GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, I opened a thread about May & the FSU shooting. Please copy your links & discussion there.

I don't think this is related to Prof Markel; time will tell.

Hmmmm, dotr, that would put a crimp in the theory. But, who knows, since he was origianlly from Tallahassee area, he could've been back in July. The landlord makes it sound like Myron was down on his luck despite being a lawyer licensed in a couple different states. Maybe law wasn't working out for him and he took it out on Dan--a person Myron might've known to be the most prominent law person on FSU's campus.

As for this FSU shooting, it could be the murder of Dan was the beginning of Myron's descent into whatever personal Hell he reached yesterday.

Rbbm.

Speculation, just to try on for size...

What if, in the apparently paranoid state MM might have entered, the murder of DM, confirmed M's suspicions that someone might be " out to get him" too?
If it could happen to DM, a person with a similar academic background, maybe MM felt that he too could be on some nameless, faceless, ( so far ) hit list?
It would be interesting if DM ever mentioned to others, that he too sometimes felt like he was being watched...Maybe he was! jmo.

Well, dotr, we're gonna find out. Because I emailed the Dona Ana County Prosecutor on Facebook a little bit ago and requested he search his records to find out if Myron May was at work in New Mexico on July 19, 2014. I told him he doesn't have to inform me of the results since I'm just a regular citizen. But I requested that if the prosecutor's office does discover Myron May wasn't at work that day for whatever reason--vacation, sickness, excused absence, etc.--they should inform law enforcement as soon as possible. In addition, I told them that if July 19, 2014 was right before Myron May started working for Dona Ana, that the office should inform law enforcement because Mr. May might've used the time between his job as a Las Cruces public defender and his prosecutor job to go to the Tallahassee area to visit family, etc. before starting his new job.

So, we'll see . . .

dotr, as far as Dan's murder causing Myron May to become paranoid? As in Myron May didn't have anything to do with Dan's death but it caused Myron to go off the deep end? I have no idea. It's hard for me to get inside of the mind of someone who seemingly was perfectly sane for 30 years of his life then suddenly shoots up a library. Myron May--I think I said this before--sounds exactly like Teleka Patrick, except she didn't try to kill anyone. A seemingly nice, polite, accomplished young woman . . . and then she develops some kind of psychosis, tries to get a hotel room with no money, and disappears, later to be found drowned in a lake where it's obvious she killed herself. I don't know, dotr. I don't know what sends these otherwise fine people into a fit of paranoia so quickly. I suppose the final straw could be anything.

Well, dotr, we're gonna find out. Because I emailed the Dona Ana County Prosecutor on Facebook a little bit ago and requested he search his records to find out if Myron May was at work in New Mexico on July 19, 2014. I told him he doesn't have to inform me of the results since I'm just a regular citizen. But I requested that if the prosecutor's office does discover Myron May wasn't at work that day for whatever reason--vacation, sickness, excused absence, etc.--they should inform law enforcement as soon as possible. In addition, I told them that if July 19, 2014 was right before Myron May started working for Dona Ana, that the office should inform law enforcement because Mr. May might've used the time between his job as a Las Cruces public defender and his prosecutor job to go to the Tallahassee area to visit family, etc. before starting his new job.

So, we'll see . . .

fasteddy---thank you for stepping in to request this information. I am anxiously awaiting for their reply.:tyou:

dotr, as far as Dan's murder causing Myron May to become paranoid? As in Myron May didn't have anything to do with Dan's death but it caused Myron to go off the deep end? I have no idea. It's hard for me to get inside of the mind of someone who seemingly was perfectly sane for 30 years of his life then suddenly shoots up a library. Myron May--I think I said this before--sounds exactly like Teleka Patrick, except she didn't try to kill anyone. A seemingly nice, polite, accomplished young woman . . . and then she develops some kind of psychosis, tries to get a hotel room with no money, and disappears, later to be found drowned in a lake where it's obvious she killed herself. I don't know, dotr. I don't know what sends these otherwise fine people into a fit of paranoia so quickly. I suppose the final straw could be anything.

Hope my post did not come off the wrong way, I agree that it is odd that one FSU lawyer is murdered and another, is an attempted murderer ,within months of each other!
Could the murder of DM, be a contributing factor in MM's breakdown and subsequent violence at FSU, ? imo, speculation ect.

I'm just watching and waiting to see what this brings. I'm not sold on him being involved. But I'm open to it.

So, there this story in my local newspapaer--the Tampa Bay Times:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/college/fsu-shooters-friends-tried-to-get-help-for-him-months-before-the-shooting/2207514

The highlights:

--he tried to get his gf to rent him a car so he could leave town unnoticed. Dan's case: The Prius could be rented.
--his paranoia caused him to drive to Denver and back for no reason--a 9 hour drive from NM. Dan's case: If he drove to Denver, it's certainly possible he could drive to Tallahassee.
--his paranoia seemed to get worse toward late summer. Dan's case: July 19th.
--at the party at the gun range it sounds like he had experience shooting guns. Dan's case: Somebody who with one pull of the trigger shot Dan in the jaw through a car window--that takes some accuracy.

Hey, maybe I'm the one getting paranoid, but these facts couldn't be more in line with the demographic of the person who murdered Dan Markel.

wildebeest, I truly don't know if I'll ever hear back from the Prosecutor's Office. In fact, I told them there was no need to keep me informed in any way. All I am trying to do is make them aware that they may unknowingly have a clue to another crime committed by the guy who worked for them. To put an exclamation point on it, the Prosecutor's Office may possess the #1 key clue: the evidence of Opportunity--since the Office must keep records of when their lawyers are and are not at work. Was Myron May at work on July 19th? Their Office could find that out in seconds. Whereas, friends of Myron May wouldn't be able to accurately know since none of us keep written track of our friends' whereabouts.

So, the Prosecutor's Office may let me know, they may not. I hope they do. But I won't be disappointed if they don't since I'm just a concerned citizen out here. I just want criminals caught--I don't need to be informed. If they pin Dan's murder on Myron May, that will be good enough for me.

dotr, all those stupid references like, "Well, a hit man would never drive a Prius." That's such shallow thinking and it shows how much people have been influenced by the entertainment we watch too much. You know what kind of car a murderer drives? Any kind that will get him to his victim.

dotr, all those stupid references like, "Well, a hit man would never drive a Prius." That's such shallow thinking and it shows how much people have been influenced by the entertainment we watch too much. You know what kind of car a murderer drives? Any kind that will get him to his victim.

FB comment #2 reference by MM to being stopped even though he was driving, in his words, a " soccer mom car".
Guess MM used that stereotype as well, plus, imo given his apparent state of mind, they probably had reason to pull him over.
Good thing LE recognize that a killer can be driving any sort of car, whether an Equinox or a Prius!

This is the link, hope it is fine, if not will delete shortly.
Point is, DM's killer may well have chosen a certain type of car, for good reason. jmo..

http://www./1625133/fsu-shooting-up...ook-friends-ranted-about-driving-while-black/

Sounds like he possibly was schizophrenic, perhaps untreated as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sounds like he possibly was schizophrenic, perhaps untreated as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It sounds the same to me after perusing his FB. Hyper-religiousity is often a precursor. I saw that earlier this week in a patient who was refusing treatment for breast cancer with mets, "God will heal me." Once under the care of doctors, said patient was diagnosed as a schizophrenic. Young person, and very sad. :(

wildebeest, I truly don't know if I'll ever hear back from the Prosecutor's Office. In fact, I told them there was no need to keep me informed in any way. All I am trying to do is make them aware that they may unknowingly have a clue to another crime committed by the guy who worked for them. To put an exclamation point on it, the Prosecutor's Office may possess the #1 key clue: the evidence of Opportunity--since the Office must keep records of when their lawyers are and are not at work. Was Myron May at work on July 19th? Their Office could find that out in seconds. Whereas, friends of Myron May wouldn't be able to accurately know since none of us keep written track of our friends' whereabouts.

So, the Prosecutor's Office may let me know, they may not. I hope they do. But I won't be disappointed if they don't since I'm just a concerned citizen out here. I just want criminals caught--I don't need to be informed. If they pin Dan's murder on Myron May, that will be good enough for me.

Good for you, fasteddy! It takes courage to get involved. You never know where it may lead.:cheers:

I hope the police aren't too busy covering the tracks of the FSU quarterback to solve this case.

4 Dispatchers placed on leave as part of internal review, after the problem with the Dan Markel call and a Deputy's death.

An internal audit showed that in its first nine months of operation, the Motorola dispatch system experienced 83 issues ranging from miscategorized calls, botched upgrades and even full system failures. On one occasion, the agency was unable to answer emergency calls. Once the system was back up and running, dispatchers were reduced to returning calls long afterward to people who'd tried to report an emergency.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/loca...placed-on-leave-after-deputy-killed/19878583/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff