GUILTY AL - DaKota Burke, 20 mos, tortured, beaten to death, Semmes, 31 Dec 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
055f181e-bbd2-4c94-bec7-fc124fd8ab37_zps24b6c52a.jpg

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/mcso_mother_found_20-month-old.html

The mother of 20-month-old DaKota Burke first discovered the little girl unresponsive in bed at 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 31, according to spokeswoman Lori Myles. DaKota was initially taken to Providence Hospital but then transferred to the trauma unit at USA Medical Center when the extent of her injuries became apparent.

Deputies observed DaKota and saw bruises and burns all over her body. The child's hands, feet and face were burned. There was noticeable trauma to the face and head of the child. DaKota died on Jan. 8, at 4:30 p.m. at USAMC...

According to Mobile County marriage records, DaKota's mother Summer Everett got married on Jan. 12.

http://fox10tv.com/2015/01/12/breaking-news-search-warrant-conducted-at-home-of-dead-toddler/

FOX10 News has learned that a search warrant was conducted on the home of Dakota Burke-Everett. Investigators confirm the search warrant was executed on January 7, around 1:30 p.m. That was one day before DaKota died in the hospital...

Dakota lived at the home with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend. Officials say the two were not home at the time of the search warrant. FOX10 News can also confirm DaKota’s mother and her boyfriend were married at the Mobile County Courthouse Monday afternoon, January 12...

“It is very, very frustrating not having any arrests, not having any answers, and it’s been this long. We all hope that something (was) found there (during the search warrant execution), because with their recent update on them getting married at the courthouse today, too, that shortens the chances of people being accused or found out on what really happened,” said a family member of DaKota, who wanted to remain anonymous. “The mother’s not going to (have to) testify, that’s really cutting out some chances. It just shows that they’re hiding something.”

Sickening. And, they got married. What in the world...

http://fox10tv.com/2015/01/12/investigators-interviews-beginning-in-toddler-death/

He said, “That 20 month old child could not report the horrible horrific abuse she was experiencing. But, you know what? Somebody, a neighbor, a family member, a friend, someone maybe at the day care, someone should have been reporting this.”

Family members who wanted to remain anonymous told Fox Ten News in a phone interview last week they didn’t notice any signs of abuse until just a few weeks before the incident.

One said, “Never once when I saw her, did it seem like it, until the last time I did see her, something just didn’t seem right, she didn’t feel like her. Just the look in her eyes, she just looked empty, she looked lost.”

Beyond all comprehension and understanding.

Just when you think it can't get any worse.

What a beautiful precious little girl.

I. Just. Can't.

:tears:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely horrible! This precious child deserved so much more out of life.

How horrible [emoji24] poor darling. Rip little angel.

I just dont get it. You look at her pictures, and she appears well-loved and cared for....what the heck happens???

I just dont get it. You look at her pictures, and she appears well-loved and cared for....what the heck happens???

Mom lets a monster into the home, disguised as a BF. It happens all too often. :(

http://www.thecallnews.com/92091/1592/breaking-news-couple-charged-with-murder

A Semmes couple that married on Monday was arrested Wednesday and charged with murder in connection with the death of the woman’s 20-month-old daughter, authorities said.

The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office arrested Christopher Jay Knapp, 24, and Summer Karleigh Everett, 22, both of 7152 North Wood Drive in Semmes, according to MCSO spokesperson Lori Myles.

Knapp and Everett were charged with aggravated child abuse and murder, according to online jail records.

Mom lets a monster into the home, disguised as a BF. It happens all too often. :(

yes, you are so right, OkieGranny...I knew before I finished the article that it was going to be a mom's boyfriend. I am just sick and &%$#*! tired of women putting their own needs and wants before those of their little ones. God is caring for little DaKota now...no more tears or hurts or abuses.

Sickening. And, they got married. What in the world...

OMG and I just re-read the article ... these two crazies got married AFTER the little girl died from the abuse?? And who in their right mind would choose that ugly mug over that beautiful little baby girl anyway? I must be in a bad frame of mind this morning...this one is really making me ANGRY :banghead: Lord, help me.

How precious that she married the killer of her own baby. This woman deserves as much scorn as the piece of excrement she allowed in her home. Sickening.

They thought they would have spousal privilege in regards to testifying against one another. jmvho. Because they are stupid as well as being evil.

Word to the wise then-if you think your little baby loved one isnt right or has been abused SPEAK UP.

I guess I hope that the attempt at cover-up as demonstrated by the marriage will bump this to a first degree case....it sure looks like a special circumstances situation. Maybe that is why they were charged the way they were.

maybe they figure if they are married neither can be forced to testify against the other. Don't know the law in AL but in some states that is a real "thing"

The timing of the marriage right after the death and just prior to charges being filed tells me the BF didn't suddenly decide he couldn't live without mama. Except for maybe he figures if he makes her dream of wedded bliss come true it will prevent her from testifying what he did to that baby girl. People suck.

Agreed...empty, evil people suck. 818 - I couldn't agree more...it baffles & disgusts me how many cases you hear of that involve babies/toddlers and single woman with "boyfriends". Is it really that easy to manipulate a mom to join in or ignore abuse of her baby? And yet it happens over & over again because these women are so desperate for a boyfriend ??!@!! God make it stop.
I have been a single mom for 18 years...divorced when my daughter was 2. I can't fathom for a second not protecting, loving, supporting and thanking God daily for the blessing of my daughter.
These stories are mind blowing.

I agree with those who have guessed these two cretins got married in an attempt to be protected from testifying against one another.

:( this world is so sad and lost.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/dakota_burkes_mother_slapped_b.html

Summer Everett, who is charged with murder in the death of her 20-month-old daughter DaKota Burke, had a run-in with another inmate shortly after arriving at the Mobile County Metro Jail on Wednesday evening...

Mobile County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Lori Myles said Everett was 'hit or slapped' by another inmate as Everett was being booked, but no major injury occurred. Myles said the incident happened in the intake room, which is a small area inside the jail where the inmates are booked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back