MO - Michael Brown's stepfather being investigated for inciting riot

And just what would that change be? More irresponsible criminal actions going unpunished? More <mod snip> allowed to freely loot and riot? Oh joy. Can't wait.

Not interested in getting into this conversation on here again. But I will answer the question. The change that is coming will be a society of people who have compassion for one another regardless of color, ethnicity, language, religion, or "how one chooses to wear their pants". A society that realizes what we are here to accomplish, and the only way to accomplish it starts with the truth. What is the truth? The truth is that we have got to find a way love each other. From the worst of the worst to the saints among us. If one human commits an unfathomable crime, we are all to blame.
<mod snip>

I think some American's associate pants down as the person being proud of their criminal background.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sagging

Lambie, respectfully, that is a load of crap. Urban dictionary? Really? How one chooses to wear their pants is no different than how one chooses to cut their hair, or shave their beard, or pierce their ears, or get a tattoo, or wear a hat sideways or choose not to wear a can of pepper spray because it it too uncomfortable ;)

It is about, style, fashion and comfort. No reasonable person assumes one to be a criminal because of how they wear their pants. That is ridiculous.

Lambie, respectfully, that is a load of crap. Urban dictionary? Really? How one chooses to wear their pants is no different than how one chooses to cut their hair, or shave their beard, or pierce their ears, or get a tattoo, or wear a hat sideways or choose not to wear a can of pepper spray because it it too uncomfortable ;)

It is about, style, fashion and comfort. No reasonable person assumes one to be a criminal because of how they wear their pants. That is ridiculous.

That is what is in the dictionary. So now we need to move on because this has been off topic since we stop referring to LH.

Not interested in getting into this conversation on here again. But I will answer the question. The change that is coming will be a society of people who have compassion for one another regardless of color, ethnicity, language, religion, or "how one chooses to wear their pants". A society that realizes what we are here to accomplish, and the only way to accomplish it starts with the truth. What is the truth? The truth is that we have got to find a way love each other. From the worst of the worst to the saints among us. If one human commits an unfathomable crime, we are all to blame.
Please, stop with the judgements of other people and worry about yourself.

Such compassion MB showed for the shop keeper, and for OW. I love the new compassion of lighting stores on fire, demanding towns burn because we didnt get our way. What better way than looting to show that you care for people. How compassionate of LH to demand the town burn.

Sorry but if as you say " If one human commits an unfathomable crime, we are all to blame", then spare me this change. I am NOT responsible for anyone elses criminal behavior. I am responsible for my own behavior and to some extent for the children I raised. I'm not responible for someone I never met or who did stuff before i was even born.

Ah, but whatever. It's not even worth getting into. We obviously live in different worlds. Sorry your world is so bad that looting, setting innocent people's business on fire and wearing pants down is an improvement. In mine, blacks and whites are getting along just fine. Cops are not beating people, they are family and friends. Go change your world but mine is fine thanks. That sentiment comes from both the blacks and whites in our community as we watch the fiasco going on and wonder why everyone can't just be like we are. Ferguson isn't even a blip on our radar here.

Please, stop with the judgements of other people and worry about yourself.

I certainly hope so. This ALL has to stop.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/police_arrest_man_in_shooting.html#incart_2box

Such compassion MB showed for the shop keeper, and for OW. I love the new compassion of lighting stores on fire, demanding towns burn because we didnt get our way. What better way than looting to show that you care for people. How compassionate of LH to demand the town burn.

Sorry but if as you say " If one human commits an unfathomable crime, we are all to blame", then spare me this change. I am NOT responsible for anyone elses criminal behavior. I am responsible for my own behavior and to some extent for the children I raised. I'm not responible for someone I never met or who did stuff before i was even born.

Ah, but whatever. It's not even worth getting into. We obviously live in different worlds. Sorry your world is so bad that looting, setting innocent people's business on fire and wearing pants down is an improvement. In mine, blacks and whites are getting along just fine. Cops are not beating people, they are family and friends. Go change your world but mine is fine thanks. That sentiment comes from both the blacks and whites in our community as we watch the fiasco going on and wonder why everyone can't just be like we are. Ferguson isn't even a blip on our radar here.

To whom are you directing your anger in this post? Is it to me specifically? Or a community of people? I was talking about a solution. Ways we can get better by what's going on in the world right now.

I wonder when the <mod snip> are going to be held to the same standards as the rest of us. I haven't heard anything new about Head, has anyone else?

I guess we will have to lower our standards in order to have a more peaceful, loving world.

Putting compassion so far above personal responsibility is the maladaptive mindset that too many parents and society have embraced, making them enablers of a multi-generational cycle of violence and dependence.

That heartbreaking cycle won't end, and true empowerment can't begin, until teaching personal responsibility and respect for facts becomes at least as important as soothing "feelings."

People who refuse to demand that Head and others be held responsible for their various victimizations of innocents, are mis-directing their "compassion" so horribly, it makes them complicit in the violence. That's not a mindset shared by "all" of society.

"Individual think" > "Group think"

Sent from Tapatalk

<mod snip>

See, this is where I think we differ. I don't see a world where we don't love each other.... I see people crying foul over being held accountable for their own behavior. It's the BEHAVIOR not the color, ethnicity, language, religion - which people are not getting. We are ALL responsible for OUR OWN behavior. When one breaks the law, they should be held accountable. Otherwise, we might as well be a lawless society and let the free for all begin!

<mod snip>
what happened to personal responsibility in your utopia ?

Putting compassion so far above personal responsibility is the maladaptive mindset that too many parents and society have embraced, making them enablers of a multi-generational cycle of violence and dependence.

That heartbreaking cycle won't end, and true empowerment can't begin, until teaching personal responsibility and respect for facts becomes at least as important as soothing "feelings."

People who refuse to demand that Head and others be held responsible for their various victimizations of innocents, are mis-directing their "compassion" so horribly, it makes them complicit in the violence. That's not a mindset shared by "all" of society.

Sent from Tapatalk

Very well said, thank you!

Ugh yeah .. he incited a riot going by that video .. not only did he call out 'Burn this b**** down!!' from the top of the car, but running into the crowd yelling it as he went started everyone else off and running ..

Since when does being emotional give someone the right to break the law? I'd say feeling emotional is behind a lot of crime, doesn't make the person who does it any less culpable.

In our justice system, crimes committed in the heat of the moment are punished less severely than those that are premeditated. That's the line between, say, first or second degree murder and voluntary manslaughter. Emotions impair the ability to make rational decisions even in the best of people.

In our justice system, crimes committed in the heat of the moment are punished less severely than those that are premeditated. That's the line between, say, first or second degree murder and voluntary manslaughter. Emotions impair the ability to make rational decisions even in the best of people.

Well that's a shame, since the majority of us who work and support those who act on "emotions" are being doubly penalized. We not only pay their way, now we have to cater to their emotions. What's wrong with this picture?

My opinion, of course

Season greetings to all. Only 10 looting days until Christmas.

Sent from Tapatalk

Lot of gobbledygook in there, but I think I disagree. Compassion comes first, before personal responsibility , because if you do not have compassion for yourself or others, any "personal responsibility" you portray won't be genuine. But regardless, we agree that they are both important. I just wish people could see that we need to stop condemning others and worrying about making ourselves better. You are right, this society is clearly lacking in "personal responsibility" , but it sure as heck isn't limited to a particular race or even socioeconomic status. That is a Western human problem.

See, this is where I think we differ. I don't see a world where we don't love each other.... I see people crying foul over being held accountable for their own behavior. It's the BEHAVIOR not the color, ethnicity, language, religion - which people are not getting. We are ALL responsible for OUR OWN behavior. When one breaks the law, they should be held accountable. Otherwise, we might as well be a lawless society and let the free for all begin!

I don't disagree with that. At all.
What I disagree with is when assumptions are made that because of the color of my skin or who I worship or how I wear my pants. Assumptions that black and poor means criminal? That low hanging pants means criminal, that how I talk means criminal. We live in a biased world, and if you don't see that it is because you haven't experienced it. As you said, BEHAVIOR is what people are not getting. That's the problem, people aren't being judged on their behaviour, they are being judged on HOW THEY LOOK. That is what has to stop.

From the above link:

He marveled how such a mark of s
hame became a fashion statement.

A mark of shame becoming fashionable says it all. It explains a lot.

That is what is in the dictionary. So now we need to move on because this has been off topic since we stop referring to LH.

Actually Lambie, now that I have taken the time to read your urban dictionary link, I realize it actually supports my viewpoint, there is nothing in there that says wearing pants sagging makes anyone think criminal. But I digress because urban dictionary is a joke if you are using it as reference material.

Sent from Tapatalk

:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member