in 1982 seems a bit murky; as far as I can tell, it wasn't on any kind of radar (except with the narrow focus of working with SF youth) until 1980. What got my attention partly, though, was the 3 year timeline in which Fonseca got her degree. That raises all kinds of red flags for me, unless the student is a 16-year-old math genius at a super-elite university.

For certain areas of study, for-profit universities serve a purpose, but imho should not be used for primary degrees (e.g. BA, MA and Ph.D.), but rather for further education for a specific technical-ish field such as financial planning. Being tossed a Ph.D. without critical thinking skills, close supervision by faculty over a number of years, a significant research project is just NO........

Fonseca, like ALV, just plain doesn't have critical thinking skills. There's no clear relationship between the data that's available and her hypothesis. Nor does she evaluate her own biases let alone anyone else's! We expect more from undergraduates at a decent university than she shows evidence of.

Did she even have any degree before she went to PSPS?

BRAGGAGE ALERT!!!

Ok. I'm officially envious. I consider him the best prosecutor I've ever seen, civil or criminal. Add to that he seems to be so passionately devoted to victims' families and to genuinely seeking justice for them and for the victims in all his cases.

I'd love to listen to him about the law, about how he approaches a case, all the nitty gritty that goes into his work. I genuinely admire him.

Gotta love this last line:
"The State used Melendez false testimony to argue that Ms. Arias was lying."

LOL! How dare the State accuse Ms. Arias of lying.

LOL Jodi Arias always tell the truth, the whole truth and NOTHING but the truth!!

I can't see what is on page 6, exhibit A...I have a blank page. If you can see it, will you tell me what it is? Thanks Curious!

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 5m 5 minutes ago

In the courtroom at #JodiArias trial.

Hearing starts in 30 mins.

Willmott is only one here that I can see so far.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3s 4 seconds ago

One of the attorneys up right now is named Mr. Salmon. #JodiArias

:hilarious: "salmon" . . . one of WAT's faves !

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 48s 48 seconds ago

Wow this lady up right now is fired up!!

She is representing some religious group.

She wants to go to trial ASAP! #JodiArias

From DGC: Trial ASAP ain't gonna happen in JSS' court !

:moo:

I have some comments about JW's response:

First, she either doesn't understand what a damaged hard drive is, or she's playing it that way in hopes that JSS won't know the difference between a hard drive and a connector with bent pins.

She then goes on to confuse the issues re: the State's request for an image copy as of the day defense rec'd the computer in 2014 to the copy the State made in 2008. She says he obviously didn't need another image copy, since JM later said they had gone back and analyzed their original copy. His original 2008 copy would not show the damage they claim was done in 2009, thus the need for a later dated one, and one they should have been able to furnish. It's their allegation, and their need to provide proof - I suspect she knows the difference.

She admits they sent the wrong file originally, but somehow blames "FTK software" for "grabbing the wrong drive". How exactly does software "grab" the wrong drive to turn over? This is ridiculous!

She then says the State had all this time to make one, but if they were unaware of these supposed 2009 changes, why would they do that? There would be no need. Both State & defense forensic examiners (that knew what they were doing) testified to what was on the 2008 copy, and both agreed there was no evidence of *advertiser censored* then. Again, you claim all this was done in 2009 - it's your allegations of wrong doing to prove, JW.

She then says there is nothing wrong with the 2nd copy they sent over and that they are appalled that the State doesn't know how to read what they sent...um, what exactly was sent and are we supposed to think State forensics wouldn't be able to read a real image copy? She says it's a clone, but not an untouched image - so what is it exactly? It's not a forensic image copy as protocol requires, but that's the State's problem, how? A clone is used basically to restore a drive to a existing state. It's for backup if your computer goes out, it's not what is required in forensic computer work and anyone familiar with those requirements would know that. I know she mentioned FTK software (above), but I have my suspicions (below) that neither FTK or Encase software with a write block was used, but either one would have done the job.

If you notice the picture of the pin damage, they included some interesting information:

Name: DSC09743.jpg
Item(?) type: FarStone.JPG File
Folder path E:/ARIAS MESA PD
Date created 8/26/2014 2:02PM (hard to read the day and could be 25th - but if it is it's @ a later time than when modified)
Date modified 8/25/2014 10:49AM (on the pdf, the font or size of the lettering here looks a little different to me, but could be the angle or something?)

The first thing I noticed was that the created date is after the modified date - unless I just need a new prescription and am reading this wrong. How can you modify a file before it's created? Also, I thought they didn't get this until late Sept or so?
Next was the "Item type": FarStone, which meant nothing to me, so I hit Google only to find a company that sells cloning/backup software that is basically for consumers and small businesses. It's products get good consumer reviews for inexpensive cloning or backup type software, but it's certainly not something a professional forensic person would use. Who might buy a copy of something like this? Maybe a private investigator, who in trying to provide what JA said was there, somehow screwed up the contents of the HD so badly that it can't be read again. Who knows what was furnished to the State, but JW's feigned surprise that the State couldn't read whatever they sent to them reads a little false after seeing "FarStone" on that pic. I notice the BBM on one of their product descriptions:
If this is indeed what their "expert" used, who knows what they had to 'analyze' and how it compared to the 2008 image copy?

All just my 2cents ...

Excellent post Lin, about that pic info, I zoomed it as big as I could get and even if the date created is the 25 (which I think you're right and it's the 26th, the time on the modified is earlier in the day, so it still doesn't match up. Wonder how they managed it?

hddpicinfo.jpg

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 9s 10 seconds ago

Judge is oot of the courtroom.

I am all by my lonesome. #JodiArias

Hi Smelly Squirrel! This trial is mostly being Tweeted, so it takes a lot more energy to follow than it did last year with streaming video. The video is supposed to be available after the verdict this time.

Beth Karas' site is really worth the price of admission. http://karasoncrime.com

The first couple of posts whenever Lambchop opens a new thread usually include a good list of Twitter accounts to follow. You can see many of those in one list here: http://twitter.com/eversnark/lists/arias-penalty-retrial

There are a whole bunch of MSM news articles linked from that site too http://www.eversnark.com/category/arias/ courtchatter.com and thetrialdiaries.com have many (if not all?) of the motions and court docs posted.

AZLawyer has been generously popping in here to answer questions, but there is also a legal Q and A thread that is current and active.

Hope this helps!

Those links help a lot! Thanks!

Ok. I'm officially envious. I consider him the best prosecutor I've ever seen, civil or criminal. Add to that he seems to be so passionately devoted to victims' families and to genuinely seeking justice for them and for the victims in all his cases.

I'd love to listen to him about the law, about how he approaches a case, all the nitty gritty that goes into his work. I genuinely admire him.

Hope ~
Are you as green with envy as your avatar picture :wink:

LOL Jodi Arias always tell the truth, the whole truth and NOTHING but the truth!!

I can't see what is on page 6, exhibit A...I have a blank page. If you can see it, will you tell me what it is? Thanks Curious!

Its the thingy that connects the cord to the computer with the pins all showing. They marked in green some pins that were bent and said they had realigned them. I think it's all BS.
(can you tell I am computer illiterate? :) had to call it a thingy.)

Its the thingy that connects the cord to the computer with the pins all showing. They marked in green some pins that were bent and said they had realigned them. I think it's all BS.
(can you tell I am computer illiterate? :) had to call it a thingy.)

Thank you Curious. We speak the same computer language!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal