PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

I think the investigation prior to Shane being found told the authorities and family what likely had happened and that the autopsy showed nothing to change the theories and/or conclusions. Jmo

A drowning is just easiest to rule an accident with no witnesses, no signs of injury, no suicide note/no history of suicidal actions. That is the case here i think.

Point is, he's NOT in the LE business and Kildares and that employee had no business handing it over to anyone other than LE when it was an active missing persons case. Why did they deny it all that time and why then go and hand it over eventually to "someone in the business"?

That's why the cops usually handle the media questions and not the family, but that's not what happened in this case, everything was from civilians or outside agency's and not Phila. PD. Another thing is all of the important evidence that we have been told of has been found by someone other than Phila PD. The keys and recovery of the body was all from the Garden State guys, the statement of recovery was from GS and the debit card retrieval was from KevinC after one or two failed attempts from Phila, PD to recover it. I think the debit card recovery can be explained easily though just by thinking about what KevinC told us ''he's in the business'' .

A drowning is just easiest to rule an accident with no witnesses, no signs of injury, no suicide note/no history of suicidal actions. That is the case here i think.

So be it. If it was my sister or my mother I would fight until my death to find answers.
It happened to my father. I called the FBI, I called everyone and their mother. I got my answers.
I proved it was a murder. I lead them right to the criminals. I had to fight with everything I had. It's politics. I had to be a rock and I was broken down but, I had the law against me.
I fought the law, and I won.
The Montgomerys believe it was an accident. Maybe suicide. They have no fight left - it's their choice.

Thanks KC, hey I just read in another posting #529 that [and please correct me if I'm wrong] Shane's brother name is Tom LaCourt ? I'm not questioning or doubting that he is his brother, I was just making sure I read it right, Thanks

Thanks KC, hey I just read in another posting #529 that [and please correct me if I'm wrong] Shane's brother name is Tom LaCourt ? I'm not questioning or doubting that he is his brother, I was just making sure I read it right, Thanks

Yes the Obituary is Correct.

I have to agree with the point made of the Catholic Church easing up. Being born and raised a catholic, catholic education my whole life and the same for my own children, and throw in the fact my uncle is a RC priest, I am very familiar with how some situations are handled. A very close friend of mine lost her son in Afghanistan. Sadly, 2 years later, her daughter took her own life. It was clearly a suicide with a note left behind. There was no debate, no question and no hesitation for her to have a Mass of the Resurrection. So, I do not believe this would be the reason to label this as an accident. The only reason I can see would be, as said by others, the parents wishes. When you think of the nightmare they have been through the past 5 weeks, I am sure at this point, what does it matter? The only reason I can think they would want to pursue what really happened would be if they thought foul play, but I am feeling they are not thinking in that direction. So, if it is between accidental or suicide, accidental it will be.

PLT, I am with you on the Andrew Jarzyk situation. I think that will haunt me forever having followed it from the start. I will never feel in my heart that it was suicide, and I really can not understand how it could have been accidental. Once Andrew was found, that was the end of it. The thread just dwindled off and as far as I know, there was nothing else in MSM. I have to say, this is right up there with Andrew's case for me. Remember, we still do not know why Shane was back by the river that night, and I never really bought the pee or smoke suggestion. Something inside me will always feel Shane went there for a reason, a reason we will probably never know. But in my heart, a part of me feels that reason had something to do with this. But , I guess as KevinC has suggested, we need to just let it go.

The important thing is that the Montgomery family is satisfied with the finding-and they may have information that we don't, that this was an accident (can't think what that might be-perhaps a witness who saw him walking somewhere precarious). I hope they are a little more at peace now, Catholic mass or not for his funeral. As for me-well, since my aunt died and was denied the sacrament of a funeral mass, I haven't been back to the Catholic church.

I have actually changed my view in this case. Something I don't usually do.
I thought it was FP, no doubt...
So many things have come into light. I myself, took a blind eye and didn't see any signs pointing in another direction.

I'm sharing this here: 2 weeks ago, I had a dream... Like MLK did, but in my dream I saw Shane.
He never spoke. But, he had a smile. He was happy. So, whether it was a tragic accident or he took his own life. Wherever his soul is...he is happy. I am not religious, but have some faith.

The important thing is that the Montgomery family is satisfied with the finding-and they may have information that we don't, that this was an accident (can't think what that might be-perhaps a witness who saw him walking somewhere precarious). I hope they are a little more at peace now, Catholic mass or not for his funeral. As for me-well, since my aunt died and was denied the sacrament of a funeral mass, I haven't been back to the Catholic church.

O/t That's sad Jmoose. I can understand your reasons and why you would think they still follow such ridiculous guidelines. Thank God that has changed. My husband had a similar situation with his dad when he died, but was divorced before he married his mom. He did eventually come back to the church when we were getting married and he had the opportunity to meet some wonderful priests, along with some of the changes in the church that needed to be made. Hey, our current pope has stated that our pets also go to heaven. Gotta love it.
Sorry for the loss of your aunt and the unfortunate circumstances you dealt with back then.

Yeah, heaven is for real...but so is HELL and I think we are going to have a lot of new contenders for a space with-in it's borders!

Without going into detail, I will say that my best friend died in her sleep three months ago. Oh, so many questions...no autopsy was performed. I spoke to her at least twice a day, every day. I couldn't have been more shocked when I received that phone call on that Friday morning. Nor more devastated. You go through so many things in your head, on an endless loop.
There comes a point where you just have to find a peace you can sit with, so you can go on yourself. If that is what Shane's family has chosen to do, I can completely understand that. For nothing will bring him back. The only 'answer' for me was that God needed her in Heaven more than I needed her here. If you believe in Heaven, it is comforting to accept that your loved one is there, free from pain, sadness, stress or illness.
It doesn't make it okay, but it makes it tolerable.
My prayer for his friends and family is that they can find some sort of comfort in the good memories they have of him and knowing that he touched so many lives, even after he passed from this world.
Shane...Sleep on sweet babe and take thy rest. God called you back, He thought it best.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my spiritual views, they are my beliefs, and I understand that not everyone feels the same. There is room in this world for everyone whatever they believe.

PLT, people will continue to question because the conclusion in these cases, including the ridiculous suicide by stabbing case, do not make sense without any real evidence to support them. My position in the water related cases such as Majoras, Jarzyk, this one as well as missing cases of people who left bars such as Brian Shaffer and Kyle Fleishmann, is that LE takes the path of least resistance. Whether this is due to limited resources, caseload volume, pressure from family, the fact remains that for some of us, these cases are not pursued or solved to our satisfaction. This is in no way a slight to LE, as I worked closely with LE in another state for years. This is simply a commentary on the realities and limitations of justice.

Well put GoneGirl. I followed the cases you mentioned as well. I agree that sometimes LE fails to sum up investigations to our satisfaction. In the Shafer case, you had a family really pushing for answers. In Majoras's case, we didn't see that element. Cement Pond brought up the Jenkins case, another one where family was really pushing for answers. I believe that whatever was on the unreleased video in Shane's case, gave the family the answers they needed. I hope they and Shane have found peace.

I can accept that it was accidental however the official autopsy has not been released. What I want to see happen is Kildaire's to be held accountable. Not just for Shane but for every patron who has been roughed up,roofied, had their cell phone stolen, etc. I want them to no longer be allowed to pack that bar beyond capacity. I want them to forced to do background checks on their employees. I want to be mandated if you serve alcohol you have working cameras inside and out. I know it's a risk to own a bar and I support business owners and it's difficult to deal with 20-something's intoxicated. At the same time you have to do things responsibly and Kildaire's needs to held accountable.

Without going into detail, I will say that my best friend died in her sleep three months ago. Oh, so many questions...no autopsy was performed. I spoke to her at least twice a day, every day. I couldn't have been more shocked when I received that phone call on that Friday morning. Nor more devastated. You go through so many things in your head, on an endless loop.
There comes a point where you just have to find a peace you can sit with, so you can go on yourself. If that is what Shane's family has chosen to do, I can completely understand that. For nothing will bring him back. The only 'answer' for me was that God needed her in Heaven more than I needed her here. If you believe in Heaven, it is comforting to accept that your loved one is there, free from pain, sadness, stress or illness.
It doesn't make it okay, but it makes it tolerable.
My prayer for his friends and family is that they can find some sort of comfort in the good memories they have of him and knowing that he touched so many lives, even after he passed from this world.
Shane...Sleep on sweet babe and take thy rest. God called you back, He thought it best.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my spiritual views, they are my beliefs, and I understand that not everyone feels the same. There is room in this world for everyone whatever they believe.

I think this is beautiful MM, and I am sorry for your loss

Based on the article posteded today, I now feel comfortable accepting that foul play was not involved and my theory on what happened to Shane was wrong. I tip my hat to all the sleuthers who were correct. (I would say congratulations but that just doesn't seem appropriate as this result is nothing to celebrate.)

I would also like to say what utmost respect that I have for all of the searchers who dedicated themselves to bringing home Shane to his family. Amazing job. Great job to LE and DetPac as well as they got the job done despite having thousands of other cases to work on.

Finally for the Montgomery family and Shane's friends, I have no adequate words to say. I pray that over time, the pain will lessen and you will find some semblance of peace and light.

I am going to move on to Paul's case which I started reading through last night. It's been an honor to share ideas on this board with such sharp and caring people. The pleasure has been all mine.

I do believe the ME findings are accurate and correctly reflect what happened to Shane.
What I am wondering about, however, is if the family pursues any legal action against Kildare's.
I think that this would force people to go under oath as to what really happened in that bar.
I truly believe that he was intoxicated and should never have been thrown out on the street the way I believe he was.
Even if their case does not find Kildare's liable, they may be able to get some answers as to how this tragedy occurred.

I said it before, and I will say it again, young people need to take away a lesson from this when out with friends - you go into the bar together, you leave together.
Too many lives lost due to carelessness in what may have been preventable circumstances.
I pray for Shane's family that they are able to find some closure, whatever that is, and I pray for Shane's soul that he is resting in peace.

Kevin,
I am so sorry for your loss.
It can be frustrating on WS at times, defending your position and correcting information.
However, you have been here for Shane to inform the uninformed during a situation no one should ever have to go through.
Bless you.

So I know that a blood alcohol reading from a drowning victim can be drastically lower than it would be had it been taken when they were alive......I'm guessing along with actual numbers from the tests some guessing and estimation has to go on to come to a number they believe he would have been at at time of death. So.......if they come to the conclusion that his BAC was NOT high enough to render him intoxicated, then what? Will everyone still believe he ended up in that water accidentally (of his own accord....i.e. playing around and fell in, etc.)? Or will some change their views to suicide or what? Just wondering. And what then would you make of the stumbling video?

I can accept that it was accidental however the official autopsy has not been released. What I want to see happen is Kildaire's to be held accountable. Not just for Shane but for every patron who has been roughed up,roofied, had their cell phone stolen, etc. I want them to no longer be allowed to pack that bar beyond capacity. I want them to forced to do background checks on their employees. I want to be mandated if you serve alcohol you have working cameras inside and out. I know it's a risk to own a bar and I support business owners and it's difficult to deal with 20-something's intoxicated. At the same time you have to do things responsibly and Kildaire's needs to held accountable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back