Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/01/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambChop

Former Member
Reaction score
New thread. You can continue to post here:

:confused:

Copied over from the previous thread, I was typing my reply and didnt see it was closing.

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
As a card carrying member of The Club*, I admire JM as much as the next Juanette but as a sleuther I have some questions that haven't been adequately answered. Whether the nudies were made that afternoon or at any other time doesn't change anything really, I just want the truth of the whole matter and there is enough about them that gives me pause.

Frankly some of the prosecution's theory does as well, as in - why did they have the gunshot first all the way up until close to trial, what changed in their mind to go with stabbing first and gunshot last? Why didn't they study the pictures close enough to see in the very last one it isn't the back of his neck you see (as JM compared the red streak pattern to the photo before) but rather someone's hand? And why have they always said the photo before (pant leg pic) is JA dragging Travis when the timestamps clearly show there wasn't enough time for him to be dead and dragged by that point and if he were, how could he hold his head up that high? And how can they say the last pic was the camera on the floor and upside down when it's clear something is moving just under the lens of the camera?

It just seems to me they barely looked at those pics at all to deduce content and rather said there's blood, what looks like the back of his head and arm, his tile floor, lots of red in the last pic, there you have it! Have what? You have the pics, you have the technology - figure out exactly what is in them and then draw your conclusions and theories.

Anyways, those are some of my concerns.

Geevee, I also have some unanswered questions about the theory of wounds and when they were inflicted. I also am interested in the photos, but lest us say we are interested just based on the mere fact of being sleuthers. JMs job is/was to convince the jury of premed M1 with aggravating factors(which we know he proved) I believe what is left is conjecture, and likely answers we will never receive. RE: Pictures, they (the state) doesnt actually have a CSI type of forensics at their disposal the evidence would have had to of been sent off to the FBI or other type of facility for further enhancing. He'd need a reason to use up those departments valuable resources, time and money. In the end, the photos enhanced wouldnt have been a make/break for the state. Its more of a curiosity to those of us who love to over-analyze. Secondly, I really honestly do not understand why Dr.Horn changed his theory thus the state changing it. I have to assume we are all entitled to change our opinions, since that is all they are. Opinions based on the evidence we may have countered with our experience. He never said they circumstances of the gun/knife were medical facts or even probability, just his medical opinion. But, I like you would love to know that answer at a later date (Book please JM??)

#3!...cyber Monday shopping while we wait

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Bringing over:

Geevee, I also have some unanswered questions about the theory of wounds and when they were inflicted. I also am interested in the photos, but lest us say we are interested just based on the mere fact of being sleuthers. JMs job is/was to convince the jury of premed M1 with aggravating factors(which we know he proved) I believe what is left is conjecture, and likely answers we will never receive. RE: Pictures, they (the state) doesnt actually have a CSI type of forensics at their disposal the evidence would have had to of been sent off to the FBI or other type of facility for further enhancing. He'd need a reason to use up those departments valuable resources, time and money. In the end, the photos enhanced wouldnt have been a make/break for the state. Its more of a curiosity to those of us who love to over-analyze. Secondly, I really honestly do not understand why Dr.Horn changed his theory thus the state changing it. I have to assume we are all entitled to change our opinions, since that is all they are. Opinions based on the evidence we may have countered with our experience. He never said they circumstances of the gun/knife were medical facts or even probability, just his medical opinion. But, I like you would love to know that answer at a later date (Book please JM??)

I agree. When it comes to the pictures, Juan's guess is as good as any of ours. Many of us look at that picture and the others see different things. Just because they are pros doesn't mean they'll ever have the answers or they'd have presented it. All they can do is what they've done, which is put the pics up and try and fill in the gaps or present theories and allow you to fill in your own gaps. Like you said, it's not like we will ever understand them.

My understanding of Dr. Horn's change in opinion is that he never actually did change his opinion nor did he have an opinion on the order of the wounds until the defense started making a big deal about the order of them at one point to get the death penalty off the table.

The state had their theory before that, again, because they can only go with what the know. In two separate stories Jodi told a story of how the gunshot came first. And that's what they knew. But the defense started making an issue of it so the state asked Dr. Horn for his opinion. So when he gave it they were forced to change their theory about order of wounds. Something similar happened in the Pistorius trial. They'd had a theory that Oscar was on his prosthetics when he shot Reeva until their own ballistics expert found otherwise. So they had to change their case. You have to go with what the facts and what your experts are telling you.

But that's just my understanding of it.

:seeya: #4 or #5 ... I think ... lol !

Anyway ... WHEN will we get to see a copy of the "top secret witness testimony" of CMJA ?

Of course, video would be nice ... but I doubt that ... so will settle for a Transcript !

:seeya: #4 or #5 ... I think ... lol !

Anyway ... WHEN will we get to see a copy of the "top secret witness testimony" of CMJA ?

Of course, video would be nice ... but I doubt that ... so will settle for a Transcript !

I asked this of AZL - she said could be weeks. Bodney didn't ask JSS for a copy - (he's required to do that first) - but she may just go ahead and do it to get Bodney off her back. Hope I didn't mangle AZl's words or meanng.

Isn't it past time for testimony to begin? ty

Copied over from the previous thread, I was typing my reply and didnt see it was closing.

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
As a card carrying member of The Club*, I admire JM as much as the next Juanette but as a sleuther I have some questions that haven't been adequately answered. Whether the nudies were made that afternoon or at any other time doesn't change anything really, I just want the truth of the whole matter and there is enough about them that gives me pause.

Frankly some of the prosecution's theory does as well, as in - why did they have the gunshot first all the way up until close to trial, what changed in their mind to go with stabbing first and gunshot last? Why didn't they study the pictures close enough to see in the very last one it isn't the back of his neck you see (as JM compared the red streak pattern to the photo before) but rather someone's hand? And why have they always said the photo before (pant leg pic) is JA dragging Travis when the timestamps clearly show there wasn't enough time for him to be dead and dragged by that point and if he were, how could he hold his head up that high? And how can they say the last pic was the camera on the floor and upside down when it's clear something is moving just under the lens of the camera?

It just seems to me they barely looked at those pics at all to deduce content and rather said there's blood, what looks like the back of his head and arm, his tile floor, lots of red in the last pic, there you have it! Have what? You have the pics, you have the technology - figure out exactly what is in them and then draw your conclusions and theories.

Anyways, those are some of my concerns.

Well, to be honest, your concerns seem quite distinct from those believing the nude/sexual pictures weren't taken that day. As far as the accidental crime scene photos, I could never make heads or tails out of them, at least not enough to form an opinion about the detail of events supporting one theory and rejecting another. I believe they show that she was there, and active in the murder, and that was enough for me.

As far as the testimony about the gun shot, wasn't the gun shot first theory taken initially from JA's third Book of Lies, and she testified to that sequence of events? The controversy arising subsequently is academic imo. She used both (knife and gun) during a short period of time, and TA did not survive the result. That's what's important to me.

As far as wanting to know the whole truth in great detail, it's not possible, and I know I can't walk down a dead-end street and expect to come out the other side. Some things aren't knowable.

To go back to the beginning, your concerns seem quite separate from those advocating JA planting the sex pictures.

This retrial makes me so darn mad.
It should take half-day max for this-- JM pleads why JA needs to die, JA pleads for her life and JM rebuts.
What's all this other carp?

JSS may theoretically be able to grant Nurmi's latest motion, but I don't believe she would do so.

The COA told her flat out that CMJA doesn't have a right to testify in secret. Nurmi's motion seems to be predicated on a right that doesn't exist. So what if JSS said otherwise once upon a time. She was overruled. I can't believe she'd compound her error by taking the DP off the table.

For her self preservation, if nothing else, I think she will avoid the corner Nurmi is trying to manuever her into.

I don't think there is court today mck16.

Well, to be honest, your concerns seem quite distinct from those believing the nude/sexual pictures weren't taken that day. As far as the accidental crime scene photos, I could never make heads or tails out of them, at least not enough to form an opinion about the detail of events supporting one theory and rejecting another. I believe they show that she was there, and active in the murder, and that was enough for me.

As far as the testimony about the gun shot, wasn't the gun shot first theory taken initially from JA's third Book of Lies, and she testified to that sequence of events? The controversy arising subsequently is academic imo. She used both (knife and gun) during a short period of time, and TA did not survive the result. That's what's important to me.

As far as wanting to know the whole truth in great detail, it's not possible, and I know I can't walk down a dead-end street and expect to come out the other side. Some things aren't knowable.

To go back to the beginning, your concerns seem quite separate from those advocating JA planting the sex pictures.

I totally feel the same. The only pictures I haven't seen are those of TA attacking or abusing Jodie.

This trial needs to move on and settle all this crap that makes no difference in her sentence. It was a cruel and heinous murder. She murdered him over and over and she needs to spend the rest of her life paying for it. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy