Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 12m 12 minutes ago

Jury taking mid morning break. Nothing yet. #Magnotta

The longer this jury deliberates, the more I think they will come back with a not criminally responsible verdict.
They saw that gruesome video, where everything was very planned to have the biggest impact of gore, not voices in that disgusting hair transplanted head of his.

Every step was very well calculated and thought out.

And if this disgusting little freak ever sees the light of day it will be a travesty of justice.

Remember, the jury has to be unanimous. I find it highly doubtful that most of them are thinking NCR. I would guess that there be maybe one or two jurors that are undecided.

Sidhartha Banerjee ‏@sidhartha_b 18m18 minutes ago

Meanwhile, #Magnotta jury takes a morning breather. We're into Day Three of deliberations.

Justin Hayward ‏@HaywardCBC 18m18 minutes ago

Some of the journalists waiting for a verdict in #Magnotta are so bored they're sitting in on other cases they're not even covering.

I am thinking that the jury is currently NOT unanimous.
Unfortunately, there is a stigma around mental illness (and personality disorders). Many people tend to think that people who suffer mental illness are "crazy", and people who do horrible things are mentally ill. This results in too many people not seeking help. Sadly, this trial is doing nothing to help this stigma, and based on some of the things Leclair has said, about how his client must be mentally ill because only a mentally ill person could do what Magnotta did is only perpetuating this stigma. I can see the jurors being conflicted because of this.

And I shall continue sitting here, shaking my head and rolling my eyes, quietly and impatiently waiting.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1h 1 hour ago

Break over. Jury should be back deliberating. #Magnotta

I agree completely with BorgQueen about the unanimous part of the decision. I also think that many (most?????) people do not understand personality disorders. MANY people with personality disorders lead perfectly normal lives and know right from wrong. A friend of mine has been diagnosed with personality disorder and has been treated at Toronto's CAMH. But she lives a wonderfully normal life - owns her own home, pays her bills on time, pays taxes, takes care of herself, etc. Her "personality disorder" is that she is somewhat paranoid when meeting new people. Once she gets to know the new people, she's fine.

That's one simple example of the term "personality disorder".

I'm rambling......I'm so nervous awaiting the verdict........oh dear.......:scared:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 10m 10 minutes ago

Jury taking break for lunch. No verdict yet. #Magnotta

​Firstly, I'd like to thank all of my fellow sleuthers here. Both admins, seasoned ones and fresh arrivals.

I honestly don't remember how I found websleuths.com, but this LRM case here made headlines online (even here in Denmark), I stumbled across it and began following it out of sheer curiosity and interest. I am an Internet user since before it was officially "invented"... and until I found this forum here, I was completely unaware that good people actually collaborate and help each other get to grips with criminal cases, and even solving them, to the extent that you all do.

Needless to say, I am extremely grateful for being allowed in, and able to follow this and other cases in this forum.

Websleuths.com has been my only source of reference since I discovered it.
IMO that goes to show what a huge value this forum has - in diversity of opinions, new and unknown sources of information, extensive linking, anything and everything offered up for evaluation, and comments by so many excellent commenters and posters. I have been quite opinionated from the get go regarding this particular case. I won't delve into that, I write that off to a well-developed gut feeling (IMHO). Intuition... experience (bad and good)... it can be many things. What ever I posted, I did so because I am like that. My first impressions rarely decieve me.

I have been surprised, shaken and brought to doubt though, by many of your postings, fellow sleuthers. I credit you for that, and I thank you for that. I live alone, and I am quite often convinced that my opinion is truth. No one here tells me otherwise, lol. Turns out, the doubt is often beneficial... if for no other reason, then for reassessing what I immediately formed an opinion upon. And I find that input immensely valuable.

So thank you all. What ever verdict is passed here, you have all enriched my life, helped me understand, given me reason to think again, and doubt my own otherwise steadfast opinions.

Just wanted to put this in here. I have been unable to be in here very openly lately, and I owe a lot of postings a "Thanks" by now. So consider this a "Mass Thank You".
It is meant quite sincerely.

What a lovely post. Thank YOU Dane, for being here with us to bear witness for justice in this terrible crime against another human being. Hope to see you on another case once this one finally comes to a close.

And I'll take this opportunity to also thank all the wonderful posters on these threads who have clarified so much for me since I started following the trial and have voiced their opinions on all matters related to this case. I think we all have the same affection for Jun Lin and all victims who so very unfortunately perpetuate this forum.

:grouphug:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 15m 15 minutes ago

Lunch break over. Jury back deliberating. #Magnotta

Breakfast Television ‏@BTMontreal 26m26 minutes ago

#Magnotta jury has returned from lunch. Deliberations resume so far there is no sign of a verdict.

**Are we in for a very long haul?**

Interesting:

Evidence of Knowledge of Wrongfulness

Efforts to avoid detection
- wearing gloves during crime
- waiting until dark
- taking victim to an isolated place
- wearing mask or disguise
- concealment of a weapon on way to crime
- falsifying documents (passport, firearm permit)
- giving a false name
- threatening to kill witnesses if they report to police
- giving a false alibi
Disposing of evidence
- wiping off fingerprints
- washing off blood
- discarding of murder weapon
- burying a murder victim secretly
- destroying incriminating documents
Efforts to avoid detection
- fleeing from the crime scene
- fleeing from the police
- lying to the police
Statement by the defendant that he or she knew the act was wrong at the time of the offense
Notifying the police that a crime was committed
Expression of remorse or guilt after the crime committed
Absence of hallucinations or delusions suggesting that the offence was justified

I'm sorry, I am posting like a mad woman - I am so on edge. I think I shall go walk the dog!

Oh my god, this entire thing sums up his crime haha. It's almost as if he went through a guideline.

I'm going to assume that there are only one or two jurors that are unsure. I really hope that the majority of the vote is guilty.
I wonder if they ever tried to get Derrick Mackinnon to testify. He played the killer in Terror Train and was invited by Magnotta to "watch movies" the same night that Lin was killed (he also lived in that apartment building). I also wonder if they tried getting Destiney St. Denis to testify, since he was in contact with her while on the run.

I also really hope that they release a picture of fat Magnotta once the trial is over. I need something to laugh at.

What time do they deliberate to?
And what happens if they cannot come to a unanimous decision?

What time do they deliberate to?
And what happens if they cannot come to a unanimous decision?

They were instructed to deliberate from 9 am to 5 pm daily.

If they cannot reach a unanimous decision, it's a hung jury. It's called a mistrial. Then.......they have to begin all over again.......new jurors, new trial. New everything!

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 4m 4 minutes ago

Jury taking afternoon break from deliberations. Still nothing. #Magnotta

Justin Hayward ‏@HaywardCBC 25m25 minutes ago

If the #Magnotta jury wraps in an hour and a half (17h00) we'll have nothing today. If they decide to go late, it could mean they are close.

It's now almost 4:45 pm in Montreal. Are the jury going to go late? If so, what can we glean from that?

:thinking:

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 1m1 minute ago
Okay, the #Magnotta jury has left for the day. 3rd day of deliberations are done with no verdict. #cbcmtl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021