Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/9-1/12 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Defense has nothing. No real witnesses. A few shady characters who are paid to testify on behalf of Arias. Deanna, the love of Travis' life was abused? Is this how pathetic their case really is? What a joke.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 14s15 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- Smith testified he only needed a few hours with this hard drive and now he states it takes 10-14 days. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 33s33 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- Saying Smith can find more *advertiser censored* if he had time is speculative. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 15s15 seconds ago
#jodiarias atty: state called Arias a liar when she said she saw Travis looking at child *advertiser censored* on his computer.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 18s19 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
The Bishop said there were pop up ads on his computer from *advertiser censored*. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 19s20 seconds ago
Psst.... Nurmi, if you want the jury to get a full pic of who #JodiArias was b4 Travis, play parents police tapes.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 18s18 seconds ago
Nurmi claims someone would have testified #TravisAlexander admitted to viewing child *advertiser censored*. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 24s24 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi- We have one out of the country that says TA was abusive to a prior girlfriend and he confessed his pedophilia #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy retweeted
CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 3m3 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
Arias attorney tells Judge Stevens, "pursuit of death penalty in this case is not lawful"#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

Now I'm calling Nurmi a liar.

JA never said she saw TA view child *advertiser censored* on his computer.

She claimed it was a sailing piece of chaotic paper.

Remember!?!

Thanks for your response Frigga. With so much going on, it’s impossible to remember everything correctly all the time but I’m glad to know that if a judge is rescued, the trial would just continue.

I found an interesting article titled “Deciding Recusal Motions, Who Judges the Judges” which stated in part, “Judicial impartiality is a significant element of justice. Judges should decide legal disputes free of any personal bias or prejudice. As a result of a conflict of interest, a judge may be unable to maintain impartiality in a case and thus should be disqualified. Even where a judge is impartial, but appears not to be, recusal is necessary.”

I think any reasonable person following this case couldn’t deny at the very least, that Sherry gives the appearance of being bias.

Red by me. I disagree. I don't think she's biased in the least, I think she's trying very hard to preserve this verdict on appeal. She's proceeding with caution.

No.

She does not. I guarantee you KN and JW think she is biased against the defense.

She said no video until after the verdict unless she makes a special exception.

Or perhaps it could be recharacterized as "allocution." Or Juan could use video from the prior trial as cross if she didn't say anything new.

BBM - If she refuses to testify, then it seems to me like Juan should get to present evidence to contradict what she said there without the defense being able to challenge it. If the defense wants to challenge it, she can answer Juan's questions and then the defense can redirect.

We'd get a real Rumpelstiltskin act from KN over that, so more likely is that JSS allows it to stand as the first 2% of her allocution I bet.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 10s11 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- Smith is a "Johnny Come Lately Expert" He's never even been noticed in any pleadings #jodiarias #3tvarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 1m1 minute ago
Are the witnesses refusing to testify on their own or was it heavily suggested to them? #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 18s19 seconds ago
JM on defense computer experts: "he's a johnny-come-lately kind of expert" #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 4s4 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- He's had more than the 2 hours he stated he needed #jodiarias #3tvarias

@monicalindstrom: Are the witnesses refusing to testify on their own or was it heavily suggested to them? #JodiArias

Gee, I wonder. 14 witnesses all refusing to testify? Give me a break.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 10s11 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- Smith is a "Johnny Come Lately Expert" He's never even been noticed in any pleadings #jodiarias #3tvarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 1m1 minute ago
Are the witnesses refusing to testify on their own or was it heavily suggested to them? #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 18s19 seconds ago
JM on defense computer experts: "he's a johnny-come-lately kind of expert" #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 4s4 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- He's had more than the 2 hours he stated he needed #jodiarias #3tvarias

Gee Monica, ya think??

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 9s9 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- This is changing horses in midstream and there is no prejudice against Jodi Arias #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 14s15 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- Smith testified he only needed a few hours with this hard drive and now he states it takes 10-14 days. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 33s33 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- Saying Smith can find more *advertiser censored* if he had time is speculative. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Its not if the DT's client PUT it there!

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 11s12 seconds ago
because he can't cross examiine it. #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 8s9 seconds ago
Martinez says there's video of the "secret testimony' that could be used. And he even admits it hurts prosecution. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 12s13 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- No attempts to subpoena these witness have been done. There no evidence if you subpoena them they won't be truthful as Nurmi states

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 20s20 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan says he wants the affidavits of these witnesses because he doesn't have them. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Too bad Juan didn't say there is no evidence these others would be any less truthful than the rest of the defense witnesses.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 21s22 seconds ago
JM: they at least have to make a good faith effort to find another way and there's no evidence they did. #JodiArias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 16s16 seconds ago
each of 14 reluctant witnesses can send in a video or audiotape or affidavit, says prosecutor #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 16s16 seconds ago
even if state had disclosed 2008 hard drive it wouldn't have affected case, says prosecutor.#jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 19s20 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan is asking this motion be denied #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 45s46 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
These 14 witness haven't been proffered in the first trial. Get a videotape of these people, don't show faces but give a good faith effort.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 20s20 seconds ago
Nurmi's back. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 25s26 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Court is inquiring about mirror image that Melendez made and a report #jodiarias #3tvarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 38s39 seconds ago
Martinez wraps up by asking the motion be denied. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 25s26 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan- Geffner met with this out of the country witness and he told Geffner TA abused Deanna Reid #jodiarias #3tvarias

What a load of carp. He could have put Deanna on the witness stand - I bet she'd be glad to testify again. She was stellar in round one. I'm surprised he didn't put her on his witness list just so she couldn't sit in the courtroom with the Alexander family during this fiasco.

From MK Twitter:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 8s 9 seconds ago

Nurmi calls #JodiArias the "most crucial witness of all."

Calls her mentally ill.

Says court cannot claim she waived her right to mitigation

:rolleyes: OMG ... now JA is "mentally ill" ... get it right, Nurmi, she is pure evil !

Considering the source, if Nurmi says it, it just ain't so.

If I wanted to testify for a good friend that was facing death row, I WOULD DO SO. It would not matter if it was in public, like ALL murder trials are.

Pretty interesting that NO ONE wants their testimony to be seen or heard by anyone. They must not feel that great about their testimony, imo.

From MK Twitter:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 4m 4 minutes ago

Martinez: "There has been no prejudice to the defendant...They changed horses in midstream." #JodiArias

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 2m 2 minutes ago

Judge Stephens asks Martinez about a police report re hard drive that he mentioned at the bench yesterday."

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 2m 2 minutes ago

Did he mention a mirror image of the hard drive in 2008? "I don't know," Martinez says.

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 1m 1 minute ago

"I do remember they asked him what he found on the hard drive," Martinez said.

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 50s 51 seconds ago

Nurmi gets rebuttal.

From MK:

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 9s 10 seconds ago

Nurmi says there are now 14 witnesses who will refuse to testify because the Courth of Appeals forbade secret testimony. #JodiArias

-----OFGS ... quit whining Nurmi !
So then, is his case over??? (Smilies not working- I hope, I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth