PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

I hope LE checks Shane's cellphone for photos and "memo" recording(s), in case Shane left a 'note' message. Also check for items possibly stored in the cloud.

His phone was dead I don't think he was writing memos or taking videos with a dead phone I would think I don't know if they have a way to bring back a water logged phone but I'm sure the are investigating

I barely slept last night. I'm having some thoughts towards my theory here. Im actually frightened to research this subject. I never once thought suicide- why?... Because of ignorance- people tried to explain it. I've never thought "accident" and will have a very hard time if it is ruled an accident.
Foul play was my suspicion...but there just isn't enough pieces to fit.
However, suicide has many pieces and I'm slowly trying to gather them.

Ignorance on my part.
I really don't want to speculate I lean towards accident with some factors of Kildaire's being involved 1)employee saying "get the f out of here an we don't wan you near this building", 2)Kildaire's overserving sees him stumbling and let's him leave and he is unsafe 3)the deemed relative. With sucicide men 18-25 are very high risk. I think he was home and happy to be home. If there was any thought like that in his mind it was distorted due to the heavy intoxicaton/other substances? Some levels of alcohol can make you psychotic see things that are not there. There are lots of synthetic drugs that cause hallucinations. Great program on it on CNN last night. My family member came home last year asking for Adderall and he was in the circle of friends as you know. They think these drugs are harmless or needed to help them but they are not. So he could of thought the water was pavement. Or have been so disoriented not even know where he was walking. Or have been down on himself shaken up by the Kildaire's incident. Alcohol alone can mess you up. Again I say I am blessed to have gotten through my early 20's. I don't want to speculate because the pain of the family. I trust they will do toxicology and a thorough autopsy. There is so much out there at this age and I'm rambling but Kildaire's was packed to over capacity and that is why friends get separated. They should be shut down but if they remain open it should be mandated they have cameras inside and out and they have to follow the 225 capacity.

This is my theory. Shane went to the river to urinate and he fell in the river. When he fell in it was dark became disoriented in the water and could not find land. As he paddles to stay above water he is pushed out to 30 feet from the wall where his keys fall. The current pushes him 800 yds down where it's 4 feet of water. He tries to stand and sinks as the floor of the river is not firm and drowns. I don't think he intended to leave his friends but just went down to urinate with the intention of coming back and meeting up with friends. This is the only thing that makes sense in my mind.

Just came across an interesting comment left at the end of this article:

Body Pulled From Schuylkill River Is Shane Montgomery: Family
The body of missing college student Shane Montgomery was found Saturday. His heartbroken uncle spoke to NBC10's Christine Maddela about the tragic end to the search. (Published Saturday, Jan 3, 2015)

Sunday, Jan 4, 2015 • Updated at 12:16 AM EST

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Student-Shane-Montgomery-Found-286962511.html

Comment:

(modsnip)

Another possibility not previously explored.

Snicker I've seen many comments from people talking about similar activity there too. And the comments I came across were not even left under any article about Shane. I found them on various places on the Internet under ratings for bars and forums talking about, "What bars would you never go in again" and stuff like that. Kildares was mentioned TONS of times all over the Internet as a place where the bouncers like to rough people up, knock teeth out of people, etc. Crazy stuff.

I had asked before if Shane seemed to be stumbling in the video due to being intoxicated or stumbling cause he just tripped and was regaining his balance or stumbling because maybe someone had hit him over the head and he became disoriented. Anyway, DetPac didn't really answer that so I just assumed stumbling cause he was drunk. Even though for weeks we were told by the media and Shane's family that he was NOT drunk (which I personally never believed anyway....you're not our for 4 or 5 hours drinking at different bars and not at least tipsy).

(modsnip)

[/I]Another possibility not previously explored.

Snicker I've seen many comments from people talking about similar activity there too. And the comments I came across were not even left under any article about Shane. I found them on various places on the Internet under ratings for bars and forums talking about, "What bars would you never go in again" and stuff like that. Kildares was mentioned TONS of times all over the Internet as a place where the bouncers like to rough people up, knock teeth out of people, etc. Crazy stuff.

That's what I've been sensing all along - that there was some sort of altercation at the front door of Kildares before Shane headed toward the nail salon or after he arrived at the parking lot. Nothing concrete, just a strong feeling that someone contributed to Shane entering the water. Hopefully the medical examiner will be able to shed some light.

To me, Kildares is doing more than just trying to avoid a liability lawsuit - their behavior feels more like a cover-up of a known incident. Christine Maddela with NBCNews approached Kildares for comment on Shane being found and they declined. What? They couldn't even say we are glad his family was able to bring him home and the family will be in their prayers? Odd. JMHO

His phone was dead I don't think he was writing memos or taking videos with a dead phone I would think I don't know if they have a way to bring back a water logged phone but I'm sure the are investigating

I used the word "memo" because many cellphones have a feature that enables recording a message, a "memo" ... it doesn't have to be a "memo", i.e.: "I must remember to pick up eggs on the way home."

My point was Shane may have recorded a suicide note via the "memo" feature on his cellphone, perhaps earlier in the evening or days before and that evening finally acted on something that may have been brewing within him for a while.

Or, it was not suicide, it was a fun evening for Shane and he may have snapped a few party photos or recorded a video earlier that evening, would be nice for the family to see those items if they exist.

Even though the cellphone was submerged the cellphone could be dried and circuitry cleaned in attempt to allow power-up/functional or memory chips/card could be placed in a circuit in attempt to recover data.

That's what I've been sensing all along - that there was some sort of altercation at the front door of Kildares before Shane headed toward the nail salon or after he arrived at the parking lot. Nothing concrete, just a strong feeling that someone contributed to Shane entering the water. Hopefully the medical examiner will be able to shed some light.

To me, Kildares is doing more than just trying to avoid a liability lawsuit - their behavior feels more like a cover-up of a known incident. Christine Maddela with NBCNews approached Kildares for comment on Shane being found and they declined. What? They couldn't even say we are glad his family was able to bring him home and the family will be in their prayers? Odd. JMHO

Pathetic. Disgusting, petty, juvenile, CYA, condescending. Liars.
They put up reward money. And now have no comment to family? Film flam at its finest.

In earlier posts there was mention of Kildare's turning over the credit card as "human to human interaction."
All I could think of regarding Kildare's was their bouncers have a reputation for being sub-human.

And I personally would still love to know why they denied (multiple times) having his card in the first place, but then just turned it over to Kevin who isn't LE. How can they do that when there was a missing person/investigation going on?

In earlier posts there was mention of Kildare's turning over the credit card as "human to human interaction."
All I could think of regarding Kildare's was their bouncers have a reputation for being sub-human.

As a side note, it would be great if the "reward" money was donated to the Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit. But I'm not sure how reward money and all of that works.

Kildare's disgusts me. It pains me to think about how Shane's uncle said they spoke with Kildare's staff and were told that Shane left not stumbling. How could you lie to that family.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/body-shane-montgomery-pulled-schuylkill-152200807.html

The video here shows for a very brief second what the surveillance camera behind christie's nail salon looks like when it is nighttime. It's a good example b/c it actually shows someone walking [I dont think it's Shane b/c the date says Dec 10, the day the video was discovered by authorities,,,,and the person is walking toward Main St and not the lot].

Hs8PKIz.png

Here is the lot lit up in case anyone needs it for reference http://i.imgur.com/3cWxaEr.png

Maybe the camera quality is actually better when LE has the tape and uses technology to improve the picture, or else I wonder how they identified Shane in the video in the first place........but watching this had me think how after entering the parking lot,maybe Shane could stepped back out of the lot and immediately turned walked back to the path to the left [wouldve been on his right at that point] and maybe not be noticed......? Dark clothing, dark and grainy video.........just a thought b/c I know a lot of us had a problem believing he fell in at the parking lot or went up on the ledge. Maybe he went this way and found himself near the river again, at more dangerous spots, like the path queezy took in the beginning of the venice island hike video.

But then I think with how big the search was for Shane, SOMEONE would have noticed this..... but just putting this out there anyway.

ETA, I just realized this doesnt explain where the keys unless he dropped them in the water at the lot and then left the lot

I barely slept last night. I'm having some thoughts towards my theory here. Im actually frightened to research this subject. I never once thought suicide- why?... Because of ignorance- people tried to explain it. I've never thought "accident" and will have a very hard time if it is ruled an accident.
Foul play was my suspicion...but there just isn't enough pieces to fit.
However, suicide has many pieces and I'm slowly trying to gather them.

Ignorance on my part.

Always, as usual, you and I are on very similar wavelengths. However, I'm still not ruling out foul play. We must remember that foul play can come in many forms, such as perhaps Kildare's being criminally negligent, or someone in the parking lot contributing to or causing Shane's death before he ended up in the river. Also, there are often no logical reasons for foul play. Sometimes criminals are justbin the mood, i.e. not looking for money, jewelery etc. Lots of pieces just do not fit. As far as suicide, that is so often inexplicable and surprising even to those close to the person. I'm not really seeing suicide here but that's only based on our limited facts.

In the case of my own family member who died due to medical negligence, I ended up just not wanting to pursue it. So hard to believe for those who know the fighter in me, but I needed it to be OVER. Sometimes, it is easier to accept the most expeditious answer so you can move on. Or I should say move past. One never moves on.

My last post; just realized it doesnt explain the keys, unless he dropped them in the water at the lot and then left

Very good points. I posted yesterday wondering if maybe he didn't step back out of the lot and then walk up alongside the canal on the tracks and the video just didn't capture this. Let's say he did, and he did fall in at a much more dangerous/risky location downstream, still doesn't explain how his keys would be upstream then.

ADDING: Just saw that you commented on the keys issue too. IMO, the keys could not have just dropped from the edge of that wall or lot. Not when they say they were found many feet away from the wall. JMO

http://news.yahoo.com/video/body-shane-montgomery-pulled-schuylkill-152200807.html

The video here shows for a very brief second what the surveillance camera behind christie's nail salon looks like when it is nighttime. It's a good example b/c it actually shows someone walking [I dont think it's Shane b/c the date says Dec 10, the day the video was discovered by authorities,,,,and the person is walking toward Main St and not the lot].

Hs8PKIz.png

Here is the lot lit up in case anyone needs it for reference http://i.imgur.com/3cWxaEr.png

Maybe the camera quality is actually better when LE has the tape and uses technology to improve the picture, or else I wonder how they identified Shane in the video in the first place........but watching this had me think how after entering the parking lot,maybe Shane could stepped back out of the lot and immediately turned walked back to the path to the left [wouldve been on his right at that point] and maybe not be noticed......? Dark clothing, dark and grainy video.........just a thought b/c I know a lot of us had a problem believing he fell in at the parking lot or went up on the ledge. Maybe he went this way and found himself near the river again, at more dangerous spots, like the path queezy took in the beginning of the venice island hike video.

But then I think with how big the search was for Shane, SOMEONE would have noticed this..... but just putting this out there anyway.

ETA, I just realized this doesnt explain where the keys unless he dropped them in the water at the lot and then left the lot

http://6abc.com/news/body-of-shane-montgomery-found-in-schuylkill-river/460549/
last paragraph

"Montgomery's body was transported to the medical examiner's office for a cause of death to be determined. Police say foul play is not suspected."

Until I hear otherwise from the police or medical examiner (the ones who know most of the facts), I am ruling out foul play.

I just don't see where it gets you to not accept then non foul play accident outcome, when those investigating really don't have much indicating foul play as of yet. If the medical examiner determines otherwise, then my opinion will change.

I understand people like to speculate on WS. That is what they do. My question to you is: "At what point do you call off the dogs?" Will you accept the outcome if the medical examiner says no foul play?

http://6abc.com/news/body-of-shane-montgomery-found-in-schuylkill-river/460549/
last paragraph

"Montgomery's body was transported to the medical examiner's office for a cause of death to be determined. Police say foul play is not suspected."

Until I hear otherwise from the police or medical examiner (the ones who know most of the facts), I am ruling out foul play.

I just don't see where it gets you to not accept the outcome, when those investigating really don't have much indicating foul play as of yet. If the medical examiner determines otherwise, then my opinion will change.

I understand people like to speculate on WS. That is what they do. My question to you is: "At what point do you call off the dogs?" Will you accept the outcome if the medical examiner says no foul play?

If they find evidence that he drowned then Im guessing most will accept that he drowned but the questions will always be where exactly and how did it happen

The interaction was between Kevin and someone he knew who worked at Kildare's (but not the evening Shane went missing) and whom he commented was not concerned about 'corporate' and she had no problem locating and handing over Shane's property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back