Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

Rebecca slept in the nude. Perhaps she did not wear underwear on a regular basis. Jonah would have known if she did or not.

IMO, the clothes on the bed were the ones Rebecca wore on that Tuesday.

How do you know "Rebecca slept in the nude"? What's the link to this *alleged fact*?

And now you want us to believe that Rebecca not only "slept in the nude" but that Rebecca was going around town all day long without underwear the entire Tuesday morning till Wednesday when she was found dead? Really?! Because even if we take Ann Rule's account that there was "neatly" stacked clothes on a bed which you are assuming were the clothes Rebecca wore that entire Tues while running & shuffling people about to hospitals, airports and restaurants, etc. to be true, WHERE are her underwear? Those items are not listed in Ann Rule's book or the Gore webpage about the case either.

So you're alleging she not only slept in the nude, but regularly went out and about without any underwear (bra OR panty) on a regular basis throughout her entire life? Or are you implying she only happened to do so that one Tues through Wed morning? And by the way, you know this -- HOW??

Here are two picture of the tree with the thorns. Rebecca would have most definitely impacted it when she fell or jumped, IMO.

Unless someone was shoving Rebecca back and forth a gazillion times aggressively and violently while she was dangling and hanging by a noose, no way no how would she have impacted the plants so much that her back was scratched a gazillion times! Gravity and nature alone would not have her swinging more than I'd say 3-4 times -- this is easily calculated by physics majors which the investigators could have employed.

Also, where are the scratches to her arms since they were alleged to have been tied behind her back while she was hanging? Why are the numerous abrasions *underneath* her arms, and *not* on her arms instead? Strange, huh? Seems to me she got those abrasions BEFORE her hands were tied behind her back!

Here's an experiment. Simulate the alleged crime scene. Throw something about 100 lbs over a balcony railing of that height. And put a cactus tree there underneath. Then see how many times it swings onto the tree and how many scratches it gets. Bet you there'll be very slight if any scratches at all!

Actually, it was off to the side a bit. Was there any blood/skin found on ANY of those thorns? Were the plants even examined for her skin cells? One would hope so, as they feature heavily in ME and police reports regarding how she got so beat up. One would hope that wasn't all just guesswork. Especially in light of the sub-dermal scalp bleeding and clumps of hair in the shower.

Sadly, it appears to all have been pure guesswork on part of the Gore investigators in the Zahau case. Looks like they simply repeated what Adam said and went with it. "Got a girl. Hung herself. The end. Let's just wrap it up."

Ironically and sadly, I can totally see the police saying, "See the abrasions on the girl's back? Well, I see a tree there where that guy said he found her hanging. We didn't actually see her hanging. But hey, that guy who called 911 said she was, so let's run with it. Why waste resources and our time and effort? The rich dude's brother says she hung herself. And he has a high priced lawyer, you know, Pfingst, our buddy was here on the guy's behalf. Let's not get sued. So that must be how it all went down...Oh, there appears to be some thorns on that tree right underneath where the guy said she was hanging. Maybe she was swinging and hit the tree? Yeah, that's it. Let's just wrap it up and say she got those them abrasions on her back from the tree with the thorns. What do you call that tree? Ok. Great. Cactus tree. Sounds good. Let's wrap it up and call it suicide. Case closed."

Conclusion? This so-called investigation into the "violent, suspicious death" of Rebecca was stinking bogus.

There's no mention of the condition of her scalp *above* the four hemorrhage areas, either.

But there *are* clumps of hair in the shower. Were they ever tested for root tags? it's pretty easy to test whether hair fell out or was yanked out. Were those tests conducted? I would hope so, seeing this was (during evidence-gathering) supposedly was a suspicious death.

It's actually pretty difficult to pull out a handful of healthy, firmly rooted hair. It may be possible to yank the hair violently enough to pull it away from the scalp, yet (especially in a well groomed person) not yank out heaps of loose hairs, or enough to cause a visible bald patch. If there was mention of a close examination of the scalp surface for injury, that'd help - but there's no record of the ME even looking.

Hair-pulling or attack to the scalp region might also explain those three vertical scratches on her forehead.

This is why I believe Rebecca was ambushed and attacked in the shower.

The really disturbing part is that the investigators were satisfied with their work or shall I say their selective investigation. It is really sad to think any one of us could be subject to that same incompetency should a tragedy happen in our family. I really hope that this lawsuit will bring about change in the department and a higher authority looks into it. I'm just really incensed at the investigative department. I cannot believe this has happened in the US. It has really colored my vision of fairness and the realities of our injustice system.

Unfortunately this *is* the reality. The wheels of justice spins faster and more fairly for those in the upper echelon in society. For the rest with little to no financial or political power, it's as if they don't really exist -- unless you have Al Sharpton on their side.

Just to be clear. Are you saying LE stated Rebecca's clothes (the ones she wore that day and into the evening) were folded on the bed...and those were the ones that were collected and labeled as such? Do you have a link? TIA

Ah...I see. oops. So Ann Rule stated it, said they were labeled 'as such'. Labeled as exactly what? Such as what? The clothes Rebecca was wearing that day?

BBM

Sooo, Ann said they were 'labeled' as "a pair of blue jeans, a white undershirt, and a black, long-sleeved top" and nothing more. Correct?

I completely agree with you. Ann Rule only said the clothes were "labeled" as "blue jeans...undershirt...top", and she said nothing about these clothes being the clothes Rebecca wore that Tuesday. So we're back to square one. Where exactly were the clothes Rebecca was wearing that day? What happened to them?? If she was assaulted while wearing them, where are they now?

So the answer is "no" isnt it. They did not check the thorns for skin or blood. It was guesswork like so many other pieces of this "investigation." Guest house panties come to mind.

And we know that thorny cactus has been long gone from the Spreckels grounds, IMO lest someone have any evidence left to examine.

Have you seen the investigative files? You must have, because that is the only way you would know if they ckecked the thorn tree for blood. How did you get a copy? Can you link them here? TIA

How do you know "Rebecca slept in the nude"? What's the link to this *alleged fact*?

And now you want us to believe that Rebecca not only "slept in the nude" but that Rebecca was going around town all day long without underwear the entire Tuesday morning till Wednesday when she was found dead? Really?! Because even if we take Ann Rule's account that there was "neatly" stacked clothes on a bed which you are assuming were the clothes Rebecca wore that entire Tues while running & shuffling people about to hospitals, airports and restaurants, etc. to be true, WHERE are her underwear? Those items are not listed in Ann Rule's book or the Gore webpage about the case either.

So you're alleging she not only slept in the nude, but regularly went out and about without any underwear (bra OR panty) on a regular basis throughout her entire life? Or are you implying she only happened to do so that one Tues through Wed morning? And by the way, you know this -- HOW??

Yes, Rebecca slept in the nude:

While it’s unusual for a woman to commit suicide while naked and out in the open, sources said Zahau slept in the nude.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...a-Suicide-Source-128124368.html#ixzz3LWKFEj29

And YES, it is possible she was also in the habit of not wearing underwear or a bra. Some women DON'T.

I completely agree with you. Ann Rule only said the clothes were "labeled" as "blue jeans...undershirt...top", and she said nothing about these clothes being the clothes Rebecca wore that Tuesday. So we're back to square one. Where exactly were the clothes Rebecca was wearing that day? What happened to them?? If she was assaulted while wearing them, where are they now?

How do you know these weren't the clothes Rebecca wore that day? Link please.

How do you know these weren't the clothes Rebecca wore that day? Link please.

Nobody has to prove a NEGATIVE. That's impossible. E.g., can you prove there is no God? You can't, can you?

YOU have to prove a positive.

Nobody has to prove a NEGATIVE. That's impossible. E.g., can you prove there is no God? You can't, can you?

YOU have to prove a positive.

Totally ridiculous arguement. How do you or the Zahaus know those weren't the clothes she wore that day? The Zahaus will certaily have to prove those weren't her clothes in court. If they can.

The bickering and back and forth is getting old, guys. Knock it off.

This is about the trial. Discuss what is happening in the COURT or move on to another case.

Salem

Do the Zahaus know what she was wearing that day to know they are "missing"? The clothes Ann Rule described were small and women's don't forget those little details.

And if she was ambushed in the shower as you speculate, then why are "missing" clothes an issue?

It would be good, solid police work to question all individuals that last saw what Rebecca wore, collect that clothing and test it for DNA. This would be a basic investigatory technique in what the investigators themselves described as a violent death. What comes of that testing would then be added to the entire picture of deciding what really happened.
Do the Zahaus know what she was wearing that day to know they are "missing"? The clothes Ann Rule described were small and women's don't forget those little details.

And if she was ambushed in the shower as you speculate, then why are "missing" clothes an issue?

If those are indeed the clothes Rebecca wore, it is possible that her younger sister could identify them as such. If not, then surely testing would show the sister's DNA to be on the shirt at least.

Because they would certainly have hugged goodbye at the airport. If those clothes don't have XZ's DNA on them, then the clothes Rebecca wore on the last day of her life are missing...

(And the clothes from the previous day would have Nina's DNA on them, because Rebecca hugged Nina at the airport when she picked her up.)

Yes, Rebecca slept in the nude:

While it’s unusual for a woman to commit suicide while naked and out in the open, sources said Zahau slept in the nude.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...a-Suicide-Source-128124368.html#ixzz3LWKFEj29

And YES, it is possible she was also in the habit of not wearing underwear or a bra. Some women DON'T.

So what? So no panties either? Just because some anonymous 'source' on a news story states something doesn't make it proof. Perhaps this 'source' was Dina herself who claimed to know Rebecca well. What then? You believe every single 'source' quoted in news stories without question? Really? There's a comment from a local underneath the news story you cite. This commentator states that "sources said Rebecca was FAR TOO MODEST to sleep in the nude" and that that statement in the story was distorted and altered to say she did. Who to believe? Both unnamed, anonymous sources. I'd say believe neither. Unless we have *direct physical evidence* I'm going to say we have NO IDEA whether or not Rebecca slept in the nude.

Note however, NO SOURCE, unnamed or otherwise, ever stated that Rebecca ran about without a bra and panty DURING THE DAY. So I'm going to opine objectively that she wore undies during the day.

If those are indeed the clothes Rebecca wore, it is possible that her younger sister could identify them as such. If not, then surely testing would show the sister's DNA to be on the shirt at least.

Because they would certainly have hugged goodbye at the airport. If those clothes don't have XZ's DNA on them, then the clothes Rebecca wore on the last day of her life are missing...

(And the clothes from the previous day would have Nina's DNA on them, because Rebecca hugged Nina at the airport when she picked her up.)

Excellent analysis! Maybe the police can still test the unidentified "clothes" that Ann Rule wrote about in her storybook.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back