Viable suspect: James Kenny Martin

Did anyone investigating the crime simply ask each person questioned to tie their shoes, or simply tie a sturdy knot? I think that would have been the first thing I had them do if I felt it were at all relevant. Think about it... If someone was guilty and put on the spot, they wouldn't know if it was better to tie a knot the way they normally do, or try to do it differently. I might approach it by saying, "I am going to ask you to perform a simple task, and you have 10 seconds to complete it. Do not ask questions and do not over-think it; just do what immediately comes to mind." I would probably have them repeat the task a few times. I might even phrase the question in a manner to make it appear that time/speed in performing the task was more important than the type of knot, just to ensure that they are not over-thinking it. While it wouldn't definitively prove or disprove anything, it could be quite telling.

Amanda, I see we have moved in some very similar directions as far as analysing JKM's statements go.

Oh, and Ausgirl, a friend just pointed out that on an ancestry https:/i227724857313539/website, Martin listed his time of service as Feb 1979 to March of 1979. He

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, AG. That's why I came looking for you:)

I'm very glad you did! And yep, I turned up that info on his military record a while back, while searching another username he uses on those creepy meet up sites.

Very typical of the remorseless sex offender, really, to aggrandise a brief stint in the forces. It's like they're compelled toward uniforms and glory -- I do not know how many I've come across who've either tried to join the police and failed, or had extremely brief military careers, usually cut short by 'medical' or disciplinary reasons. So colour me several shades of unsurprised, there.

It's also pretty typical for them to step forward as a searcher, a helper in some capacity, wanting to be 'in on the action'. I believe, though, he was milking the WMPD for information as well as trying to direct the line of enquiry. Both very, very suspicious activities.

This guy is a piece of work. I remain eternally aghast that he was not a prime suspect for the West Memphis murders.

The more I read about JKM the more goosebumps run up my arm. I know most of the supporters who have investigated this case for years have ruled him out (alibi) but I don't understand that at all - especially since the alibi is a wife and a girlfriend. There's something tickling in me that tells me he should be further investigated - but I understand he's dying, maybe already dead. I wonder if the defense team knows something about him that hasn't been revealed. That's just speculation on my part (I call it Wild Ass Speculation, WAS for short), but I really wish someone who knows someone could do something about it! Like I've said before, I've even entertained the notion that he and TWH were in it together (possibly with Lucas and Hollingsworth). God! Will the questions and mysteries in this case ever end???

I agree, CR... and I must repeat - how *strange* is it that the VERY FIRST person to promote the 'Hobbs Did It" theory right down to the different but nearby location for the murders, and the actual bindings used, was JKM -- just a matter of days after the murders happened.

If you read his Hobbs did it theory, it's uncannily like a great many of those that have been brought forth in the past few years. That's assuming he actually meant Hobbs (there's apparently some conjecture there). It could apply to Byers, too, but the similarities to the Hobbs theories are just so incredibly close...

I'm hoping to get a group of people with various talents together to make a presentation about it. I've been following this since 2001 and he has always been my #1 suspect. I recently was reading his statement aloud to my girlfriend and noticed some things I hadn't before.

He's alive and well and following lots of 14 yr olds on Twitter.

Who do you intend to show the presentation to, Amanda? If I can contribute in any way, I'd be glad to help.

I read your email correspondence on another board a while back.. I have to say, good on you for subjecting yourself to that man. I think my head might have exploded. I was not surprised to see him threatening you. I would have been surprised if he had not.

You know what I found particularly sickening (well, aside from his rape stories, etc)? The way he talks about his dead son. I'm sure you've compared the various lines of talk around that subject... I was left feeling quite ill, by the end of that line of inquiry. But of note is his comment re the son killing himself simply as a taunt toward the son's mother. Just as example of the kind of callousness JKM is truly capable of. Every word out of his mouth is pure self-interest and manipulation. I think you're 100% justified in considering him a no.1 suspect. He's sure right up there on my list.

Me, I would like *every* viable suspect to be closely investigated. There was no lack of good ones in West Memphis, that night.

Thank you both. A friend abs I were discussing how different the case may have turned out if a) Martin had been interviewed before Echols and b) The defense had tried to use Martin's statement instead of Chris Morgan's.

CR, I've noticed you on the debate board. Good to see you there:)

I'm won't be sure what to do with the presentation until it's finished,but off the top of my head I'd say Mara Leveritt, Dan Stidham, and possibly Jason Baldwin would be the first if want to share it with if possible.

As for helping with it- nothing is more helpful than fresh eyes(;

I apologize for my spelling, I can only access this forum on my phone for some reason.

Amanda, thanks for the input. I remember the hair on the back of my neck stiffening when I read his statement. Somewhere I have notes of all the statements he made that made me go hmmmm. It's sickening that he's FB friends with young children still. I didn't think sex offenders could be on social media?!?!?! Or is it because his case pre-dates any type of legislation like that?!?!

Appreciate hearing your thoughts here and hopefully you'll continue to give us things to chew on.

Amanda, thanks for the input. I remember the hair on the back of my neck stiffening when I read his statement. Somewhere I have notes of all the statements he made that made me go hmmmm. It's sickening that he's FB friends with young children still. I didn't think sex offenders could be on social media?!?!?! Or is it because his case pre-dates any type of legislation like that?!?!

Appreciate hearing your thoughts here and hopefully you'll continue to give us things to chew on.

BBM OMG! This just registered with me! How can this be?

The more I read about JKM the more goosebumps run up my arm. I know most of the supporters who have investigated this case for years have ruled him out (alibi) but I don't understand that at all - especially since the alibi is a wife and a girlfriend.

- wife, who he'd severely beaten in a DV altercation a short while before the murders, and who knew he was a pedo and was fine with him being around the kids.

- Gf, who contradicted the wife's version and lived in the immediate vicinity of the victims/RHH.

No way he should've been ruled out on alibi, let alone anything else he did or said.

Like several other suspects that are considered to have been 'cleared'. there's far more evidence pointing to JKM than there was for the WM3.

redheart, thanks so much for that update!

If it isn't him, then they've sure taken a ton of time and effort to learn his style of writing.... and his psyche... that level of sickness is hard to fake. Catch the weird stuff right at the end.. I've seen him respond like that before. Reads to me like a veiled threat, which was also my immediate thought on reading other instances like it. I feel so sorry for the poor kids raised in a home with this monster, and and a mother who put a man first.

I wish, for the thousandth time, that JKM was viewed more strongly (by LE) as a serious, top-tier suspect for this crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back