Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay at this point I gotta ask WTF?

This was not a difficult case. He did it. Did he know it was wrong? Well he sure covered it up and got the heck out of dodge.

:gaah:

If I may echo Kamille - WTF? I'm having a sinking feeling that it's going to be a hung jury!:thinking:

Regarding the judge having a fake twitter account, I can see/understand his concern. What if some "jokester" tweeted a fake verdict, or that the killer had escaped......:scared: The judge was right in being upset about the fake account especially at this stage of the game! :scared:

Now please don't laugh (well, it's good to laugh but please don't laugh unkindly! :lol:).......my 'gut feelings' are more than not often right. I've thought for the past two days that a verdict would come in tomorrow! Forgive me if I'm wrong........:)

There has to be one/two people who are unable to be convinced of whatever. Oh dear......:notgood:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 21m 21 minutes ago

Lunch break for jury. No verdict. #Magnotta

@monique_muise:
"A feeling" in the courthouse and @mbelhumeurTVA has put on a tie. Could we be approaching a #Magnotta verdict?

EDIT: False alarm. :(
@sleeCJAD:
Lunch break over. Jury resumes deliberations. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD 15m15 minutes ago

Afternoon break over. Jury back at it. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD 41m41 minutes ago

A few regular court spectators from the past couple of weeks have reappeared. #Magnotta

I can appreciate what the press is going through - the long hours etc... but I find some reporters in particular are being EXTREMELY disrespectful with their comments. A young man was slain in the most horrific of ways and it's so important that justice is truly delivered here. If they don't like long hours or their assignment, keep that crap off Twitter. Do they think the family/friends cannot read their comments because they're Asian? I find this flip attitude very troubling. #RIPJunLin should be the hashtag, might make them think before they tweet out such unprofessional drivel.

Come on. All together now: <<Coupable!!!!>> JMO

I can appreciate what the press is going through - the long hours etc... but I find some reporters in particular are being EXTREMELY disrespectful with their comments. A young man was slain in the most horrific of ways and it's so important that justice is truly delivered here. If they don't like long hours or their assignment, keep that crap off Twitter. Do they think the family/friends cannot read their comments because they're Asian? I find this flip attitude very troubling. #RIPJunLin should be the hashtag, might make them think before they tweet out such unprofessional drivel.

I agree.

It's over for today. sigh. I guess the defense psychologists must have been pretty persuasive. JMO

I wonder what is taking the jury so long to deliberate? Even Richard Kachkar, a notorious NCR case, took three days to deliberate. I don't know what to expect honestly at this point.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 4h 4 hours ago

#Magnotta: Day Six of deliberations is over. No verdict yet. Day Seven begins tomorrow morning. #CJAD

THE EXPERTS WEIGH IN:

Though generalities are difficult to make, there is a rough consensus that the longer a jury is out, the more likely there will be an acquittal or other favourable outcome for the accused, according to Edward Prutschi, who is also a defence lawyer in Toronto.

"What does the passage of time mean? The general consensus ... is that the longer a jury is out deliberating, the better it is for the defence," he said. "That the Crown would like to see the jury come back quickly, and that a quick return means the Crown is generally going to get what it wants and get its conviction."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/21/experts-weigh-in-on-lengthy-deliberations-in-magnotta-trial

Okay it's time to get that jury out of The Ritz Carlton and into The Motel Pierre. :floorlaugh:

But seriously, at this point I hope they just stop trying and come back with a hung verdict. Obviously one or more people aren't budging, nor should they if that is their gut feeling.

MOO

Haven't been following but just saw that th jury didn't get to see the pic from the trailer????? Not good :( :( :(

And the Colombian mystery man is in prison??? Wonder what for!

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1h 1 hour ago

And I'll be here until the verdict comes down, Christmas or no Christmas. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1h 1 hour ago

#Magnotta: Day Seven of deliberations begins now. #CJAD

"Jurors heard endless earnest testimony about psychosis, schizophrenia, psychotic breaks, hallucinations, delusions, command voices. The effect was to obfuscate and confuse. Prosecutor Louis Bouthillier did a magnificent job in his closing argument to remind the jurors of the fundamental simplicity of the case, as did his expert witness Dr. Gilles Chamberland, but it may have been too little, too late.

[...] But neither should NCR be used as a way out for those who are clearly not normal – i.e., Mr. Magnotta – but whose illness doesn’t preclude them from appreciating and knowing the wrongfulness of their acts (i.e., Mr. Magnotta). For NCR to be used as a Hail Mary pass in cases where there’s no other defence diminishes the genuine cases."

^ Pretty good article, I thought, on why the jurors may be taking so long. Full version here: Magnotta jurors likely baffled by too much ‘expert’ testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member