GUILTY FL - Aubrey Cooley, 40, shot to death, Santa Rosa County, 26 Dec 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
506ae98d-343d-4783-85ed-b3e1550e579c_zps3899c810.jpg

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime.../20907853/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Taylor Lynn Crongeyer, 18, is facing one count of open homicide in the shooting death of Aubrey Dewayne Cooley, 40.

About 12:30 a.m. Friday, deputies en route to a welfare check in the 2300 block of Dale Hall Road were advised the situation had escalated to a shooting. Officers arrived to find Cooley tied by his ankles to the trailer hitch of a pickup with a gunshot wound to the head, according to an arrest report.

Officers said when they arrived on scene, Crongeyer exited the residence with a large amount of blood on her clothing. At the scene, officers found blood in several locations throughout the home and a rifle in the master bedroom.

http://navarrepress.com/headlines/arrest-made-homicide/

Crongeyer was arrested on Nov. 11 on charges of driving under the influence and the possession of alcohol.

The mug shot for the arrest on Dec. 27 shows Crongeyer with gauze under her right eye. A representative with the sheriff’s office stated that Crongeyer had a “few stitches” after her arrest for injuries that occurred before the deputies arrived on the scene of the crime.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/27715778/step-daughter-charged-in-munson-murdered

Rita Tedder lives nearby and grew up with the family. She says the 18-year-old is Cooley's step-daughter. "Taylor was a sweet, smart person. I think she just graduated from school. Everyone around here is sad. Aubrey was a very sweet person. Grew up knowing him and his family and it's just an awful tragedy"...

As details to what neighbors call a puzzling crime are sorted out, they give their condolences to the family.

2d1b2b69-b5ee-499f-9521-d42c34ae13b8_zps7f237f78.jpg

Taylor's FB: https://www.facebook.com/taylor.crongeyer

Am I the only one thinking that maybe Step-Dad was taking advantage and she snapped?

Yes, I have considered that she was being abused or taken advantage of. I am somewhat local and have been reading the comment section in the local papers while keeping up with the story. You can't always believe what you read, but many of her friends have been posting comments underneath the newspaper stories that indicate that there is much more to this story. That's not an excuse to murder anyone (abuse). However...it CAN push someone over the brink. She looks so sad in that mug shot. Don't know how she got the injury but people are speculating it was from the recoil of the rifle she used to kill Cooley.

Yes, I have considered that she was being abused or taken advantage of. I am somewhat local and have been reading the comment section in the local papers while keeping up with the story. You can't always believe what you read, but many of her friends have been posting comments underneath the newspaper stories that indicate that there is much more to this story. That's not an excuse to murder anyone (abuse). However...it CAN push someone over the brink. She looks so sad in that mug shot. Don't know how she got the injury but people are speculating it was from the recoil of the rifle she used to kill Cooley.

Depending on the type of abuse, I disagree. For instance, if he was raping or beating her, I believe she, or any woman has the right to shoot to kill. I don't think it would be considered "murder" though, so that's likely not the case here.

tied by his ankles to a trailer hitch? did someone help her? she's tiny and he looked like he was quite stocky

Depending on the type of abuse, I disagree. For instance, if he was raping or beating her, I believe she, or any woman has the right to shoot to kill. I don't think it would be considered "murder" though, so that's likely not the case here.

OK, after reading your post and rethinking what I wrote. I do agree with you. Especially if it's a life or death situation. I've been reading the comments in the local papers trying to get a better picture of what happened here - I just don't know what to think. I looked at Taylor's fb page and her appearance drastically changed over the past year and it seems like she also came out openly gay. Some people are born that way ...but others become gay for other reasons as well - abuse being one of them.

tied by his ankles to a trailer hitch? did someone help her? she's tiny and he looked like he was quite stocky

Adrenalin surge from shock/rage under stress can really change a person's ability to move heavy objects. MOO

I think the mug shot of her with the gauze was an earlier arrest (nov 11) for alcohol-related charges. Not the recoil.

I think the mug shot of her with the gauze was an earlier arrest (nov 11) for alcohol-related charges. Not the recoil.

I thought so too, but it says the "Dec 27" arrest and her dui was Nov 11th??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"She looks so sad in that mug shot." My immediate impression was she scares me.

Iirc, she got hurt (car wreck), resulting in the DUI. I'm thinking someone just posted this mug shot from then.

This article says she shot him while he was in bed following an altercation. She explains that he was tied up to the truck by his ankles because she was trying to move the body. That makes more sense. I wonder what the altercation was about.

http://www.weartv.com/template/cgi-bin/archived.pl?type=basic&file=/news/features/top-stories/stories/archive/2014/12/TiNkSlSp.xml

How did this young women move him from the bed outside to the back of the truck? And how long did it take her?

I wish this case was showcased a bit more.

Like so many others, my first reaction was: abuse. That he was her step-father (not biological), that she'd recently come out, that the death occurred in his bed, that she was exhibiting extraordinary anti-social behavior (DUI)...

I want to hear more about what the investigation yields and what local scuttlebutt has.

You're right. I read the article again. Taylor must've had an injury under her eye that had to be stitched up.
Imo, maybe a punch to her face?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back