Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/3 -12/04 In recess w/hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
the crazy sexpert kept harping on Jodi being a secret. That Deanna was more known as a girlfriend. Did she not see the video of Jodi sleeping on Travis's lap while he was telling a story to 6-8 friends?

There are, however, periodic meetings of the capital case judges to ensure all the cases are moving along on schedule...don't know what to tell you about that.

Judge 1: "Mine's moving along quite well, compared to JSS' case."

Judge 2: "We have had some delays, but it hasn't yet reached the level of, for example,
JSS' case."

Judge 3: "We have had mostly 4-day weeks, a couple of 3, and one 2. If you look at
JSS' case, I'd say we're doing fine.

Judge 4: "I would ask the board to look at JSS' case along with mine before concluding
that we are moving too slow."

JSS: "Er...lunch is on me?"

This whole thing has become so convoluted.

Arias took the stand in the first trial and claimed it was self defense. The argument on 5/26, according to her at that time, was over the pamphlets she sent him about his "issue" or interest in children. There was no mention of *advertiser censored* or pedo arguments on 6/4/2008. Instead, Travis allegedly was outraged after she dropped his camera while doing a Calvin Klein shoot of him in the shower.

This new jury has heard nothing about self defense. They have heard nothing about pedo brochures that she picked up at a mall. Yet the defense is now making a big issue that Travis was into *advertiser censored* and that he accessed kiddie *advertiser censored* sites on his computer.

How in any way is *advertiser censored* on his computer exculpatory when it comes to her? If I understand things correctly, a Brady Violation has to do with exculpatory evidence, not mitigating evidence. Can anyone help me out here, because I'm lost on this one.

I must be in the minority about the jury and verdict, which is OK, I'm quite accustomed to being there. ;)

I think she's going to get the DP. And I don't think jurors were swayed in any meaningful way, if at all.

I've really tried to put myself in their place. They were instructed that she has been convicted of premeditsted, first degree murder, and that she killed him in an especially cruel way. They have seen the photos that conclusively prove that cruelty.

They were also instructed that they MUST accept that verdict. That their job was to listen to mitigation and weigh whether or not she deserves life rather than the DP.

OK. They hear one week of recap, a very abbreviated version of what happened and who is who. Many of us thought that the recap was likely confusing to these new jurors. As in, where di we come in?

Then heartbreaking VIM's, which left every single juror crying or stunned. Awful. Reality sets in.

Imagine sitting there for what came next. The court room cleared, the murderer on the stand and then not, delays, days upon days off, attorneys up talking to the judge every few minutes. Nothing gets explained.

Then, this witness, who seems to want to only talk about sex and to speak ill of the dead, of the murder victim. For days. If they're focused on their duty they are asking themselves....what are we being told here about mitigation?

For most, I bet its beyond their comprehension that they're being told her mitigation is that the victim may or may not be a pedophile. The quack spoke almost not at all of physical abuse. It was sex sex sex and the victim's dark side , his hiding and shaming a 3 hole wonder.

They got to ask questions. IMO they asked the questions they did because they're trying to make sense of how talk of a Mormon boyfriend in a 5 month long relationship having some issues is relevant. Where is the part about her feeling sorry? Remorse? Anything?

By any objective measure that quack was a disaster for the defense, and besides a murderer, that's about all they have. JM is brilliant, he knows how to read juries, and he has to convince a jury of one single truth- that she doesn't deserve their mercy.

As long as there aren't any stealth jurors, Im actually increasingly confident she'll get the DP.
I feel the same way Hope, I feel confident that despite all the BS from the defense, she'll get the DP. Trashing the victim doesn't mitigate murder. I also am going to remain silent on bashing JSS. I think it will all work out.

This whole thing has become so convoluted.

Arias took the stand in the first trial and claimed it was self defense. The argument on 5/26, according to her at that time, was over the pamphlets she sent him about his "issue" or interest in children. There was no mention of *advertiser censored* or pedo arguments on 6/4/2008. Instead, Travis allegedly was outraged after she dropped his camera while doing a Calvin Klein shoot of him in the shower.

This new jury has heard nothing about self defense. They have heard nothing about pedo brochures that she picked up at a mall. Yet the defense is now making a big issue that Travis was into *advertiser censored* and that he accessed kiddie *advertiser censored* sites on his computer.

How in any way is *advertiser censored* on his computer exculpatory when it comes to her? If I understand things correctly, a Brady Violation has to do with exculpatory evidence, not mitigating evidence. Can anyone help me out here, because I'm lost on this one.

Child *advertiser censored* would be exculpatory in a very tangential way, because it would support her story about the whole relationship spinning into an abusive spiral after the child *advertiser censored* incident. And I assume if she hasn't told that tale (in secret) already, she plans to.

I agree, Hope. And I imagine as the Dr. was reading these messages where Travis says horrible mean things about Jodi, they have to be thinking, but he was RIGHT about her being evil, and a liar, and the worst thing that ever happened to him, so maybe all the rest of this was justified as well. These are not really such mean things to say to a person who would travel 1000 miles to kill you three times over in an especially cruel manner and then lie about it repeatedly with a smile on her face.

BBM.
I completely agree with you. I don't see this as Travis being mean or abusive in the least, since Jodi earned and deserved those words by her behavior. Does anyone really think you're supposed to be nice to a stalker who has slashed your tires, hacked into your computer, stolen your diaries, cheated you out of money (for the wrecked car) and other such behaviors???

It's the only way I think Travis knew how to get rid of her. I don't think he knew that he needed to completely cut all contact with her and get a restraining order/call the police when she showed up, his background never prepared him to deal with a psychopath.

Thanks MeeBee, good post as usual.

I have a feeling that JSS "HATES" Jodi as much as we do. She has had to deal with JA a lot since the trial in 2013. JA's motions just never seem to stop.

*She had to grant JA's motion to represent herself ( to get info)
*JA then submitted another motion saying she no longer wanted to
represent herself.
*Jodi asking for a "new attorney" because she wanted Kurmi out.
*KN asking/pleading/begging numerous times to get off the case.

I really think she is "overcompensating" for fear of a mistrial.

I totally agree!!! And I think we will see a better outcome than Judge Lance Ito or Judge Belvin Perry's courtrooms!!

A little disappointed in Jeff Golds assessment of the jurors questions. However, if that is the case than JM will bring it around with Dr. DeMarte.

... if you're living in an alternate reality.

Really, Monica tries hard to hide her bias with an appearance of presenting straightforward facts, but the big giveaway is that her facts are wrong - and aimed to excite and attract a certain sector of the audience.
She's the Jean Casares of this trial. She's a defense attorney and playing devil's advocate.

I also wonder if Tanisha's anger was about the juror's questions and how they were mostly about TA behavior instead of CMJA.

My guess as to why the delay: defense had no 'available' witnesses (and we all know why), with Jodi refusing to take the stand before she has the *advertiser censored* needed to back up her lies, so have to wait until after Thursday for that, what's a girl to do, and so on.

Should be an interesting couple of days though. A chance to wipe some of the defense detritus off the table and refocus on justice under the law. Might actually get a day or two of real trial in next week, before the next defense s**t storm hits...

If the other witnesses don't come in, can we get her sentenced by Christmas time???:please::please::please::praying::praying::praying:

Imagine being one of the jurors and having to explain to your boss whats going on.

A couple weeks in (on a mid-week day)....
Boss: Hey what are you doing back?
Juror: Just some issue with the trial. I have to go back Monday

A week later (mid-week).....
Juror: Just another issue with the trial. I have to go back Monday

Juror: Just another issue with the trial. I have to go back Monday

Boss: Ok, this is ridiculous. Come to my office please.
Juror: Honestly Sir, the trial has been crazy.
Boss: Well so long as this is all over by December 18th like you told us.

A week later (mid-week again).....
Boss: What now?
Juror: About that December 18th day......

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

You have just made my acid reflux and GERD REALLY act up! Where are my Tums (and Shady iirc, my pickle juice?)

I don't know, but that's what I suspect too, plus Arias refusing to continue, and I'm guessing she wants that *advertiser censored* in and can't do that until after the hearing on Thursday. I'm hoping that gets shot down and then whats she got?

Marc McGee, Gayla somebody, and one of her ex's- Matt McCartney or Daryl Brewer???

I don't think she had to bother telling that to JA. Jodi NEVER would have told the truth about what really sparked that rant. She will take that to the grave because that tidbit, I believe, indicates just how sick and twisted she really is.
Personally I think she told Travis that she recorded their phone sex conversations and planned to use it against him. But I have no proof of that.
Right, but, if TA was exposed, what would he have to tell to JA parents, the Freemans etc that was so bad?
Theft? Fraud? ?

I have a feeling that the defense team is going to create some new issue or cause some more drama about this hard drive that they are supposed to turn over.

Juan will get something from them and it will either be wrong again or something will be matter with it.

And once we can finally get through all of the defense team's nonsense I have a bad feeling that Jodi will cause some drama of her own. She will either be sick or flat refuse to answer any questions.

Its going to take the iron fist of the law (or courtroom law) to force the defense and Jodi to finish this phase. She is in her cell thinking to herself that so long as this phase never finishes then I am really not convicted. And to top it off, I am helping Nurmi get rich and he will surely pay me back some money I will need some day.

Maybe before this trial is over we will get to see her get dragged in shackles and physically forced to sit in the witness chair with a Silence of the Lamb mask on to prevent her from spitting on people.

Seriously though, I do think its going to take some very serious rulings to force the defense to finish this phase. There is no doubt they are purposely stalling at every turn.

She'll at least get a migraine. She wants to be at Estrella to do Jailhouse Idol this year! Michael Jackson faked a spider bite to try to get out of his pedophilia trial.:rolleyes:

I also wonder if Tanisha's anger was about the juror's questions and how they were mostly about TA behavior instead of CMJA.

I think it was because there's another delay, probably because Arias refused to re-take the stand.

Just posting this as a refresher for those who may not have read it. I really don't think Juan needs help other than a jury that is just as sick of the lies and continuous knife thrusts as we are.

http://www.wendymurphylaw.com/an-op...n-a-death-penalty-verdict-against-jodi-arias/

I remain confident in Juan. He's gotten other people in Arizona put on Death Row, including a woman not long ago- Wendy Andriano, who murdered her husband who had Cancer, because he wasn't dying fast enough for her!

I am so stunned about the total lack of respect this sexpert had for the State of AZ in the United States of America. She basically gave a big FU to JM and JSS. And Nurmi's behavior is not much better. Slouching in his chair and never standing up when objecting. Miss Manners would not be pleased. Don't they teach manners is non Accredited schools. Both of them should be ashamed of themselves.

I wonder why Juan did not question her credentials.

I'm thinking he didn't ask her because he is waiting until his expert witnesses to take the stand and ask them about unaccredited degrees and what the mean in the professional world. I think he did a depo on her so he knows that her response will be a lot of blah blah blah so why ask the question. IMO

Right? You can tell she was coached by the words she used. Debasing? that's Jodi's word. That ain't no coinky dink. And also her telling Juan "we will go at it" and all her comments to the jurors about Juan only has one game play, and to ignore his distractions. There is no way any witness would ordinarily act like that. NO WAY! We all know Jodi doesn't like Juan cuz he makes her brain scramble and she can't sexitize (my made up word) him and Nurmi doesn't like him either because Nurmi wishes he WAS Juan but he will never be. It's so comical to read the tweets about Nurmi copying Juan's style hahaha. And Jennifer has not mastered lawyer 101 regarding never ask a question you don't know the answer to. She NEVER knows the answer and gets upset when she doesn't get the answer she wanted, but if she deposed her witnesses correctly she would already know what they are going to say. Truly the Dr. had an agenda to take Juan down. Did she succeed? Not by a long shot.
BUT Jodi's team seems to think she did because on "Jodi's" twitter it states that Juan's attempts to "bamboozle" Dr. F was ineffective. It goes on to say how can someone manipulate an expert in psychology (she's an expert in psychology? I thought she was an expert in deviant sexual behaviors) and that Dr F has Juan figured out. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Is all I have to say about that!
They're living in la-la land. They also thought Jodi would be freed by Thanksgiving, "all charges dropped", and carving their turkeys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken