GUILTY TX - Jacqueline Gomez, 17, found dead in Houston hotel after prom, 17 May 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
JacquelineGomez_zpsee91d1a9.jpg

MSM from May 19, 2014:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...irl-may-have-overdosed-after-prom-5490654.php

A series of text messages offered new details into the death of Jacqueline Gomez, the 17-year-old Aldine ISD senior found dead Saturday in a Houston motel room the morning after her prom. The texts, sent from an account identified as Gomez's date, also indicate investigators believe the girl probably overdosed.

The date hasn't spoken publicly since Gomez was found dead and he could not be reached for comment on Monday. In text messages to a friend of Gomez, however, he recounted his attempts to wake her and his reactions when she did not...

Meanwhile, her friends and family refute any suggestion that Gomez was ever a "party girl," saying she spent most of her time working at a Kroger grocery and preparing to graduate in June.

And today:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/27860006/man-charged-in-teen-girlfriends-after-prom-death

Almost eight months after Eddie Herrera found his girlfriend unresponsive in a north Houston hotel room following her high school prom, police have arrested him in her death and he has admitted to choking her.

Herrera is charged with aggravated assault in the May 2014 death of 17-year-old Jacqueline Gomez...

Police are trying to determine a motive and official cause of death for Gomez.

I was shocked to hear this on the news yesterday! I 100% bought the boyfriend's story that she died in her sleep from an alcohol and pills overdose. They seemed like any other loving high school couple at prom, from listening to the news slant at the time. I do remember the family and friends saying she wouldn't have taken pills, but I chalked it up to them being in denial. Then it faded from the news.

According to a non-MSM source I was reading, this guy was too old IMHO to take her to a prom and get a hotel room. He needed to date someone his own age. Well, he doesn't have to worry about it any longer. RIP Jacqueline.

I was shocked to hear this on the news yesterday! I 100% bought the boyfriend's story that she died in her sleep from an alcohol and pills overdose. They seemed like any other loving high school couple at prom, from listening to the news slant at the time. I do remember the family and friends saying she wouldn't have taken pills, but I chalked it up to them being in denial. Then it faded from the news.

She did have high blood alcohol level and pills in her system. Which is probably why he wasn't charged until now. And he is only charged with assault, not murder. Because medical examiner isn't sure if she died from an overdose or from choking.

"Exley said Herrera told police conflicting stories about whether Gomez agreed to the choking. The prosecutor said an autopsy showed the girl had deep hemorrhaging all the way around her neck. She also had hydrocodone in her system and a blood alcohol level of .21 leaving medical examiners unclear about whether she died from the choking or an overdose, Exley said."
http://www.chron.com/houston/article/Teen-accused-of-strangling-his-girlfriend-during-6020251.php

According to a non-MSM source I was reading, this guy was too old IMHO to take her to a prom and get a hotel room. He needed to date someone his own age. Well, he doesn't have to worry about it any longer. RIP Jacqueline.

He was 18, she was 17. They are pretty much the same age. I don't think age is an issue here.

I recently watched parts of a movie on Lifetime called "Sugar daddies." In that movie, "a sugar daddy" killed a young female by chocking her during sex, because he enjoyed choking people during sex. Sounds like the same sort of deal. In the case of Jaqueline, since they can't say if she died from an overdose or from choking, he isn't being charged with murder.
I hope he gets the stiffest penalty possible for an assault.

http://abc13.com/news/disturbing-allegations-surface-in-case-of-teens-death/478303/

The mother of the man suspected in the prom night death of his 17-year-old girlfriend helped attempt to cover it up, according to prosecutors.

Assistant Harris County District Attorney Bill Exley said 18-year-old Eddie Herrera called his mother the morning after the prom upon waking up and finding Jackie Gomez deceased in their hotel room bed. Upon the mother's arrival, Exley said, "She told police that she found Ms. Gomez nude and that she dressed her body"...

Gomez died May 7 following the MacArthur High School prom, which was held in the Hyatt North Houston. She and her boyfriend stayed in a room there, despite her apparent agreement with her mother to return home by midnight. Investigators say her mother reported her as missing by sunrise the following morning.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/m...-investigation-of-her-sons-prom-date/31907988

The mother of the teenager charged in his prom date's death was indicted Thursday. Melissa Ann Martinez, 40... is charged with two counts of manufacturing/delivery of a controlled substance and one count of purchasing or furnishing alcohol to a minor...

Exley said Herrera and his mother convinced Gomez's mother that Jacqueline was coming home after they attended prom. Instead, investigators said she and Herrera stayed in the same hotel in which they attended prom. Houston police said Herrera's mother bought them liquor and gave them hydrocodone.

Exley said, "(Investigators) have not been able to rule out whether she ultimately died as an overdose or whether she died as a result of strangulation."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ouston-teen-s-death-on-prom-night-7387902.php

During opening statements in Herrera's trial, prosecutors said he was 18 when he, with help from his mother, rented a hotel room, bought two large bottles of whiskey and obtained pharmaceutical painkillers on May 17, 2014.

"You're going to learn about the web of lies and deceit propagated by Eddie Herrera and his mother," said prosecutor Justin Wood. "(Herrera's mother) doles out 10 hydrocodone pills each and sets them up for one heck of a fantastic prom night."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...s-2-years-after-prom-date-s-death-7388990.php

Eddie Herrera broke down in silent sobs in the courtroom as prosecutors showed photos of his 17-year-old girlfriend lying dead in the hotel bed they shared after prom in 2014...

More than six months after the incident, investigators interviewed Herrera again and filed criminal charges, saying his stories were inconsistent.

The case will likely turn on whether jurors believe his first story that the couple stayed up and talked after consensual sex or, as Herrera told investigators later, that he passed out while choking her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back