Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 30m 30 minutes ago

#Magnotta: Deliberations over for the day. Still no verdict. Jury back tomorrow for Day Four. #CJAD

If they cannot reach a unanimous decision, it's a hung jury. It's called a mistrial. Then.......they have to begin all over again.......new jurors, new trial. New everything!

nooooooo_elf.gif

HE AVOIDED TESTIFYING:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/12/18/magnotta-right-to-avoid-testifying-experts

MONTREAL - Luka Magnotta likely made a good move by refusing to testify at his murder trial, legal experts say.

The former *advertiser censored* actor, charged with killing and dismembering a Chinese student, let his confessions to defence psychiatrists do the talking.

A jury will decide whether to accept Magnotta's claim that voices and a "weird" energy made him kill Lin.

:jail::jail::jail:

Obviously there are some holdouts on either side. I'd rather have a hung jury and redo this than for him to get a NCR verdict. In fact, if they do return a NCR verdict, the Crown will probably appeal and there will be a new trial anyway. I think one or more jurors are confused by the personality order being a mental illness. They don't seem to understand that just because he may have one, does not mean that it prevented him from knowing what he was doing and that it was wrong.

Someone needs to slip that list under the door in the deliberation room. ;)

MOO

I definitely agree with preferring a mistrial over an NCR verdict. If either happens, we're just going to end up with a new trial anyways, because there's no way that the crown will let NCR slide. I don't think will appeal, though. If he has to go through this again, he himself will end up in a mental health facility lol.

If I had my way, LRM will be put away indefinitely. No parole, nada, Indefinitely, as in until he drops dead from old age. Or over-eating.

psych1.gif

Under the watchful eye of a Nurse Ratched or the like.
Mwaahhhaaaaahaaaaa lol

With Christmas coming soon, I hope they don't make a big mistake just to be done.

If I had my way, LRM will be put away indefinitely. No parole, nada, Indefinitely, as in until he drops dead from old age. Or over-eating.

View attachment 65941

Under the watchful eye of a Nurse Ratched or the like.
Mwaahhhaaaaahaaaaa lol

That's actually a good point. If NCR, the could conceivably lock him up forever. If not, he's out in 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1h 1 hour ago

#Magnotta Day Four of deliberations begins now. #CJAD

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1h 1 hour ago

Jury has begun deliberations for a 4th day. #Magnotta #CJAD

QUESTION/COMMENT:

IF no verdict is reached by the end of today, am I correct in thinking that the sequestered jury will deliberate on Saturday & Sunday?

Thanks......:)

--------------------------------------------

ETA:

Sidhartha Banerjee ‏@sidhartha_b 1h1 hour ago

Four days for #Magnotta jury is not so outlandish, for those asking. In another case at the Montreal courthouse, jury is into Day 18.

I was taught that Saint Augustine is the patron saint of PATIENCE! I need him now!! Badly!! :lol:

That's actually a good point. If NCR, the could conceivably lock him up forever. If not, he's out in 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well not exactly, he's up for parole in 25 years. Pretty sure he'd never get parole.

MOO

QUESTION/COMMENT:

IF no verdict is reached by the end of today, am I correct in thinking that the sequestered jury will deliberate on Saturday & Sunday?

Thanks......:)

--------------------------------------------

ETA:

Sidhartha Banerjee ‏@sidhartha_b 1h1 hour ago

Four days for #Magnotta jury is not so outlandish, for those asking. In another case at the Montreal courthouse, jury is into Day 18.

I was taught that Saint Augustine is the patron saint of PATIENCE! I need him now!! Badly!! :lol:

Good question. Since they are sequestered I can't see any reason why they wouldn't. :dunno:

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 30m30 minutes ago
Lunch break for jury. #Magnotta

Well not exactly, he's up for parole in 25 years. Pretty sure he'd never get parole.

MOO

True! Paul Bernardo and Clifford Olsen asked for parole and were both told a resounding NO!

-------------------------

ETA:

And about NCR - cop killer Richard Kachkar got NCR and his poor wife has to show up every two years for his hearing to be let back into the public. Do we want Jun Lin's parents to face that every 1 1/2 - 2 years?

:jail:

This worries me that they have been deliberating for 4 days. I think they think he isn't Schizophrenic but has a personality disorder but his level of planning seems to contradict mental illness. Oh I hope they decide soon. It must be hell for Jun Lin's family.

Sidhartha Banerjee ‏@sidhartha_b · 3h3 hours ago

:eek:

I think they better downgrade the hotel and food options during deliberations. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288