France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but I mean how do they not know? aren't there flight records? She should have been flagged years ago from her conversation with police were they realised she was radicalised.

I have all those same questions! If she is using a cellphone shouldn't it be rather easy to see where she called from? And to track her passport? If not, they need to fix that system ASAP!

yes but I mean how do they not know? aren't there flight records? She should have been flagged years ago from her conversation with police were they realised she was radicalised.

Judging from pics of female in bikini and burka, her strength is probably in her ability to change appearance.
If LE stop women with covered heads and faces, they will be accused of religious profiling...
The girlfriend might even be in a blonde wig, or disguised as a man.
In an earlier news item posted, it said the boyfriend/husband was going to take a new wife, (will see if i can find that link again) if, true- authorities should ask her where female accomplice is, she would probably tell! imo

ETA..
rbbm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30760975
"Le Parisien says Hayat Boumeddiene married 32-year-old Coulibaly in an Islamic religious ceremony in 2009 - a partnership which isn't recognised by French law.

It also reports he intended to take a second wife."

MINUTE OF SILENCE FOR THE VICTIMS REFUSED BY MUSLIM STUDENTS

NRP summarizes a report by Le Figaro
http://www.nieuwreligieuspeil.net/node/5805
http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...de-silence-qui-ont-derape-dans-les-ecoles.php

Translation

In schools and high schools in France many students and pupils of Muslim origin refused to participate in a minute of silence to commemorate the victims of the attacks in Paris.
In regions where religious tensions run high, teachers have cancelled the minute of silence in order to avoid problems.

A professor of philosophy in Esonne "I did not succeed in starting a discussion." A student in Lille told his teacher that he would stumble over a Kalashnikov.
At a primary school in Seine-Saint Denis 80% of the students refused to participate in a minute of silence. The teacher tried to iniciate a discussion, "several of them have conspiracy theories."
A sixth grade student: "Do you understand it or not? They should not attempt to draw the Prophet."
A student of the third class in the 13th arrondissement of Paris: "Madam, it is not possible to skip the minute of silence? I do not want to be with people like that."
In this class there were eight students who rejected the national day of mourning.
In a lecture in Roubaix with 400 students a loud buzz was made at the start of the minute of silence.
The teacher: "I was greeted by students who said: "I'm with the ones who killed them."

BBM

This directly points to the thoughts, ideas, and ideology being taught to them by their parents.

For anyone who thinks that only the terrorists have distorted views, this is proof of the widespread "sickness" in the teachings the kids are getting at home and elsewhere.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/unmournable-bodies?intcid=mod-latest

This was an interesting article in the New Yorker. Mrs G had gotten me thinking with her post up thread about "poking the bear".

Sometimes I think it comes down to cultural, education and worldly exposure that helps us develop broader thinking, tolerance and acceptance. If you grow up in a bubble, never leave that bubble and are surrounded by people who grew up in that bubble, what chance do you have of ever knowing anything different than that bubble? How is this ever fixed or changed?

I believe some people have blood lust. I believe some are just born twisted. There is something wrong when the sperm hits the egg and it just grows.

I also believe that some of these imams are 'Jim Jones.' They are possibly some form of a charismatic sociopath.

(For those who have never heard of him. Jim Jones was a cult leader. He led the 'Peoples Temple,' in Guyana. The 'church' was actually a cult and Jim Jones a dangerous sociopath. A total of 912 (were either murderers, victims or committed suicide) Jim Jones, himself, brings the total to 913 out of which 276 were children.)
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199203/the-truth-about-jonestown

The imams that run madrasas tend to be extremist. Everyone knows that people have used religion to manipulate people into doing horrific things. My father told me to always read things for myself and not just listen to the person teaching. When someone with horrific intentions gets in charge, terrible things happen. Hitler is an excellent example of what happens when a whack job takes control. I believe it is the madrasa imams in behind all of this. There are some monsters that gain great delight in manipulation and I am quite sure that their are those that feel pleasure when people murder for them or kill themselves (suicide bombers) and others.

Just as the ayatollahs manipulate and control Persia, the wahabbis want to control the world!!!! People have always tried world domination and unfortunately those that are in need(for whatever reason), are manipulated more easily. In the US the president has to always be a faithful Christian/Catholic, these days. Remember President Obama had to prove he wasn't a closet Muslim. The same as in Persia. The Ayatollah always has to be the most faithful Muslim. The monarchy, in England knew this. How many kings of England had the bible remade with his name on. (http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/The-King-James-Bible/)

It takes a certain type of individual to preach murder and suicide to children... They need to close the madrasas. No one should have access to children who preaches hate, murder, and suicide.

I didn't write this to offend. Hope I didn't.

Judging from pics of female in bikini and burka, her strength is probably in her ability to change appearance.
If LE stop women with covered heads and faces, they will be accused of religious profiling...
In an earlier news item posted, it said the boyfriend/husband was going to take a new wife, (will see if i can find that link again) if, true- authorities should ask her where female accomplice is, she would probably tell! imo

Yes but I am talking about her flying out to Syria via Turkey and France, she has a passport and a name, no matter her appearance. I don't get why she was not flagged when she was observed to be radicalised in 2010. I dunno.

Some have suggested she looks drugged..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/charli...boumeddiene-hunted-by-french-police-1.2896462

"Hayat Boumeddiene, 26, wed Amedy Coulibaly in an Islamic religious ceremony in July 2009 — a union not recognized by French law. Coulibaly was killed by police Friday, and a circular distributed by French police said Boumeddiene should be considered dangerous and potentially armed.

She is the possible key to helping authorities dismantle what could be a terrorist network."

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/unmournable-bodies?intcid=mod-latest

This was an interesting article in the New Yorker. Mrs G had gotten me thinking with her post up thread about "poking the bear".

Sometimes I think it comes down to cultural, education and worldly exposure that helps us develop broader thinking, tolerance and acceptance. If you grow up in a bubble, never leave that bubble and are surrounded by people who grew up in that bubble, what chance do you have of ever knowing anything different than that bubble? How is this ever fixed or changed?

such true true words Zuri

Time to start profiling, IMO. In fact, WAY past time.

I believe some people have blood lust. I believe some are just born twisted. There is something wrong when the sperm hits the egg and it just grows.

(very respectfully snipped for space)

Oh boy thanks for the giggle :floorlaugh:

Right, that was my impression of what she was quoted as saying that he was all about fun, excitable, while his lawyer and the landlord gave the impression of his being low key and her the operator. What to make of it in terms of what she'd do next? She has a lot family she'd probably avoid? She may be more of a hot potato than a point of honor for the rads?

The pictures of the man running with his child, who had lost a boot and you can see his little foot, just reduces me to tears. The fear that father must have had for his son and the lack of control he had over the situation is one of the most horrendous situations I can imagine as a parent.

And the story of how one hostage was shot after a very heroic attempt to shoot the sad excuse for a human holding them hostage...just heartbreaking...what courage in face of fear. It is a loss for the world when someone like that is taken out by a coward. And the two victims we have seen thus far were so young, just beginning their lives really :(

How do they not know where his wife is?!? If they have phone records, shouldn't they be able to see where the calls were coming from?

I so agree. Also, The pics of the women running out of the store with sheer terror on their faces evoked memories of those seen on 9/11. Gut wrenching.

The shooters in France were driven by Islam in the same way the Tim McVeigh was driven by Christianity. Both are the product of an ideological fringe well outside the mainstream of their faith.

I agree although there is a big difference. People like Tim McVeigh (who was essentially a white supremist type who was against the Government) are very few in numbers as compared to muslim extremists who have huge numbers. Count the number of incidents of the Tim types VS the number of incidents of Muslim extremists.

I think it is safe to say that most all recent terrorist activity has been with crazy radical muslims.

I so agree. Also, The pics of the women running out of the store with sheer terror on their faces evoked memories of those seen on 9/11. Gut wrenching.

It was shocking to watch that video of the final moments when the gunman tried to run out. Kudos to the French policeman who faced the danger and did their job. They did wonderful and with few innocent caught in crossfire casualties.

Im not even sure if any innocents were even hit by accidental crossfire as they killed him as he tried to run out. The policeman were great.

If that's your standard for "promoting violence", then so does Christianity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christianity has a history that includes violence. But we can't argue that its prophet went on missions of imperialism or mass conversion, established a tax on non-believers who don't convert, wielded a sword, or took women as possessions. Nor can we say Jesus penned the Bible. And while some Christians might believe the US and Western democracy is rooted in Christianity, the US and Western democracies, though they may vary in how religion interfaces with their governments, do not mandate submission to a state religion.

Islam has a history of violence, it's governments under Islamic law are tyrannies that limit freedom and impose restriction on private behavior under the law, and deny democratic processes, viewing women as extensions of their husbands and male family members. Clerics and Imams are part of government and provide instruction as to how the masses shall behave under law, including non-Muslims. Islam's prophet is said to have delivered the Quran. Because scores of Muslims reject the tyranny established by Islamic governments and advanced by violence-promoting religious leadership, and because they do not embrace particular sections of Quran, or have adopted modern secular practices, does not change Islamic law, it's source, or the ongoing violence under the direction of religious leadership.

Modernity and secular principles of liberty advanced by the West, and implemented by democratic governments, is why elephant dung can be hung on the Virgin Mary, or Christ can be displayed in sexually provocative positions, and Christians don't take up arms and slaughter those engaging in the 'offensive' speech. In fact, the writings of Western political philosophers who informed the documents that frame our democracy stipulate that it is in fact the most offensive and provocative speech that must be protected and allowed a place in the marketplace of idea.

Charb said that of all the satires and all the ridicule of politicians and religions the publication printed, the only threats of violence came from the Islamic world.

At some point, that has to be considered. JMO

Nothing like commentary from Brigitte Gabriel the day after a terror attack. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong