MO - Michael Brown's stepfather being investigated for inciting riot

IMO, DM prints inaccurate info no more than the NYT etc... does.

From my experience reading their articles, it seems like they just overload as much info onto a page and hope more of it is accurate than not. JMO

Do we consider DM MSM around here?

I guiltily admit that I just KNEW there would be a thread when I heard the news this AM. I do think that he is a blowhard, but I also think that the arson was planned way before he called for it. JMO

I am sure some were planning it. But he certainly drove the issue home. He stood on a car, grabbed the mic, and screamed for them to burn the city down. He repeatedly screamed for them to do so. He hyped them up and incited the mayhem, imo.

Louis Head. He is either the boyfriend or new husband of MB's biological mother, Leslie Mcspadden.

It gets confusing, doesn't it. Lol

Sent from Tapatalk

Lol, nooooo I know WHO he is, but it seemed you were implying something else.

No offense to anyone, but this is the stupidest thing I have heard yet. We have a thread about someone getting pissed that a GJ didn't indict his step son's killer? If you thought you saw riots already, just wait to see it light up if the step dad gets indicted.

On a personal level, I don't like the step dad. I've read enough about his history and have witnessed his behavior to know that hes <modsnip> and his behavior was way out of line. That doesn't change the fact that I just shake my head over the fact that this is even a thread on WS.
We have a thread because multiple law enforcement agencies find it to be interesting, it's all over the news, and people want to talk about it, including sleuthers.

It harms no one, unless a handful of people start complaining and overworking the mods.

I see hundreds of threads and discussions here and all over the Internet that I don't get. I scroll by. Different strokes. Live and let live. ;)

Sent from Tapatalk

I am sure some were planning it. But he certainly drove the issue home. He stood on a car, grabbed the mic, and screamed for them to burn the city down. He repeatedly screamed for them to do so. He hyped them up and incited the mayhem, imo.

Maybe. But wasn't he at police station and the fires quite a distance from there? I do not know the details,because I did not watch the arsonists. JMO I didn't watch HIM, either.

Lol, nooooo I know WHO he is, but it seemed you were implying something else.
Oh! :floorlaugh:
I just reread my post. You mean where I said that others have clarified who exactly he is?

I'd need to scroll up more to be sure, but I think I was referring to the exchange about the step-dad status, because of the perceived loss. :thinking:

I'm too busy trying to watch hockey to swear on anything I say, though. :D

Sent from Tapatalk

Maybe. But wasn't he at police station and the fires quite a distance from there? I do not know the details,because I did not watch the arsonists. JMO I didn't watch HIM, either.

I think it was a few hours after before the fires started as well. I remember cause I was watching it and it all seemed pretty tame except for the cop car on fire. Then I woke up in the AM and saw all hell had broken loose.

It wouldn't bother me in the least if he were nailed for inciting criminal activity. I just don't think that he was commandeering the criminals. Their agenda, in my opinion was destruction, and not protest about the death of MB. JMO

Oh! :floorlaugh:
I just reread my post. You mean where I said that others have clarified who exactly he is?

I'd need to scroll up more to be sure, but I think I was referring to the exchange about the step-dad status, because of the perceived loss. :thinking:

I'm too busy trying to watch hockey to swear on anything I say, though. :D

Sent from Tapatalk
Argh shoulda known you are red wings fan!

Argh shoulda known you are red wings fan!
:eek: Eight teams playing right now, and you figure me as a Redwing? Now I'm insulted. :p

:eek:fftobed:

;)

Sent from Tapatalk

It wouldn't bother me in the least if he were nailed for inciting criminal activity. I just don't think that he was commandeering the criminals. Their agenda, in my opinion was destruction, and not protest about the death of MB. JMO

This issue could be addressed before the Ferguson Commission. I really hope he does not get arrested. This would be an opportunity to engage in major discourse of this panel.

McSpadden began crying and shouting. Her body vibrated with pain as she jumped to her feet.

"I do want to meet with him right now," McSpadden screamed. "What do you mean no indictment?!"

She then ran out of a hotel room followed by family members.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/24/ferguson-grand-jury-deliberations/19474907/

if one was so distressed upon privately hearing the g/jury's decision - the last place i'd expect grieving parents to be is standing on top of a car surrounded by protestors/agitators - <modsnip>

nobody tried to stop/calm down mr. head.

I think it's clear from his actions that he was hoping the crowd would react to his words, and he wanted to see that reaction take place, considering the heightened 'emotions' at the time and his personal connection to the victim, he had every reason to expect that they would react with random violence upon public servants, state property and privately owned property, which is exactly what happened. If that is an indictable crime, I think the state has a right to charge him, should they? Probably yes, we expect more from people, if he had stood up and said 'people need to calm down, go home and hug your kids' or some such thing and people did calm down we'd be hailing him a hero.

JMO.

It's interesting that the bio Dad had called for 4 1/2 minutes of silence after the verdict and it was honored. Why wouldn't the step dad's wishes be honored too? Seems criminal to me.

I seriously doubt the rioters were standing around, serenely waiting for the verdict and only decided to set things on fire after hearing from the stepfather. That doesn't make any sense any more than it makes sense for him to want people to riot and burn things down. How does that serve him, exactly?

He's grieving and had an excited reaction where he said inappropriate stuff. Ever had something terrible happen and d*** xyz to hell? Your boss/the guy who cut you off in traffic/the IRS/whatever. Multiply that by 1000 and that's where his head is. Doesn't mean I think he's a great guy but his criminal history has nothing to do with this. Unless you think anyone who has been to prison likes to burn stuff down just because.

If LE wants things stay somewhat calm and the protests to die down, this is the absolute wrong way to do it. It's really stupid but then again, so was announcing the decision at 9:30pm.

MUFFETT BBM So IMO all of this being known by LE, I completely understand why they don't consider his calls for burning to be due to an otherwise good person reacting in the heat of grief.

OK I didnt say he was a good person, good or bad , it was a reaction, I just dont think HE in the state of grief (be it for wife, whatever) should be responsible for the rest of the people. havent they repetedly said they want peacful protests?

The only family member I recall asking for peaceful protests was MB's biological father. Maybe I missed it, but I did not see anything where mom and step dad asked themselves.

Similar too.....
Is a person who screams hijack on a plane responsible for chaos that could ensue? ;)

Or.... substitute bomb for hijack. Would someone who screamed bomb on a plane be responsible...... ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back