PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

But to believe that, IMO, you would have to believe that he died where he was found. Because, IMO, I do not believe he went in unconscious where the keys were found and he somehow just floated down behind the brewery and just sunk/stayed there until found. And again we have to ask, if that is true (that he died/sunk behind the brewery), then how did the keys end up upstream?

That's why I'm puzzled. I think he went in by the MNY Brewery.
We have to wait 5 weeks or so.... That's all.

Wondering now that he's been found and where he was found, what are people's thoughts? 1.)Accident, 2.)foul play or 3.)purposely went into the water?

Always, I absolutely agree with you, the foul play scenario is terribly painful. However, if foul play was the cause and could be proven, with perpetrators brought to justice, than perhaps future crime could be prevented. That is the only true silver lining in prosecution, as criminal justice is of little value to those who have lost a loved one. Though I was once a prosecutor, I relied on the hope of a higher power's justice.

GG.
I think you might have misinterpreted my thought process.
I do believe foul play, always have. It is an ME's nightmare. Most get ruled an accident.
My painful thought was Shane fought drowning for a quarter of a mile.

Wondering now that he's been found and where he was found, what are people's thoughts? 1.)Accident, 2.)foul play or 3.)purposely went into the water?
I still think anything is possible, it's still very unclear even knowing he has been found in the river. But I still feel a drowning accident from the parking lot is hard to happen. If he didnt drown from the parking lot area then the keys being found there is confusing.

Sorry if it's been answered, but how far apart where him and his keys located from eachother? How far from the point od entry in the lot assumed by many was his he found? Thanks!

I don't question the depth of water and the possibility of someone drowning in it. We know it can and does happens. But I know where many of our thoughts are. We think, even if he did fall in, he was so close to the edge and in such shallow water you would think (or maybe it's more like, we would have hoped) he would have been able to just stand up and get out. Even if he was drunk. This may be why some of us are wondering if maybe perhaps he was unconscious when he went in. What I question more is why he wasn't found sooner. Especially being in such shallow water.

I think the disconnect is that the "bottom" of the river isn't solid. It is several feet of mud and silt and debris. If he was alive when he went in and tried to "stand up" he would have sunk into the mire, thrashed around trying to get out, drowning in the process. IMHO. This river at this spot is disgusting! No hard rocky bottom, little visibility, all sorts of junk. I am not surprised that it took so long to find him.

Great question! As you can see from my post above, I just want each scenario thoroughly considered and given equal weight based on the eventual findings of the ME.

It's no secret where my head is at.
I'm having trouble typing.
I'm having trouble staying connected to this site.

GG.
I think you might have misinterpreted my thought process.
I do believe foul play, always have. It is an ME's nightmare. Most get ruled an accident.
My painful thought was Shane fought drowning for a quarter of a mile.

Oh no, forgive me, I definitely misunderstood and I agree that is a most painful thought. I didn't realize and am encouraged that all avenues are still being considered. As you can tell, I am so frustrated by the tendency in these cases to quickly jump to accidental drowning due to intoxication.

And please ignore my grammar, by ending sentences with prepositions.
I just don't care today.

Oh no, forgive me, I definitely misunderstood and I agree that is a most painful thought. I didn't realize and am encouraged that all avenues are still being considered. As you can tell, I am so frustrated by the tendency in these cases to quickly jump to accidental drowning due to intoxication.
bolded by me.
Especially because I feel effort had to be made to put himself close to the water and in danger.

I still cant fathom the point of entry.

please take this time to respect the Family and give them a little privacy for a few days. Once something breaks I will post. At this time it would be a great time to use the resources of the people and this site to help the family of Paul Kochu in Pittsburgh

Kevin-thanks for turning your attention to Paul Kochu at this time; as you said, his family can use some support.

As for Shane's family, there are no adequate words to comfort them now. If it matters to them, I hope they know that so very many people had the family in their thoughts since Shane disappeared. I am not really expecting any additional information now that he's been found, although I do have some questions...I think that, since all of us here continue to want to help, maybe the best thing to do for those of us who might be able to, would be to make a small donation to the Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit. It could help the next family, right?

Speaking of the PK case.
While the divers were searching for Paul- they found another body.
She surfaced rather quickly. Same water temps too & deeper waters.
I think she went missing Christmas Eve.

I know it's hard to understand a drowning and we don't know what happened by as the dive team explained yes the water is shallow it also has pockets 8-9 feet deep.

Is the Schuylkill River tidal at Manayunk? I checked the internet, and found tide charts for the Schuylkill at the Market Street Bridge, but don't know about Manayunk. If it is, then that can move all kinds of things around, to some unusual places. Having said that, it doesn't surprise me at all that poor Shane was found where he was; I did say a week or so ago that bodies don't really go rushing down a river and out to the ocean (this is what my daughter thought would happen-it just doesn't).

I go back and forth between foul play and accident. In the accident scenario, I think he was more drunk than Kildares let on. I think he may have been peeing or smoking by the river, fell in and hit his head.
I can come up with a hundred scenarios for the foul play (or accident really) and most have been theorized here already.
I was hoping for a miracle.

Speaking of the PK case.
While the divers were searching for Paul- they found another body.
She surfaced rather quickly. Same water temps too & deeper waters.
I think she went missing Christmas Eve.
Who did they find?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12