France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. If and if she was there. What worries me if she wasn't this isn't over. Yet. IMO.

I kinda think "she" now, is a big problem, but this is just a beginning. Cause no matter what we all say, just like Boston, a couple of dudes, a pressure cooker, a gun, false beliefs and poof, huge cities are paralyzed, just wait until someone messes with someones power grid --- talk about a mess

I wonder since Hayat Boumeddiene has fled, this could lead to another lockdown like in the Boston area with the Tsarnaev brothers.

I kinda think "she" now, is a big problem, but this is just a beginning. Cause no matter what we all say, just like Boston, a couple of dudes, a pressure cooker, a gun, false beliefs and poof, huge cities are paralyzed, just wait until someone messes with someones power grid --- talk about a mess

A CF more like.

A search "paris attack" 257,000,000 results

"paris" 1,850,000,000 results

"Charlie Hebdo" 111,000,000 results

second biggest serarch in france
Hayet Boumediene

I wonder since Hayat Boumeddiene has fled, this could lead to another lockdown like in the Boston area with the Tsarnaev brothers.

god I hope not, i will never forget the headline "Captured". Captured, he was not captured - after 125,989 LE ran all over the city , for 12 hours, invading innocnent citizens right to privacy, a dude who is addicted to nicotine, stepped outside, saw some blood, pushed a 9 and a 1 and then 1 and poof.

If he had quit smoking a year earlier, who knows!!!!!!!!!!!

SKY news the store assualt happened 17 minutes after print shop

[h=2]Pro-Israel rally scrapped in Amsterdam over security concerns following Paris attacks, organizer says - @Jerusalem_Post[/h]

Hi Hat!

I have no idea what it means when they say remain vigilant-- what does that mean!!!

Hello Cariis.,

Being "Vigilant" is somewhat nebulous, so I understand your confusion.

What it means to be AWARE and observant of your surroundings at all times and if you see anything suspicous that looks like it could be terrorist activity, then do not be afraid to call LE to have them check it out.

It reminds me of the previous article that you may have shared with us that described how the neighbor of the 2 guys actually got suspicous and went into his apartment while they went shopping because they seemed to be up to no good. The only problem is they did not take the next step and call LE when they saw the guns. There were also other neighbors of his that became aware that those 2 acted strangely by praying extremely loudly. The neighbors all took the 1st steps of being "vigilant" but the 2nd critical step would have been to act on that suspicoun. And it does NOT mean to take matters into your own hands. It means to call LE if you witness and become aware of someone who is behaving like a terrorist would.

It is not easy to be "vigilant" because it requires of us those main 2 things. 1st--being aware, and 2nd---taking some law abiding action if necessary.

Both steps we are not good at. For #1, we typically do not do that and we typically walk around with our IPODS and Phones to our ears and we dont pay attention to our surroundings. And even if we are good at #1, we usually fail at #2. Most of us dont want to get involved with anything. We mind our own business and do not like to go outside our norms.

In this day and age, we must be vigilant and become good at both #1 + #2. We cannot be afraid of failure if we call LE about a suspicous neighbor and they turn out to just be a normal but very odd person. LE would not be upset if we made an honest mistake trying to do the right thing.

Hope this helps Cariis.

Remember all the Catholics who hunted down and opened fire on the artist and museum staff where the exhibit of the Virgin covered with elephant dung was displayed?

Me neither.

Remember the German sailors who rendered honors to one of our warships when passing us at sea after 9/11, by flying our flag and standing at parade rest with their covers over their hearts?

Me too.

So I've been French since the attack on Charlie Hebon.

Vive la France.

"I’d rather die standing than live on my knees." - Stephane ('Charb') Charbonnier
August 21, 1967 - January 7, 2015

"It reminds me of the previous article that you may have shared with us that described how the neighbor of the 2 guys actually got suspicous and went into his apartment while they went shopping because they seemed to be up to no good. The only problem is they did not take the next step and call LE when they saw the guns."

But the rest of the story is the brothers returned to find the neighbors inside their apartment! They threatened their lives if they went to police and the neighbors were terrified they would be killed.

"It reminds me of the previous article that you may have shared with us that described how the neighbor of the 2 guys actually got suspicous and went into his apartment while they went shopping because they seemed to be up to no good. The only problem is they did not take the next step and call LE when they saw the guns."

But the rest of the story is the brothers returned to find the neighbors inside their apartment! They threatened their lives if they went to police and the neighbors were terrified they would be killed.

Right and we must overcome those types of fears. Think of the lives that could have been saved if either of the neighbors had notified LE and they were arrested and put behind bars.

I already said it is not easy and we typically are not good at being vigilant. But if we are going to be able to help stop the next incident, we must do better.

I have added edits to the translation linked as things were missing or mistranslated

Kouachi: All we are telling you is that we are the defenders of the prophet ... and that
I was sent, me, Cherif Kouachi, by al-Qaeda to Yemen.
Sahiri: Okay.
Kouachi: And I went there and it was Anwar al-Awlaki who financed me.
Sahiri: Okay, and this was how long ago, about?
Kouachi: It was before he was killed [something inaudible].
Sahiri: Okay, so you came back to France not long ago?
Kouachi: No, it’s been a long time [something inaudible]. The secret service don't worry I know them well. I know very well how I was able to do things so well (air of pride and arrogance and secrecy in voice)
Sahiri: Okay, and there, it’s just the two of you — you and your brother?
Kouachi: That is not your problem.
Sahiri: Are there people behind you or not?
Kouachi: That, that is not your problem.
Sahiri: Okay. And are you planning to kill again in the name of Allah or not?
Kouachi: Kill who?
Sahiri: I don’t know. It’s a question I'm asking.
Kouachi: Did we kill civilians, in the two days you were looking for us?
Sahiri: You killed journalists.
Kouachi: No, but did we kill civilians or people, in the two days you were looking for us? (tries to end conversation)
Sahiri: Cherif, did you kill anyone this morning?
Kouachi: No, we are not murderers. We are the defenders of the Prophet, we don’t kill, we don’t kill women, we don’t kill anyone. We defend the Prophet those who offend him we can kill, it’s not a problem. But we don’t kill women. We're not like you, not like you. It is you who kill children and muslims in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, that's you, that's not us! we have codes of honour we do, in Islam.
Sahiri: Yes but here you took revenge though didn't you. You killed 12 people.
Kouachi: That’s right, well-said. We've had our revenge. There you go. You said it yourself.

Kouachi: No, it’s been a long time [something inaudible]. The secret service don't worry I know them well. I know very well how I was able to do things so well (air of pride and arrogance and secrecy in voice)

^^ this is the working of a paranoid mind, he managed to have more freedom upon returning to Paris than he expected, and instead of putting that down to good luck or simply inefficient government departments, he decides he was 'aided' by the secret service.

Reading between the lines is interesting, there are a few giveaways in that.

I don't think we really understand the mind of the extremists yet, the way our politicians speak of these incidents bears little resemblance to the truth IMO, I don't understand it either, but I feel like I need to throw out everything I thought I knew and start again with an open mind and try and gain some insight.

I have seen some wonderful editorials, statements, and fittingly, cartoons, from various Muslim media outlets.

I want to draw attention to #jesuisahmed - a hashtag gaining attention in honor of the French Muslim Ahmed Meramet, member of the police forces, who died a brutal death while in service of laws that uphold the freedom to make a mockery of his faith. Such a sad irony, to lose his life to those who make claim to be co-religionists of his.

May Ahmed serve as an example of why terror ultimately will not win. Not only is it wrong, but it inevitably hurts everyone -including the very people you might hope to "help".

RIP to all who lost their lives. And may we all learn to deal more lovingly with one another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ghbourhood-Charlie-Hebdo-offices-located.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the video of his murder. I will never forget it and feel so deeply saddened by how fearful he was as he saw his life coming to an obvious end.

This was not about cartoons or retribution. Rather it was part of a larger strategy. These unhinged jihadis don't care about fellow Muslims, or the Prophet, or religion. They are, in my view, forward deployed assets of those who don't want to confront the US and Western world directly, and wage war by proxy. These attacks will continue and I suspect that, ultimately, 9/11 will look like a dress rehearsal.

^^ this is the working of a paranoid mind, he managed to have more freedom upon returning to Paris than he expected, and instead of putting that down to good luck or simply inefficient government departments, he decides he was 'aided' by the secret service.

Reading between the lines is interesting, there are a few giveaways in that.

I don't think we really understand the mind of the extremists yet, the way our politicians speak of these incidents bears little resemblance to the truth IMO, I don't understand it either, but I feel like I need to throw out everything I thought I knew and start again with an open mind and try and gain some insight.

Adjust the accent and the dialogue sounds like it could belong in a scene from The GodFather. imo

"In the past year 7,000 Jews have already left France and after this there will be many thousands more. We are not safe in France any more. There is no future for Jews here in France . We are finished in France."
Quoting myself.
This statement really upsets me. 'We are finished in France." How are people being made to feel this way in this advanced time? I want to say in reply "YOU are France!" How can this happen? Smh

Because these people will not assimilate, become part of the culture of the country they move to. These people want to assimilate YOU, put you under sharia law, shove women into burquas, and have beheadings in the town square. The Jews understand this.

We have to realize the world is going through a time of change; the world/civilization as we know it really did end, but most of us were too busy watching TV, etc, to notice all the little hints.

I saw the video of his murder. I will never forget it and feel so deeply saddened by how fearful he was as he saw his life coming to an obvious end.

This was not about cartoons or retribution. Rather it was part of a larger strategy. These unhinged jihadis don't care about fellow Muslims, or the Prophet, or religion. They are, in my view, forward deployed assets of those who don't want to confront the US and Western world directly, and wage war by proxy. These attacks will continue and I suspect that, ultimately, 9/11 will look like a dress rehearsal.

I agree with that, we need to get a grip on the reality of what is going on with these terrorists before it is too late.

Adjust the accent and the dialogue sounds like it could belong in a scene from The GodFather. imo

In his paranoid dreams right?

I find the anti-semitism particularly revolting with wenophobia nt far behind, someone at school told my daughter to go back to Armenia, I just said its pronounced England.

I posted this video earlier. Other are saying it is the terrorist at about 30 seconds in:

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-di...rs-de-l-assaut-porte-de-vincennes_793119.html

And I can't believe the people inside and to the left were right freaking there where the police went in. I would have turned myself inside out.

Here is uncensored version so you can see them take that out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKWtDn0RMYg
Wow! That got his I'd say. Good work French LEO.

Good morning, I did not sleep much at all.

Here's hoping they find Hayat B and anyone else involved very quickly. Press is stating she may not have been in the kosher store but was there for the killing of the policewoman.

Can't find much info on her yet - she is from a family of 7 children I read. She was put into foster care from an early age when her mother died. "Married" Coulibaly in 2009. Her father went to the station of his own accord to testify. He doesn't believe her involved.

Not that I read these newspapers, ahem:
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/une-compagne-tres-religieuse-10-01-2015-4434897.php
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-killer-armed-dangerous-run-police-warn.html

I hear Coulibaly has 9 sisters, I feel for them today. I can't imagine.
psychiatric expert in 2002 said he was immature and psychopathic, very low sense of morality, in search of power http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...suspect-de-la-prise-d-otages-de-vincennes.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member