Haleigh Cummings general discussion

Nancy Grace Mysteries - Last night, HLN re-played the 2013 documentary of Haleigh Cummings. I have seen it several times but continue to watch incase there is something there that I have missed. One thing I would like to re-iterate from the show, Nancy says, Ronald was at work, " I confirmed it myself."
Our question has always been, what hours? Did he work overtime that night?

interesting within your article; " .... friends may donate to Brown by contacting the office of Attorney James Werter in St. Augustine at ..." -
As you may recall, JW was Tommy's atty and SKB hired by Crystal's family (maternal side).

... things that make me go hmmmm...

http://host-45.242.54.159.gannett.c...orney-Haleigh-Cummings-was-Probably-Strangled
-----------------------

I just found this about Steven K Brown.

Dated June 30, 2012 - he was about to have a bone marrow transplant for leukemia.

http://staugustine.com/living/2012-...rallying-around-leukemia-patient#.VHyg3WK9KSN

I don't see a death notice or obit. Hope he is well.

Misty is in the St Johns Co jail as of 1:20 this afternoon. Wonder what's up?

Misty is in the St Johns Co jail as of 1:20 this afternoon. Wonder what's up?

Sorry to quote myself, but maybe she's ready to talk. I know she had the one drug charge in St Johns, but I can't see why they would drag her back for anything pertaining to that. Didn't they have her there before, to keep her separated from the others, or am I mis-remembering?

Sorry to quote myself, but maybe she's ready to talk. I know she had the one drug charge in St Johns, but I can't see why they would drag her back for anything pertaining to that. Didn't they have her there before, to keep her separated from the others, or am I mis-remembering?

I don't know how to link it but on St. Johns county courts website it says she filed a writ of habeas corpus appeal on 12/1.

ETA What is a writ of habeas corpus?

Just read one of LC's fb pages. She posted that Misty has court coming up 12/22/14.

Habeas corpus

Latin for "that you have the body." In the US system, federal courts can use the writ of habeas corpus to determine if a state's detention of a prisoner is valid.

Overview

Habeas corpus is a writ that is used to bring a party who has been criminally convicted in state court into federal court. Usually, writs of habeas corpus are used to review the legality of the party’s arrest, imprisonment, or detention. The federal court’s review of a habeas corpus petition is considered to be collateral relief of a state court decision rather than direct review.

more at link

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/habeas_corpus

Nope you are not alone. I have a notebook full. Just looking at it all the other day. I feel confident that Misty was NOT at the trailer when whatever happened to Haleigh took place.

This is new info to me. I didn't know naynay was living there. Do u know if this guy was living there at the time of Haleighs "disappearance" sometimes I actually feel bad for ron, that he really might have been at work the whole night. And he really did come home to his daughter gone. Am I crazy? I've held on to the belief that something happened after school between ron & misty that led to Haliegh getting caught or neglected and fatally injured. But really there were so many people around. I've seen in my own life this type of environment and how little the children are cared for.
I can't believe we don't know yet! Damn it misty! Tell us! She's the common denominator here.

No, you are not crazy. I believe he was at work too. I even think its possible he doesn't know what happened.

No, you are not crazy. I believe he was at work too. I even think its possible he doesn't know what happened.
You might want to re-examine your notebooks if you believe Ron doesn't know what happened to Haleigh.
Anyone with 2 eyes knows that Misty Croslin Cummings lied through her teeth wrt everything that happened that night. Ron covered for her at every turn. He lied for her, warned her when LE was on to her, slept with her, MARRIED her...all after she "lost" his baby girl and lied about everything from jump street.

Ron knows. Misty knows. Tommy knows. They are all where they belong.

You might want to re-examine your notebooks if you believe Ron doesn't know what happened to Haleigh.
Anyone with 2 eyes knows that Misty Croslin Cummings lied through her teeth wrt everything that happened that night. Ron covered for her at every turn. He lied for her, warned her when LE was on to her, slept with her, MARRIED her...all after she "lost" his baby girl and lied about everything from jump street.

Ron knows. Misty knows. Tommy knows. They are all where they belong.

Oh, I hear you. Everyone has lied so much its what makes this case so frustrating. I do believe he was at work, but perhaps he doies know SOMETHING. So, what is your personal theory? I have been combing you tube videos too and watching interviews and jail tapes again, and my opinion is always changing....Misty has told the most stories. Does anyone feel JO was involved? Does anyone believe Tommy?

This case still haunts me. Haleigh didn't have a fair chance. Imo Ron knows bc Ron did it. And how a person can throw a child's body to alligators is beyond me, but sadly I think that is what happened.

I'm not sure I ever understood why Misty got 25 years in prison to the others' 15. She is a victim, in a way, too, imo.

The small glimmer of light in this case is that Jr will still have a chance at a good life. I hope he is not remanded to the care of TN or sykes.

Everything I say here is a personal theory and not a fact. I do not know if it is true. Sorry if this sounds a bit muddled.

It just hit me. You lie for someone when your child is missing. You marry them. You do that if they have a hold over you. You do that if they could expose you. (Marry me or I will tell.) Misty has to know something, but it is about Ron. However, she was a child. He also has a hold over her. I have never got why he got away with being involved with her underage even if he did later marry her. I never understood why, as an ADULT with a minor the drug charges for him were not more serious. Why has he never been charged for consorting with a minor? Wasn't there more than one minor? (You tell and something bad will happen to those you love.)

I personally think Ron confused Misty to such an extent that she believes she is to blame for the whole thing, (Children blame themselves for abuse,) but is confused because Ron was the real culprit. That might explain the lie detectors. It might also explain a resistance to hypnosis.

Ron is frightened of Misty and those love letters are not love letters at all. It is Misty's way of letting Ron and Theresa know that she still has the hold. OR it is saying "please do not tell on me about what you did. I am still keeping your secret." Only she thinks if she explains that hold to anyone then she will be the one to blame and put others in danger. (Haleigh is dead, but what if there was a threat to other kids?)

I may be wrong and it is just a theory, but I am just thinking of the way a person who sexually abuses a child convinces them they can never tell. They hold that information for years? Now who else was involved in that scenario, if you get the drift? What age were they and who were they? How young did he go?

What grown man would sit in a car and allow an underage child to carry our a drug deal no matter how "old" or in charge they seem?

What if Misty believes her family, who she does love, are going to be harmed if she talks? Misty is not an adult in her thinking. People stop at the age they experience abuse and Misty was abused by others. Emotionally, we cannot expect her to reason like an adult unless she has had a ton of therapy.
What if she thinks something will happen to others if she tells what she knows?

I don't care where Ron was but I suspect he is the one who should be in the frame.

I don't think in or out of jail we will get anything out of Misty unless the court orders some therapy for abuse and she matures to an age where she can become an adult.

I do think the law in Florida is what threw Misty under the bus jail wise but would like to know if there are any others who have similar charges and what happened to them. In many ways Misty going to Juvenile detention and getting some help might have ultimately helped Hailey. She is too old now for that. The trouble is that if she gets out and there was no therapy her fear and her level of thinking may not have evolved.

Misty getting a reduced sentence now, or not, is not going to help unless she is helped in other ways. She will continue to spin stories out of fear. Jail may help her if it also gives her access to the right courses and some therapy. I do not think she killed Haleigh. I think she knows too much and is convinced telling puts others in danger. (Too easy to tell a child that even if I am not around others will do the job for me.)

Which means I do not think Haleigh is alive. I do not now think she is trafficked. I do think if the investigators stopped assuming the players thought like adults they might get further along. Is it worth looking at her stories as a child trying to tell an adult something and adults not picking up on the clues?

I don't know if they have done it, but maybe if LE looked again at the mental age of the people involved? Ron on the 999 call. Kids would have that kind or reaction. NOT an adult. They might crack it if they took it as all the players think like children and not as they do?

Also, has anyone ever tested to see if Misty herself could have pushed back the bolts on the back door of the trailer? I would have thought there would have been a way of testing that.

I think part of the problem with the case is that people are looking at people who may have very child like thinking as if they are thinking like adults.

On the other hand, would children not leave a trail of clues? That would lead back to the stranger and chair in the woods theory.

Perhaps each idea needs to be revisited and examined again step by step. It may be something throws up.

Please delete if inappropriate.

"He said he sent copies of the letter to offices of the state attorney, public defender, attorney general, Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Victims Advocate and a couple of other publications."

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-says-man-accused-killing-cherish-perrywinkle

From this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...013-murdered-by-RSO-3&p=11383365#post11383365

I think this guy must be talking about Haleigh's case!

Good possibility. Of course, it's also a good possibility he's lying too.

Everything I say here is a personal theory and not a fact. I do not know if it is true. Sorry if this sounds a bit muddled.

It just hit me. You lie for someone when your child is missing. You marry them. You do that if they have a hold over you. You do that if they could expose you. (Marry me or I will tell.) Misty has to know something, but it is about Ron. However, she was a child. He also has a hold over her. I have never got why he got away with being involved with her underage even if he did later marry her. I never understood why, as an ADULT with a minor the drug charges for him were not more serious. Why has he never been charged for consorting with a minor? Wasn't there more than one minor? (You tell and something bad will happen to those you love.)

I personally think Ron confused Misty to such an extent that she believes she is to blame for the whole thing, (Children blame themselves for abuse,) but is confused because Ron was the real culprit. That might explain the lie detectors. It might also explain a resistance to hypnosis.

Ron is frightened of Misty and those love letters are not love letters at all. It is Misty's way of letting Ron and Theresa know that she still has the hold. OR it is saying "please do not tell on me about what you did. I am still keeping your secret." Only she thinks if she explains that hold to anyone then she will be the one to blame and put others in danger. (Haleigh is dead, but what if there was a threat to other kids?)

I may be wrong and it is just a theory, but I am just thinking of the way a person who sexually abuses a child convinces them they can never tell. They hold that information for years? Now who else was involved in that scenario, if you get the drift? What age were they and who were they? How young did he go?

What grown man would sit in a car and allow an underage child to carry our a drug deal no matter how "old" or in charge they seem?

What if Misty believes her family, who she does love, are going to be harmed if she talks? Misty is not an adult in her thinking. People stop at the age they experience abuse and Misty was abused by others. Emotionally, we cannot expect her to reason like an adult unless she has had a ton of therapy.
What if she thinks something will happen to others if she tells what she knows?

I don't care where Ron was but I suspect he is the one who should be in the frame.

I don't think in or out of jail we will get anything out of Misty unless the court orders some therapy for abuse and she matures to an age where she can become an adult.

I do think the law in Florida is what threw Misty under the bus jail wise but would like to know if there are any others who have similar charges and what happened to them. In many ways Misty going to Juvenile detention and getting some help might have ultimately helped Hailey. She is too old now for that. The trouble is that if she gets out and there was no therapy her fear and her level of thinking may not have evolved.

Misty getting a reduced sentence now, or not, is not going to help unless she is helped in other ways. She will continue to spin stories out of fear. Jail may help her if it also gives her access to the right courses and some therapy. I do not think she killed Haleigh. I think she knows too much and is convinced telling puts others in danger. (Too easy to tell a child that even if I am not around others will do the job for me.)

Which means I do not think Haleigh is alive. I do not now think she is trafficked. I do think if the investigators stopped assuming the players thought like adults they might get further along. Is it worth looking at her stories as a child trying to tell an adult something and adults not picking up on the clues?

I don't know if they have done it, but maybe if LE looked again at the mental age of the people involved? Ron on the 999 call. Kids would have that kind or reaction. NOT an adult. They might crack it if they took it as all the players think like children and not as they do?

Also, has anyone ever tested to see if Misty herself could have pushed back the bolts on the back door of the trailer? I would have thought there would have been a way of testing that.

I think part of the problem with the case is that people are looking at people who may have very child like thinking as if they are thinking like adults.

On the other hand, would children not leave a trail of clues? That would lead back to the stranger and chair in the woods theory.

Perhaps each idea needs to be revisited and examined again step by step. It may be something throws up.

I will agree with you that Misty is very delayed in her emotional health and her decision making. I think that that is not only possible, but very probable. Having said that, I doubt very much that she is capable of concealing such a crime, you are right she would have left clues. Whatever happened to Haleigh, was clean and potentially didnt even happen in the trailer. There would have been clues. I still think there is a strong possibility that she was abducted, however perhaps with Ron's knowledge. Maybe he owed money....wouldnt be the first nor last time a child was sold for a drug debt. It could and probably would happen while he was at "werk". Especially if that is how it was set up to happen...poor HaLeigh.

Did we ever find out what happened to Ron's friend "Orlando"? Hes another person who just left after Haleigh disappeared.

Good possibility. Of course, it's also a good possibility he's lying too.

I wondered if anyone else thinks he's trying to use this case. The letter to National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is what made me think he must be referring to Haleigh's case. (I think he is most likely lying, too. He has nothing to lose, if you think about it.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back