AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unclear on something. Was Cassie reported missing the night she was last seen or the next day? If it was 9 something the night she went for cigarettes, I find that odd. That would mean she was gone roughly two hours.
Yes, it's quite curious, isn't it!......

Yes, it's quite curious, isn't it!......

It is my humble belief that Cassie was not reported missing until Monday morning. It is also my humble belief that it was not JC or BR who first reported her missing that Monday morning. Jmoo

latenighter, all we have is hearsay that there was activity on the night that she was alleged to have disappeared. The only concrete item we have is the police report which shows that JC filed the report the morning after Cassie was allegedly last seen.

Like many things in her case, the stories dont add up with the few facts that we have.

• In one interview with MSM, JC says she awoke at 8 pm on 9/14 and there was no sign of Cassie so she started trying to contact her but received no replies, so sent 'someone' to the PD that same night.
  • In a different interview she says she awoke at 8 am on 9/15 (the next morning) and starting calling and texting Cassie but recieved no replies. She said she then contacted the police.
  • JC said did not actually hear from or see Cassie when she thinks she heard her come in that night.
  • The last provable known sighting is at 1:30 pm on 9/13 when Cassie was picked up by HS.
  • We don't know who was actually textng from Cassie's phone the whole time she was supposedly at the TS household.
  • No one has come forward stating the saw ANYONE from the Snyder family at the Derby. No pics.
  • No one has come forward stating the saw Cassie at the Derby. No pics.
  • We don't know where DB was on 9/14
  • We don't know who made the 9/14 7:00ish pm text from Cassie's phone to HS.
  • BR called TS the night Cassie disappeared, 3 times.
  • BR told TS that he contacted PD around 9pm on 9/14, and that they told him he has to wait 72 hours to report a MP.
  • PD has not substantiated this claim, and has stated that they weren't advised of Cassie's disappearance until 9/15.

[*]The last provable known sighting is at 1:30 pm on 9/13 when Cassie was picked up by HS.

snipped

I thought some one else, a female?? picked her up Sat and took her to HS house??

Twinmama96 did state that LE stated BR was there 9/14 in one of her posts. Let me go chk for it, question is WHO told her that, she had a name but never said who told her.

ETA: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11182072

There was no documentation, at least in the police report, indicating that she was called in as missing 9/14. I dont know what Twinmom might have seen, but given the police report we have it seems like Twinmom might have been led down the primrose path as my dad used to say.

With this case-who knows what happened with most things tbh

Maybe we need to do our due diligence again and start attributing and/or linking what we have that supports our facts. I am starting to get confused as to what is conjecture and what we have as actual fact.

From your post GigTu:
  • BR called TS the night Cassie disappeared, 3 times.
  • BR told TS that he contacted PD around 9pm on 9/14, and that they told him he has to wait 72 hours to report a MP.
  • PD has not substantiated this claim, and has stated that they weren't advised of Cassie's disappearance until 9/15.

I dont think we know these things as fact-we know that they have been said. I find the 72 hour claim suspect simply because it isnt true under the law, and SPD took a missing persons report from Judy on 9/15 about 14 hours after Cassie was alleged to be missing. So clearly the 72 hour statement is untrue imo.

I wouldn't discount it just because it isn't law. I can't tell you how many times I've been to LE myself with a family asking LE to show me the 24/48 hr rule in the books or give me a MP REPORT on paper. Last case was Sept & missing man was found deceased, was already when family first tried to report him missing. Happens all too often unfortunately.

From your post GigTu:

I dont think we know these things as fact-we know that they have been said. I find the 72 hour claim suspect simply because it isnt true under the law, and SPD took a missing persons report from Judy on 9/15 about 14 hours after Cassie was alleged to be missing. So clearly the 72 hour statement is untrue imo.

Yeah, if BR DID say that he probably got it off a tv show or something. I find it very suspect.

I wouldn't discount it just because it isn't law. I can't tell you how many times I've been to LE myself with a family asking LE to show me the 24/48 hr rule in the books or give me a MP REPORT on paper. Last case was Sept & missing man was found deceased, was already when family first tried to report him missing. Happens all too often unfortunately.

But does it happen with children/teens? Or just adults? I can see a lot of police departments not being willing to file a MP report on someone over 18 (which is a shame). But a 15 year old?

But does it happen with children/teens? Or just adults? I can see a lot of police departments not being willing to file a MP report on someone over 18 (which is a shame). But a 15 year old?

I honestly don't know what to believe, if BR did go to LE to report her missing did he say "Cassie ran away again" or did he say "Cassie is missing".

How many times had she been reported to LE as missing or a runaway before?

If they're known runaways or don't have strict rules you'll see it. Some LE see teens over 14 as allowed to do as they want. Where I live in NY if a child is over 14 & not in danger their parent can't force them to come home. My sister is CPS & she says it causes a lot of issues with foster kids & repeat runaways. BUT most times the LE on beat that know the kids will intervene & say if they know the kids ok & in a safe place or needs to be looked for. Had a young girl (15-16) on seizure meds run away from a situation at home that didn't even involve parents, she was just scared of someone & had to have meds daily. LE refused to look for her because she was on camera the day before at a 7-11 on her own accord. Volunteers had to work the streets with fliers & SM to get the message to her that she was safe to come home & the persons she was scared of wasn't in the neighborhood anymore.

I honestly don't know what to believe, if BR did go to LE to report her missing did he say "Cassie ran away again" or did he say "Cassie is missing".

How many times had she been reported to LE as missing or a runaway before?

Agreed. On top of this-of the times she ran away 1- how many were reported? 2-when were they reported? 3-how do they compare to this time? 4- what made JC & BR act differently about this time?

You know, that is a thought, if BR did indeed go to LE that evening and said something like Cassie has runaway again, if her previous history was known to LE, they very well could have indicated to wait it out some, since she came back previous times. But now that she is REALLY missing , I bet no one would admit to it, if it had occurred like that.

(I was remembering how LE was exasperated over BD's 911 call to LE re SA, 'it's her AGAIN? ...remember that?)

You know, that is a thought, if BR did indeed go to LE that evening and said something like Cassie has runaway again, if her previous history was known to LE, they very well could have indicated to wait it out some, since she came back previous times. But now that she is REALLY missing , I bet no one would admit to it, if it had occurred like that.

(I was remembering how LE was exasperated over BD's 911 call to LE re SA, 'it's her AGAIN? ...remember that?)

I DO remember that..gotta love those small town police. ;)

This question is obviously rhetorical, but why was BR in charge of figuring out Cassie's whereabouts and (supposedly) going to the police station? Why the heck was her mom not doing this? Strange. :(

I get what you are saying, but they did take the report as soon as Judy reported her on 9/15. So I am skeptical about the BR stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88