Holly Bobo Case Status Hearings, 12/17/2014

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 12m12 minutes ago
Expert on current fiasco surrounding #HollyBobo DA Matt Stowe and TBI "Someone could get away with murder" @NC5 pic.twitter.com/LQxaUBlUw1

View attachment 65905 View attachment 65906

If Stowe can back up what he supposedly knows, I hope he has all the support he can get.

If I were the Bobo family I would be sitting in the Governor and Attorney General's office tomorrow morning getting some action and answers before any real harm is done.

JMO

Chris Davis Reporter ‏@ChrisDavisMMJ · 15m15 minutes ago
BREAKING: The TBI will resume activities in the 24th Judicial District. That includes the Holly Bobo murder case. #NC5

Rudy Williams ‏@local24rudy · 6m6 minutes ago
Decatur County Attorney Gen. Matt Stowe requests special prosecution for 3 defendants in Holly Bobo case. @LocalMemphis

WNWS-FM ‏@NewsTalk1015FM · 3m3 minutes ago
BREAKING: District Attorney to request special prosecutor in Holly Bobo case: http://bit.ly/1JbVZPA

Special Prosecutor Requested in Holly Bobo Case

NASHVILLE – As a result of thorough conversations today, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has resumed its activities in the 24th Judicial District, as its District Attorney General has requested a special prosecutor to handle the Holly Bobo case in his place.

more...

http://point5digital.com/tn/brownsv...special-prosecutor-requested-holly-bobo-case/

From the link above

In conjunction with the resolution of these issues, District Attorney General Matthew Stowe has submitted a request to the Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference for the appointment of a pro tem to proceed with the prosecution of the three defendants charged in the Holly Bobo case.

http://point5digital.com/tn/brownsv...special-prosecutor-requested-holly-bobo-case/

pro tem

temporarily or for the time being

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/pro+tem

another hmmm...

I'm afraid that this case is in trouble. Stowe seemed to be the most pro-active person involved. Since he came on, Holly's remains were found and suspects arrested and pursued. I'm worried that things are going to stall in the progress of justice for Holly.

2010 Tennessee Code
Title 8 - Public Officers And Employees
Chapter 7 - District Attorneys General
Part 1 - General Provisions
8-7-106 - District attorney general pro tem Attorney acting for district attorney general

Part 1 - General Provisions
8-7-106 - District attorney general pro tem Attorney acting for district attorney general.

8-7-106. District attorney general pro tem Attorney acting for district attorney general.

(a) If the district attorney general fails to attend the circuit or criminal court, or is disqualified from acting, or if there is a vacancy in the office, the court shall appoint some other attorney to supply such district attorney general's place temporarily. The acts of such district attorney general pro tem shall be as valid as if done by the regular officer, and the district attorney general pro tem shall be entitled to the same privileges, and emoluments.

more
http://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-8/chapter-7/part-1/8-7-106

Just had a thought. How long to bring the new prosecutor up to speed? Hopefully, it's already one Stowe chose for his team.

gah, I don't like not knowing what's going on when a DA talks about shady deals in local and federal arenas, TBI quits a district & now Stowe is stepping down/back. hmmm

I'm afraid that this case is in trouble. Stowe seemed to be the most pro-active person involved. Since he came on, Holly's remains were found and suspects arrested and pursued. I'm worried that things are going to stall in the progress of justice for Holly.

1 suspect (Dylan) was arrested since he took over the DA's office. All of the other suspects were arrested prior to him becoming DA. The only people that deserve any credit for finding Holly's remains are the ginseng hunters.

1 suspect (Dylan) was arrested since he took over the DA's office. All of the other suspects were arrested prior to him becoming DA. The only people that deserve any credit for finding Holly's remains are the ginseng hunters.

I think Dylan is an important one though. And yes, it was probably just coincidence that Holly was found when she was...but oh what a wonderful coincidence. I really admire someone who grabs the bull by the horns! Stowe seems aggressive and I think this case needs that. Of course, I haven't cared for TBI from the start so maybe my feelings are tainted by the early days...when the search was called off at Easter and the case fell by the wayside, my heart sank. And TBI gave us nothing. Ever.

I think Dylan is an important one though. And yes, it was probably just coincidence that Holly was found when she was...but oh what a wonderful coincidence. I really admire someone who grabs the bull by the horns! Stowe seems aggressive and I think this case needs that. Of course, I haven't cared for TBI from the start so maybe my feelings are tainted by the early days...when the search was called off at Easter and the case fell by the wayside, my heart sank. And TBI gave us nothing. Ever.

Can you please explain how the TBI screwed up the investigation? I asked this earlier today but nobody gave a response. Thanks in advance.

This case seems like a hot mess right now. I hope things can get back on track. But with so much public infighting btweeen the DA and the TBI...who knows?

Can you please explain how the TBI screwed up the investigation? I asked this earlier today but nobody gave a response. Thanks in advance.

It is challenging to explain in a simple post but I will try to take it on. First, the case took 3 years for even one arrest to be made. TBI had to know the names involved in this murder, since locals have been talking about these very suspects since the first days of Holly's disappearance. All of these men are career criminals. How ZA was even out of jail to commit this crime against Holly is a mystery to me.

TBI also refused to clear any person of the crime, including Holly's own grieving family. This was a big flaw since it cost the family much added pain due to rampant suspicion of Holly's brother. If Holly's disappearance hadn't ruined his life, then the ensuing questioning of his guilt did the job.

TBI never released ANY info about the 911 calls. We believe there were 3 calls made by different individuals but we have never heard them. They refused to give a helpful timeline in the case. They refused to tell the public any information about the days leading up to Holly's abduction. They would not tell about any of the items they had located in the early days. Heck, it took me over a year to figure out which part of the woods Holly was taken to by the suspect.

TBI did not communicate with Holly's family...the family had very little idea what was happening in the investigation.
There are many other complaints against the TBI. The cases they handle always seem to go awry and their public relations department is severely lacking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe to burn the TBI's integrity publicly would not only put this case in question but also others from the past too. I am afraid Stowe is putting distance from himself and what he fears may be coming inevitably. Something in the Holly Bobo case seems to have made his hair stand up.

JMO's

Whatever it is, it's interesting for sure. Just searching via google for any corruption in TN is alarming. Top to bottom. Sadly.

I've lived elsewhere and in AZ, not surprised, but extremely disappointed.

jmo

TBI resumes role investigating Holly Bobo case

December 18th, 2014

"Obviously the DA's independently elected and the TBI is an agency of ours that we feel like has been real effective, and they should continue to do that," Haslam said.

"The right thing is always to make certain that the TBI is providing service everywhere they can to local law enforcement as well as (to) prosecutorial authority," he said.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...es-role-investigating-holly-bobo-case/278895/

more at link...

hmmm elected vs. we feel like they have been effective...what the heck is going on in TN. Must ask my brother in the morning!

You are crooked,

no we aren't but we aren't going to help you anymore and we have power, especially press wise.

I'm sorry x2, let's all meet.

All is well, we will protect your counties.

Me, I want out of here, I pick blank to head Holly's investigation...

oy vey, oy vey.

It is challenging to explain in a simple post but I will try to take it on. First, the case took 3 years for even one arrest to be made. TBI had to know the names involved in this murder, since locals have been talking about these very suspects since the first days of Holly's disappearance. All of these men are career criminals. How ZA was even out of jail to commit this crime against Holly is a mystery to me.

TBI also refused to clear any person of the crime, including Holly's own grieving family. This was a big flaw since it cost the family much added pain due to rampant suspicion of Holly's brother. If Holly's disappearance hadn't ruined his life, then the ensuing questioning of his guilt did the job.

TBI never released ANY info about the 911 calls. We believe there were 3 calls made by different individuals but we have never heard them. They refused to give a helpful timeline in the case. They refused to tell the public any information about the days leading up to Holly's abduction. They would not tell about any of the items they had located in the early days. Heck, it took me over a year to figure out which part of the woods Holly was taken to by the suspect.

TBI did not communicate with Holly's family...the family had very little idea what was happening in the investigation.
There are many other complaints against the TBI. The cases they handle always seem to go awry and their public relations department is severely lacking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for this breakdown! While all of the things you mentioned are troubling, they make the TBI out to have poor public relations more so than them being poor investigators. You mentioned their PR dept. is lacking, and I couldn't agree more with that. However, none of the things you mentioned would jeopardize a case IMO.

There are plenty of cases where the guilty party is known and walks free for years because of a lack evidence. TBI's nondisclosure on just about everything in the case leads me to believe there's plenty we don't know yet. They might have a perfectly reasonable explanation for waiting for so long before making arrests. Holding off on the arrests might even end up being for the better because the remains are now found and they may have game changing evidence to use at trial now.

Thanks to everyone who transcribed the proceedings today. Also, many thanks to those who posted the tweets concerning the hearings. You guys rock!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back