Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please continue posting here ;) and keep on topic. Any personal posting can be done on the Sidebar. This thread is specifically for the retrial tweets and information plus any discussions about what is happening in court today.

:menorah:

From YesorNo post on the sidebar.

Just FYI:

*1/5/2015- 9:30- Oral Argument on News Organizations Request for Order
Unsealing Transcript

* 1/23/2015 - 13:30 - Status Conference

* 2/6/2015 - 13:30 - Oral Argument

Why is the judge procrastinating? She already has the OK to release the witnesses testimony, so just do for Pete's sake.

So Judge set a hearing to unseal the transcript (from reporters motion) for January (links in previous thread)? We won't be seeing that transcript anytime soon, will we?

So Judge set a hearing to unseal the transcript (from reporters motion) for January (links in previous thread)? We won't be seeing that transcript anytime soon, will we?

Doesn't appear we will. Would of been some interesting reading over this break we have until Jan. 5th.

From YesorNo post on the sidebar.

Just FYI:

*1/5/2015- 9:30- Oral Argument on News Organizations Request for Order
Unsealing Transcript

Why is the judge procrastinating? She already has the OK to release the witnesses testimony, so just do for Pete's sake.

The BBM one should read:
*1/5/2015- 9:30- Oral Argument on Whether to Continue to
Ignore Court of Appeals Order to Unseal Transcript

What the heck does she think? That unsealing it involves taking it out of its envelope but leaving it locked in the same file cabinet?

Good Morning all. Every time I try and give the Judge the benefit of the doubt something like this happens that makes me go :gaah:

I hope we hear from Juan today. I don't think I can take another full day of Geffner going on and on about sweet, vulnerable, nonviolent Jodi. :scared:

Good Morning all. Every time I try and give the Judge the benefit of the doubt something like this happens that makes me go :gaah:

I hope we hear from Juan today. I don't think I can take another full day of Geffner going on and on about sweet, vulnerable, nonviolent Jodi. :scared:

All we will hear from Juan today is: "Objection."

What's the jury schedule for the rest of the year?

Thank you to everyone for keeping up with the courtroom tweets and for posting discussion on the case. All are very much appreciated.
Having Dr. G. go through Jodi's journal was a big mistake IMO. From my own experiences it makes me believe even more that she deserves the death penalty. I can't get it out of my mind that I believe Travis would of made a great husband and father. She had no right to take that away from Travis or his family.
My stepson was a player before he married and now has children of his own. At first I thought it was so wrong, but as time passed I realized he always honest with the girls and let them know they were not his future. He always told them they were not the only one he was seeing and that they were free to see other guys too. Honesty is what IMO is what made it right. From Jodi's diary and texts (I also think that they were staged, but have some truth in them) she let's it be known that he told her to date other, what she left out is that if he tells her to dated others I'm sure he also told her he was dating others. She signed one of her long e-mails with the term friend in it. She says at another time that marriage was not in the future. On and on. I believe Travis was very honest with her about their friends with benefit arrangement. Jodi is the one that lied and said she was fine with it. IMO she lied because she knew the score and chose to stay with Travis on the friends with benefits in the hopes of wearing Travis down so he would marry her. When that didn't work she killed him.
Travis was HONEST with her and that lays the blame on Jodi for not being honest with Travis or herself.
I see my stepson today and the wonderful husband and father he is. Travis was a good man and deserved a future. A future of him being faithful and loyal to the one he chose for his wife. He deserved to become a good father to his future children.
Jodi deserves the death penalty.

Have any of the tweeters mentioned Steven lately? I thought recently they said he had left the courtroom and was really struggling. Is he back with Sam and Tanisha?

Have any of the tweeters mentioned Steven lately? I thought recently they said he had left the courtroom and was really struggling. Is he back with Sam and Tanisha?

I haven't seen any mention of him from the reporters in the courtroom I'm following. :(

What's the jury schedule for the rest of the year?

I don't understand why today is the last trial day for the year. Surely the Judge could have squeezed in a few more days of testimony before the holidays. Trial will resume on the 5th of January. If Arias gets life then we'll have preparations for sentencing day as well. I don't think she'll go off to prison before April 2015.

Oral argument scheduled for February 6? Hopefully that is a typo and Jan 6 is what's meant? Or has JSS already conceded that the trial will still be in full swing through February? Whatever happened to her resolve to at least set a deadline, even if there is no hope she'll bother to enforce it?

I am wondering if that is why the hours for actual trial has been increased yesterday? She knows the transcripts are going to be released and maybe she told the DT look they are releasing them if you keep dragging this out they will be out before this is finished. Either mover quicker or deal with it.

Oral argument scheduled for February 6? Hopefully that is a typo and Jan 6 is what's meant? Or has JSS already conceded that the trial will still be in full swing through February? Whatever happened to her resolve to at least set a deadline, even if there is no hope she'll bother to enforce it?
No way is this trial complete before summer.

I only lasted half-way through yesterday and have just caught up. Reading the diaries could be the most counter-productive thing JW is doing. As I "hear" the tweets and their good quotes, I am still amazed that the defense believes they are honest entries. There is so much in there about a total obsession with Travis.

As pointed out by a poster above, Travis laid out the terms of the relationship from his perspective very clearly. He didn't want to marry her, she wasn't what he was looking for in a wife. She in no way fit in with his vision for his future.

She, in her defense (mitigation?) is submissive and agrees. In reality, she doesn't see anything in her life but marriage to Travis. By "debasing" herself due to her "low self esteem," she is really playing Travis like a fine fiddle. She seems to believe that by luring him in with free-for-all sex, she will capture his ring and his heart.

She was wrong. So, slaughter him and move on. As for moving on, Jodi also showed a clear pattern of behavior. After the break-up with Bobby, she intruded into his life until she met his roommate Matt. Once she and Matt connected, she let Bobby go. When there was a break-up with Matt, she continued haunting him until she met Darryl. Then, she cut Matt loose. She didn't desert Darryl until she met Travis. Then, she did the same with Ryan Burns when she knew she was losing Travis. She always had someone waiting in the wings. She was never without "possibilities" boy-friend wise.

IMHO, she saw Travis as the good-looking money-bucket with whom she could share her kinky sex proclivities.

Add in that BPD and it's boiled bunny time.

I hope to hang in longer today!

I don't understand why today is the last trial day for the year. Surely the Judge could have squeezed in a few more days of testimony before the holidays. Trial will resume on the 5th of January. If Arias gets life then we'll have preparations for sentencing day as well. I don't think she'll go off to prison before April 2015.

And today, December 18th is the day this trial was supposed to be over.

I also think it is quite a contrast between telling Darryl "no" and Travis "yes" when the point was to save herself for marriage, her words. If she was intimate with Travis right away, as she claims, she basically had already decided this relationship would end up in marriage or why else would she have given into him. JA had no problems saying "no" to Darryl. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk