IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

My thinking is that he wanted to find a store with little resistance and no cameras. He used the ruse of a delivery man to get into the store, check it out for cameras and see what kind of resistance he may encounter. When he was satisfied that he had the right situation, he announced the robbery and the rest is history. I still think it is possible though that he was a hit man targeting someone, maybe the store manager.

There was 1 survivor, right? I forget - was it the manager or a shopper?
This case is so sad, and so shocking - who would ever dream they're going to be murdered in a Lane Bryant?

The manager was shot first, iirc. It was a customer who survived. One survivor.

I've wondered if perhaps the person responsible is deceased. That could explain why a sloppy murderer would not be caught.

With regards to the killer determining there would be little resistance at this particular store is plausible.

They never determined what type of vehicle he was driving, did they?

I sure wish this one would be solved.

It was actually a part time employee, "Martha" who survived. Her identity has never been released publicly. She provided the description of the suspect. It is very possible this suspect is deceased as I can't believe he could just disappear into thin air. I don't believe they ever identified a vehicle although they were looking for an SUV caught on camera from the Target store across the plaza. I think there is a possibility he was hired to kill someone specific and he screwed up and killed people he wasn't hired to and the person who hired him may have killed him. just a thought.

I think there is a possibility he was hired to kill someone specific and he screwed up and killed people he wasn't hired to and the person who hired him may have killed him. just a thought.

It would be interesting to know if any of the women were in the middle of a divorce or breakup, an affair or business problems.

I know they looked into the lives of all six women and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary other than the manager's connection to the church in Texas. Some things that don't add up for me still: Fingerprints recovered with no hits in any database to this day. Perfect description of the gunman but yet there have been very few if any reported sightings of individuals that resemble this person. Voice can be heard as clear as day on the 911 recording and yet nobody can recognize his voice. I still can't for the life of me understand why this case gets no publicity. There are very few news stories about this case after the five year point. I never see this case featured on any crime channels. I wonder how much of the truth we are really getting?

Can someone supply a link to the 20 minute 911 call?
Thank you in advance.

I don't think the entire call has ever been released. There have been snippets on the news, (some found on Youtube) then there was a toll free number to the Tinley Park LE line that played pieces of the killer's voice. I do not believe the number is still in service after all this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfHyG28dZ8A

I don't believe the entire call was released either, but I don't believe the call was 20 minutes long. From what I've read over time, the call came in a couple of minutes before the police arrived. I believe he had already started killing before the phone call as he wouldn't have had enough time to shoot all six women in less than two minutes and then get out without being detected. Something prompted her to call 911. Why would she risk calling 911 and being noticed if she didn't feel they were in great danger?

Oh man, thanks to everyone still posting. One of the deceased is from my hometown. This case really needs to be solved. No one here even talks about it. Props to everyone on ws for posting and keeping the story alive.

I don't believe the entire call was released either, but I don't believe the call was 20 minutes long. From what I've read over time, the call came in a couple of minutes before the police arrived. I believe he had already started killing before the phone call as he wouldn't have had enough time to shoot all six women in less than two minutes and then get out without being detected. Something prompted her to call 911. Why would she risk calling 911 and being noticed if she didn't feel they were in great danger?
He could have told the women he was going to kill them... She had been tied up but managed to loosen her hands and call 911. He found out and that's when he started killing. On the original call I remember hearing him yelling when he realized she had been using her phone. You could shoot 6 people in seconds. Then LE has the witness that told them what happened. Such a scary and terrible crime, these poor women need justice.

I don't know why but I thought they had arrested the perp of this crime a long time ago. Praying for justice!

"Fingerprints recovered with no hits in any database to this day. Perfect description of the gunman but yet there have been very few if any reported sightings of individuals that resemble this person. Voice can be heard as clear as day on the 911 recording and yet nobody can recognize his voice. I still can't for the life of me understand why this case gets no publicity. There are very few news stories about this case after the five year point. I never see this case featured on any crime channels. I wonder how much of the truth we are really getting?
"

1. One day there will be a hit on the fingerprints.
2. The right person never heard the voice, not yet anyway.
3. An active investigation requires LE to keep some info quiet to make sure when they think they may have the guy, they have a way to confirm it.
Hang in there, LE will get this guy or track him to his grave.

I've listened to the 911 call many times and I don't understand why he would say "you're lucky" to someone he was going to shoot. Did he shoot and miss someone? Did someone get away and we don't know about it? I could understand LE not releasing information like that. I just thought that was a peculiar thing to say in that circumstance.

I've listened to the 911 call many times and I don't understand why he would say "you're lucky" to someone he was going to shoot. Did he shoot and miss someone? Did someone get away and we don't know about it? I could understand LE not releasing information like that. I just thought that was a peculiar thing to say in that circumstance.

The 911 call is before the shootings. Maybe he is saying something like "you are lucky I don't kill you right now"... there was a victim that lived but the killer was not aware of that at the time as she played dead from what I understand.

I don't think the entire call has ever been released. There have been snippets on the news, (some found on Youtube) then there was a toll free number to the Tinley Park LE line that played pieces of the killer's voice. I do not believe the number is still in service after all this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfHyG28dZ8A

Yo...........relax............get over here..............something to do huh ...............who was that............setup please.......Im loosing it.........bull*****.

He has an accent.........A Jamaican/Brooklyn ty7pe accent............Especially when he says something to do huh

When he says get over here, he is talking to the caller up close........she responded but has been edited. He responding something to do huh, and asked who was that.............Then told someone to set up please.

He knew she called the police and time was short.

Some of the responses from the females have been edited out.

ADD ON... If a leo was here now i would ask if they checked with delivery services such as fedx ups and see if someone with an accent such as his quit working for them a few days a few weeks before the murders. He may have used the ruse of a delivery person because that was a job he had and was most comfortable using that method.

Yo...........relax............get over here..............something to do huh ...............who was that............setup please.......Im loosing it.........bull*****.

He has an accent.........A Jamaican/Brooklyn ty7pe accent............Especially when he says something to do huh

When he says get over here, he is talking to the caller up close........she responded but has been edited. He responding something to do huh, and asked who was that.............Then told someone to set up please.

He knew she called the police and time was short.

Some of the responses from the females have been edited out.

ADD ON... If a leo was here now i would ask if they checked with delivery services such as fedx ups and see if someone with an accent such as his quit working for them a few days a few weeks before the murders. He may have used the ruse of a delivery person because that was a job he had and was most comfortable using that method.

I've listened to this audio many times and I hear some things different from you. I'm not saying your wrong but this is what it sounds like he's saying to me:

Relax...get over here....you're such a hero, right? You're gonna die.....You're lucky.....I'm losing it....foolishness....and then something else at the end I can't make out. You're right that in between all of this there are responses from the victims that are edited out.

The first step in attempting to solve a crime is determining whether an offender is "organized" or "disorganized".
Basically, it is a simplification of the psychiatric terms “psychotic” (disorganized) and “psychopathic” (organized) which aids law enforcement in creating a profile of the offender. The idea of organized/disorganized dichotomy was developed by the FBI’s Behavioral Science Unit.

In the case of the Lane Bryan murders, the offender clearly appears to be "organized", in that he used a ruse of making a delivery, forced the victims into an area of confinement and then systematically killed them. He did not leave a weapon behind and left no other evidence that would lead directly back to him. Had he been "disorganized", his actions would not have been planned, he would have simply announced a robbery and demanded money.

Law enforcement maintains that the case is a "robbery gone bad" that led to death of five victims.

Does that assessment make sense?

Would an organized offender rob a store, first thing in the morning when the least amount of money would be present?

Would an organized offender choose to rob a store that caters to plus sized women as opposed to the myriad of other stores in the area, that would have a much wider client base, thus assuring more available money?

Would an organized offender choose to rob a store during the busiest shopping day of the week, in a mall with limited entry and exit points, across form stores such as Target, which certainly had many people coming and going at that time and if an alarm were sounded would surely lead to his being seen?.

The answer is no..an organized offender would choose a place to rob that he felt presented the best chance at the most money with the least amount of risk. An organized offender would not choose a store with limited funds at the worst possible time to score a large cash haul in an area full of curbs and turns that would hamper his escape should he be chased.

Here is an image of the shopping plaza where the Lane Bryant store was located.
Should a chase occur in here it would be a nightmare. An organized offender would not choose such a location for a simple robbery.
maxx.JPG

He would have had to have an ulterior motive for choosing that particular location.

If we look at the victims we find that the three White women appear to be "plus sized" and are exactly who you would find shopping in a Lane Bryant store. That leaves the two Black women and the mystery survivor.

If I had to guess, the offender was an acquaintance of either the manager or the mystery survivor. The other Black girl who was killed had two children at home, one of whom had Spina Bifida, which took all of her time according to her family and she rarely left home.

Well if you are saying the killer knew a victim you would probably have to rule out the manager. I feel she most likely would have said something during the 911 call. The same goes for the survivor, she could tell LE if she knew the killer. I wonder about something like the DC killer that shot someone at Michael's Craft Store, because later he planned on killing his estranged wife there. Some kinda crazy thing like that. Or he just hated fat women and wanted to kill some? Organised crime but was the end game a murder or did it just evolve quickly into murder due to the 911 call? Could he have wanted to sexually assault women that day and that was the motive?

The store manager had an interesting backstory (that has been well documented earlier in this thread). Anyone familiar with her life would know she would be in that store at that time. All of the other women were shoppers whose presence there could have been anticipated by very few. Apparently LE checked everyone out but only thought the manager might be a target. They seem to have written that off as. A dead end. That would leave " robbery gone bad" as the most likely explanation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back