PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

If they find evidence that he drowned then Im guessing most will accept that he drowned but the questions will always be where exactly and how did it happen

So, I guess that answers my question. No matter what LE determines, there are always going to be questions for some people.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen
Early on I speculated Shane may have walked the rails to the rails bridge area near the Manayunk Brewery and may have attempted to navigate to their dock with the intent to head home via Shurs Lane.

Attachment 66646

What squelched that theory was the discovery of Shane's keys 30 feet from the bank of the south west corner of the parking lot. It appears, indeed, that Shane entered the water at or above that corner of the parking lot and was carried downstream to near that dock.

You might be on to something here. I'm trying to make sense of this. I'll try to find a pic for reference. The Green Lane Bridge is above the parking lot. I'm just rough guessing don't have any accurate numbers in my head- I remember my dad telling me it was originally named the Pencoyd Bridge- 150 feet long- my gosh it's been some time. I'm gonna guess 75 feet high- hmmmmm?... I'll be back I wanna get some facts here.

Note the position of the yellow question mark I placed in the river behind the Manayunk Brewery to posit/query :'is Shane here' ... what freaks me is that I pieced together and uploaded that image December 14/15 ... and two weeks later Shane is recovered from that very spot ...

Do you think the video of Shane will ever be released? I feel bad asking this question with him just being found, but it may let us have our perception of his condition while entering the parking lot. I know there where conflicting comments of him "walking" vs "stumbling"..

Do you think the video of Shane will ever be released? I feel bad asking this question with him just being found, but it may let us have our perception of his condition while entering the parking lot. I know there where conflicting comments of him "walking" vs "stumbling"..
Unless they suspect foul play I don't think any other information will be released. IMO

http://6abc.com/news/body-of-shane-montgomery-found-in-schuylkill-river/460549/
last paragraph

"Montgomery's body was transported to the medical examiner's office for a cause of death to be determined. Police say foul play is not suspected."

Until I hear otherwise from the police or medical examiner (the ones who know most of the facts), I am ruling out foul play.

I just don't see where it gets you to not accept then non foul play accident outcome, when those investigating really don't have much indicating foul play as of yet. If the medical examiner determines otherwise, then my opinion will change.

I understand people like to speculate on WS. That is what they do. My question to you is: "At what point do you call off the dogs?" Will you accept the outcome if the medical examiner says no foul play?

I think it's possible that we will never know for sure. However, if the autopsy rules a drowning, and cannot find any evidence of foul play, then I will accept that it was either suicide or accident. I will have no problem admitting that I was wrong. (Probably because I have been wrong my whole life. LOL.) I seriously find it liberating to admit when your wrong...therapeutic in a way. I have also found that it gets easier the more you do it.

This is out there, but it is a legitimate question.
Are Shane and his friends into parkour? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=parkour

These areas around the canal and river are ripe for crazy body movements. In a rash decision, a wrong move can result in disaster.

I'm so outside the box, I'm shrink wrap. Don't laugh!
This actually goes with what I was saying a few times before Shane was found. If Shane was in that lot with friends during daylight, an accident in from that parking lot seems like it's easier to happen. Showing off to friends, jumping around, pranking, being risky

I think it's possible that we will never know for sure. However, if the autopsy rules a drowning, and cannot find any evidence of foul play, then I will accept that it was either suicide or accident. I will have no problem admitting that I was wrong. (Probably because I have been wrong my whole life. LOL.) I seriously find it liberating to admit when your wrong...therapeutic in a way. I have also found that it gets easier the more you do it.

Exactly. To be wrong in this situation is actually better. I would hope that no one physically hurt Shane to cause his death.

An old boyfriend asked me why I participated at WS.
I told him if his daughter were missing, wouldn't he want people he didn't even know praying for her?
We just want the best for everyone.

Washed him outta my hair two years ago New Year's.

I am saying this in the most sincere and emphatic manner as possible. You are one cool person. I have you find all the best that life has to offer.

Exactly. To be wrong in this situation is actually better. I would hope that no one physically hurt Shane to cause his death.

Yea. You are right. The speculation is more people wanting to understand and wanting answers. It's not about wanting to be right. If something does not make sense to you, you should always question it. Anyone in this thread that has ever at one point believed in foul play has also tried to, either in their head or in posts, tried to put pieces together for an accident theory and tried to look at things from every angle and see what possibly could have happened. I dont think anyone truly cares about being right or wrong when we're talking about a life and tragedy, we just want answers and want to understand.

Yea. You are right. The speculation is more people wanting to understand and wanting answers. It's not about wanting to be right. If something does not make sense to you, you should always question it. Anyone in this thread that has ever at one point believed in foul play has also tried to, either in their head or in posts, tried to put pieces together for an accident theory and tried to look at things from every angle and see what possibly could have happened. I dont think anyone truly cares about being right or wrong when we're talking about a life and tragedy, we just want answers and want to understand.

Very eloquently put Takeit

The Philadelphia medical examiner's office has ruled Shane Montgomery's death accidental, his uncle said Sunday.

Montgomery's cause of death will be further specified on his death certificate, which the family will receive Monday, Verbrugghe said.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...ery_not_yet_released.html#tXhaUOiedAljzzHQ.99

I assume "accidental" means they just found evidence of drowning and no visible signs of foul play to his body. Unfortunately it doesnt tell us exactly what happened.

MOD: ACCIDENTAL.

"Montgomery's cause of death will be further specified on his death certificate, which the family will receive Monday, Verbrugghe said."

During one of the earlier news videos intermixed with numerous cutaways to various scenes, one scene is a closeup of two investigators attempting to ascertain how Shane may have entered the river. One investigator makes a motion using both his arms to portray a quick 'leap' motion. Also, what we have never been told is what did the FBI find that caused them to believe Shane was in the water. I believe they found something close(r) to the canal.

During one of the earlier news videos intermixed with numerous cutaways to various scenes, one scene is a closeup of two investigators attempting to ascertain how Shane may have entered the river. One investigator makes a motion using both his arms to portray a quick 'leap' motion. Also, what we have never been told is what did the FBI find that caused them to believe Shane was in the water. I believe they found something close(r) to the canal.

I think their belief that he was in the water, prior to the keys discovery, was a combination of no witnesses coming forward and surveillance placing him in the lot [and stumbling] and not seeing him on other surveillance. I think it was as simple as that rather than there being some unreleased clue that was found. JMO

But like I was hinting at in my last post, just because they found evidence of drowning [I assume that is what evidence they found] doesnt necessarily mean accident. It doesnt rule out suicide for example

I think their belief that he was in the water, prior to the keys discovery, was a combination of no witnesses coming forward and surveillance placing him in the lot [and stumbling] and not seeing him on other surveillance. I think it was as simple as that rather than there being some unreleased clue that was found. JMO

But like I was hinting at in my last post, just because they found evidence of drowning [I assume that is what evidence they found] doesnt necessarily mean accident. It doesnt rule out suicide for example

This is Dec 10/11, likely when Shane was discovered on video? but they never mention the reasoning:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/vide...mery-Case-Leads-Crews-Back-to-Water/285415501

The Philadelphia medical examiner's office has ruled Shane Montgomery's death accidental, his uncle said Sunday.

Montgomery's cause of death will be further specified on his death certificate, which the family will receive Monday, Verbrugghe said.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...ery_not_yet_released.html#tXhaUOiedAljzzHQ.99

I assume "accidental" means they just found evidence of drowning and no visible signs of foul play to his body. Unfortunately it doesnt tell us exactly what happened.

I hope we get more information on Monday or DetPac or Kevin can shed some light. Toxicology reports if they were able to even do them would take a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back