GUILTY France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo, 2015 *Appeal Trial 2022* #2

DO WHAT YOU CAN, KILL THEM, SLIT THEIR THROATS

Video in French, with English subtitles

"Islam is a religion of peace, but above all, it is a religion of justice!" *shakes machine gun*

[video]http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/124347-roept-op-om-politie-belgie-te-doden[/video]

VTM reports:
http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/124347-roept-op-om-politie-belgie-te-doden

Translation:

Today a video was posted online of the Islamic terrorist movement IS.
In this video jihadis call on their "brothers" to continue the jihad wherever possible in Europe. That reported the website of Het Laatste Nieuws

The video appears as a response to the attacks in France. These would only be the beginning of a series of terrorist attacks in Europe. Belgium is named as one of the countries where supporters of IS will commit attacks. Also mentioned are Germany and Switzerland.

IS specifically asks to kill police officers. "If you see a cop, then kill him. . Kill them all "
IS-combatants who can not come to the IS caliphate, in Europe, should their "do best"to kill infidels,"Do what you can."

Today anti-terrorist actions were carried out throughout in the country by the police. In the town of Verviers two died during an action.
The safety level is for justice and police buildings had already increased to level 3. Whether there is a connection with the threatening video is not clear.

BBM

And there it is again..."It's a peaceful religion, BUT...", also known as the 'Here a Jihad, There a Jihad, Everywhere a Jihad' Defense.

John Kerry is here is Paris right now. Laid wreaths at the kosher market and at Charlie Hebdo. He sat with Hollande at the city hall to express US support.

Guardian article mentions it and says this:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/16/john-kerry-solidarity-france-paris-attacks
The absence of a top-level American leader triggered a political row in Washington, but it was scarcely noticed at first in Paris.
“It was not really issue in France until it became a row in America. No one drew attention to the absence of a senior American,” said Bruno Tertrais, a senior research fellow at the Foundation for Strategic Research in Paris.

CNN mobile app:
He hugged French President Francois Hollande saying "We share the pain and the horror of everything you went through."
Hollande thanked Kerry for offering France support, saying, "You've been victims yourself of an exceptional terrorist attack on Sept. 11. You know what it means for a country. ... We must find together appropriate responses."

John Kerry is here is Paris right now. Laid wreaths at the kosher market and at Charlie Hebdo. He sat with Hollande at the city hall to express US support.

Guardian article mentions it and says this:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/16/john-kerry-solidarity-france-paris-attacks
The absence of a top-level American leader triggered a political row in Washington, but it was scarcely noticed at first in Paris.
“It was not really issue in France until it became a row in America. No one drew attention to the absence of a senior American,” said Bruno Tertrais, a senior research fellow at the Foundation for Strategic Research in Paris.

CNN mobile app:
He hugged French President Francois Hollande saying "We share the pain and the horror of everything you went through."
Hollande thanked Kerry for offering France support, saying, "You've been victims yourself of an exceptional terrorist attack on Sept. 11. You know what it means for a country. ... We must find together appropriate responses."

John Kerry rocks! :tyou:

Joke I saw on Twitter:

Oscar Nominations:

François Hollande nominated for the Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role in "Je Suis Charlie"

Barack Obama nominated for the Oscar for Actor in a Supporting Role in "Je ne suis pas là" ("I am not there")

Thanks to Gabriel SX @Mandrin_

I need more jokes. Was reading something about a Jihadi caught in Austria and he is only 14 years old. 14 years!
But what does that matter if you have a kalashnikov or any other weapon.....

More jokes!

#jesuischarlie

John Kerry rocks! :tyou:

Joke I saw on Twitter:

Oscar Nominations:

François Hollande nominated for the Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role in "Je Suis Charlie"

Barack Obama nominated for the Oscar for Actor in a Supporting Role in "Je ne suis pas là" ("I am not there")

Thanks to Gabriel SX @Mandrin_

I need more jokes. Was reading something about a Jihadi caught in Austria and he is only 14 years old. 14 years!
But what does that matter if you have a kalashnikov or any other weapon.....

More jokes!

#jesuischarlie

haaahhaaa I love love it!

Belgium has also requested the extradition of two of citizens from France in connection with the investigation into the terrorist cell. However, neither they nor those arrested in last night’s raids are connected to the attacks in Paris, said Van der Sijpt.
"I can confirm that we started this investigation before the attacks in Paris," Van der Sijpt said

But earlier Thursday, investigators said they suspected a Belgian man could have supplied Jewish supermarket gunman Amédy Coulibaly with his weapons.

http://www.france24.com/en/20150116-belgium-terror-cell-was-verge-significant-attack-syria/

bbm

And there it is again..."It's a peaceful religion, BUT...", also known as the 'Here a Jihad, There a Jihad, Everywhere a Jihad' Defense.

Eowwww (cat-like sound) .... give the guy a break. Please.
This is not a defense of the Jihad.

Francis called upon the islamic leaders to urgently seek reform of their religion.
He prayed for Charlie Hebdo together with four Imams. He called this a double attack, both on human life and on the freedom of speech.
He calls the freedom of speech not only a human right but (BUT!) a duty for the sake of the common good.
And he says that action causes reaction. Basic social science.

Freedom of speech is much easier if you are living in a free country.

Urging people to speak up for the sake of common good who do not live in such a country, cannot come without a caution. Action causes reaction, so be careful.

Really, what Francis said is no more than "if you don't have anything nice to say..." Or "if you poke a cat with a stick enough times"...
He never said anything about limiting freedom of expression and says we shouldn't - rather he was merely talking the common sense that any rational adult human being already knows: provoke anyone enough times in the right way and you're going to get a reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Poe is reintroducing a bill in the coming days that will compel the State Department to revoke the passports of Americans who join or assist any foreign terrorist organization."

"Sen. Ted Cruz will also reintroduce similar legislation in the Senate, his spokeswoman Catherine Frazier told CNN. The Texas Republican introduced a bill last year to strip Americans who join terrorist organizations of both their passports and their citizenship."

Poe unsuccessfully pushed the legislation in the House in September, but he said the attack in Paris underscores the need for such legislation."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/08/politics/us-next-day-reaction-paris-attack/index.html

I cannot believe that the minute our idiots started departing for Syria and Iraq, to fight for Isis, that our government would have had in place the ability to terminate their citizenships. They should be forced to stay there. No running home to mommy and daddy! When you lost your mind, you lost your citizenship. It should be like the saying, "You can never go home." End of discussion!

The other thing I don't want to believe is that the Democrats voted it down, in September 2014.

BBM

THIS^^^

I find it mind boggling that these people who are privileged to hold a US PASSPORT and choose to travel and TRAIN with terrorist organizations are, not only, permitted to re-enter the country, but, retain their citizenship. IMO THIS is an epic failure.

More on the subject:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjse...itizenship-of-terror-suspects-right-or-wrong/

"Poe is reintroducing a bill in the coming days that will compel the State Department to revoke the passports of Americans who join or assist any foreign terrorist organization."

"Sen. Ted Cruz will also reintroduce similar legislation in the Senate, his spokeswoman Catherine Frazier told CNN. The Texas Republican introduced a bill last year to strip Americans who join terrorist organizations of both their passports and their citizenship."

Poe unsuccessfully pushed the legislation in the House in September, but he said the attack in Paris underscores the need for such legislation."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/08/politics/us-next-day-reaction-paris-attack/index.html

I cannot believe that the minute our idiots started departing for Syria and Iraq, to fight for Isis, that our government would have had in place the ability to terminate their citizenships. They should be forced to stay there. No running home to mommy and daddy! When you lost your mind, you lost your citizenship. It should be like the saying, "You can never go home." End of discussion!

The other thing I don't want to believe is that the Democrats voted it down, in September 2014.

I so agree. I can't understand why countries that already know some of their citizens are training in Syria let these murderers back in.

Saudi Arabia has postponed the flogging of activist Raif Badawi who is held for insulting Islam. http://t.co/GYq8wn7IYP -@cnnbrk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really, what Francis said is no more than "if you don't have anything nice to say..." Or "if you poke a cat with a stick enough times"...
He never said anything about limiting freedom of expression and says we shouldn't - rather he was merely talking the common sense that any rational adult human being already knows: provoke anyone enough times in the right way and you're going to get a reaction.

Yes........With Charlie Hebdo a lot of people take it on face value and unless you understand the ins and outs of politics it won't make much sense, but even so that still dosn't justify insult which in certain cases was the end result....is there really much point in winding people up further than they had been ?

Internet wise from the above story

Anti-terrorism operations continue today as several French media websites struggle to recover from crashes apparently caused by Islamist hackers.

Le Parisien, L'Express, 20 Minutes, France Inter, Mediapart
andMarianne have all been hit by problems - with users seeing error messages when they try to access the sites.

Up to 19,000 French sites have been targeted by pro-Isis hackers since the massacre at Charlie Hebdo on 7 January.

Yes........With Charlie Hebdo a lot of people take it on face value and unless you understand the ins and outs of politics it won't make much sense, but even so that still dosn't justify insult which in certain cases was the end result....is there really much point in winding people up further than they had been ?

Charlie Hebdo also falls squarely within a long history in France of satire and criticism - the libelles go back at least to the reign of Louis XIV if I remember my history correctly (French posters please correct me if I'm wrong! :) ) and could be just as outrageous if not more so as Charlie Hebdo. They also helped shape public opinion leading up to the revolution, especially in turning opinion strongly against the Queen, who was satirized in drawings showing her as a harpy, a degenerate lesbian sex fiend, etc. When the women of Paris marched on Versailles after the taking of Bastille, the angriest of the crowd were after the Queen, and it can be argued that a great deal of the more sensationalistic perceptions the public had of the monarchy and the royals was due in large part to the libelles and satirical pamphlets (leaving aside the more realistic and very warranted perceptions of the corruption of the ancien regime itself).

So yes I think it's wrong to gloss over how powerful words and satire publications can be in shaping opinion or provoking a reaction. Like Francis I think it's only realistic to realize that continuously provoking a target will gain a reaction (of course the reaction here is atrocious and all out of proportion, it goes without saying). CHarlie Hebdo's writers and artists were intelligent enough to realize this too. And at the same time, like Francis, like the libellistes and pamphleteers and Charlie Hebdo, I agree that we must allow for this freedom to provoke (while at the same time wishing we could do better, and realizing that eventually there will be a reaction).

KILLING AN DYING FOR ALLAH. FIVE PORTUGUESE MEMBERS OF ISLAMIC STATE

Report & videos in English

http://expresso.sapo.pt/jihad-en/killing-and-dying/

Up until a year ago, perhaps a little longer, this was where Edgar, Celso, Patrício, Fábio and Sandro would watch Portuguese league matches.
They arrived one by one from the dormitory towns between Lisbon and Sintra and one by one dropped out of circulation.
All these emigrants, aged between 22 and 36, resided in Leyton*, just a few neighbourhoods away from Café Cascais.
They set off to wage Holy War.

They together made up the main organised cell recruiting Portuguese jihadists to fight in Syria and Iraq.

- But why?

In the café, there is talk of little else. The “great lads” went off on Jihad.
They became terrorists. And one of them, Sandro, known as ‘Funa’, died in combat in late October.

* Leyton, Leytonstone, Walthamstow and Whitechapel are the birthplace to some of the most wanted radical Islamists in the United Kingdom, united around platforms such as Sharia4UK and more recently Al-Muhajiroun (The Immigrants).

Jean-Charles Brisard (@JcBrisard) tweeted at 2:51pm - 16 Jan 15:

According to our information, Cherif #Kouachi traveled to Saudi Arabia in November 2008 #CharlieHebdo #KSA (https://twitter.com/JcBrisard/status/556136477131038720?s=17)

Someone else replied that the visit could have been for Omra, which many Muslims do. I'm not sure what that is, but guess it's a religious festival, or pilgrimage?

Germany is now pushing for legislation that will prevent suspected terrorists travelling to Turkey. At the moment, anyone with a German ID card can get straight into Turkey, and from there it's easy to cross into Syria. The German government wants to issue suspects with special German ID cards, that will not be valid for travel into Turkey, as far as I can make out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back