MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
She also said that JC left Leah's house early and that LC (Mom) made it okay. I thought that was odd, court deals or plea deals are usually set in writing. Wondering if her dad (BC) used some influence with the police? KWIM?

I read here that things are different in small towns. I believe it.

WAIT...Lisa hasn't heard about the supposed party?:thinking:
That means Lisa hasn't seen the local news videos or Shashas interview/

I feel so bad critiquing LC's interview. But it doesn't add up. But it isn't going to solve the crime either.
She made a big deal about "whoa, what are you talking about - what party, etc".
It's just off. But she's not the guilty one. But something is off there.

Where are the apologies for those who mentioned Leah's House weeks ago?

not on her mother's request. as part of a deal with the DA or the court so her mom would not press charges. she was begging to come home the first few days and did leave LH early, ultimately.
what would make you call the cops or press charges against your own child?

Lisa said she was instrumental in the deal for Jess to go to LH. I think that's why she called the police; to get their help sending Jess somewhere.

Lisa said she was instrumental in the deal for Jess to go to LH. I think that's why she called the police; to get their help sending Jess somewhere.

yes, and she also said she agreed not to press charges once JC agreed to go to Leah's House. So, in that case, the charges were dropped so the deal was between mom and daughter. unless JC was on deferred judgment/sentencing and Leah's House was a condition of her probation and legally binding.
the cops can't send JC anywhere - only the court/DA can. so there were charges at some point.

right. so if she loved it, why did she leave early?
and you don't call the cops on your kid bc they are flinching like they're afraid you're going to hit them. whassup there?

Sounds like her mom didn't really want to say. Can't blame her for that. But yeah, the police wouldn't arrest JC for being afraid of mom. We did learn things we hadn't before so I appreciate her talking to TG.

can anyone line up the simple assault charges against JC to see if they match up to June or July of 2014?

not on her mother's request. as part of a deal with the DA or the court so her mom would not press charges. she was begging to come home the first few days and did leave LH early, ultimately.
what would make you call the cops or press charges against your own child?

I am (happily) childfree but not quite old enough to be JC's mom...so, I don't know. I think I'm a lot bolder + willful than Lisa from what I observed. It would take a lot in my case. That said, I can imagine intervening like this if I truly felt helpless to solve my child's anger issues on my own + if I recognized that it was beyond my ability to help constructively. If I felt scared of her, for her, or like her behavior was out of control or senselessly reckless...and knowing she was 18, 19 - knowing I was limited legally by what I could do as that child was actually an adult at that point and no longer a minor.

As for specifics, I could only guess. Lisa's personality strikes me as timid but it's hard to tell how much of that is her shaken up from all of this. But my heart breaks a little because I don't know that Jessica felt like she could tell her mom a lot of what might've been on her mind. There's so much that Lisa, in hindsight, says she just "doesn't have a clue" about. :-(

I was hand-shy and flinched when my parents (or other people) came near me but that's bc they did hit and abuse me.

For me, it's back to square one.

It wasn't 6 or 6:30, it was 5 or 5:30. They didn't talk for 20 minutes, they talked for a few minutes. Jessica was in a different location than the gas station when she was speaking to her Mom. The 'where' still remains unknown, unless of course her cell phone could pinpoint that location to LE. Ugh...

Bet Lisa is torn between wanting to know or not. I do not think Lisa is up to accepting all of this yet. JMO
She is finding out things she did not know, like she smoked, and a mom can only take so much. IMO.

I agree. I understand a mother being in denial.. Im pretty sure each new tidbit Lisa hears opens a new wound.

I ask this because if it was me in Lisa's shoes, the doctor would have to give me a sedative for a LONG time after seeing my child in the condition Lisa did.

My feeling is Lisa's calmness and softness came from being on a sedative. She deserves it! She may get a little confused at times because of it. And I am speaking of a legal drug! :) Also, she probably does not watch TV as she cannot bear to hear news about Jessica. Therefor, she has no idea what has been going on in the last month.

I applaud her for coming on the radio show to talk. A big step for Lisa!

I read here that things are different in small towns. I believe it.

Could it be as simple as her leaving was contingent on having somewhere approved to land? Because n a small town, with known individuals and families, I can see that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998