AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #14

Holland and Brownlee sentenced in Baldwin County courthouse
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/27857332/sentencing-set-for-2-convicted-in-ala-sex-ring
Neither Holland nor Brownlee had anything to say before the sentences were read. But for Brittney Wood's stepmother Stephanie Hanke, today was absolutely a win.
"This is not giving us Brittney today, but this is a victory for Brittney," Hanke said.
And with Jennifer Moore still yet to be prosecuted in Baldwin County and more trials awaiting in Mobile County, Hanke hopes the events of Thursday will have a domino effect on the others charged and maybe bring Brittney home.
"I pray every night that when I wake up every morning that somebody's going to come and tell us where she is. That something's going to break, one of them's going to grow a conscience or one of them's going to get tired of sitting around in jail. One of them's going to turn on the other," Hanke said.

Jennifer is still facing a potential life sentence for 2nd degree sexual abuse & producing child *advertiser censored*.

Holland and Brownlee sentenced in Baldwin County courthouse
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/27857332/sentencing-set-for-2-convicted-in-ala-sex-ring

Jennifer is still facing a potential life sentence for 2nd degree sexual abuse & producing child *advertiser censored*.

THIS. I think if anyone is a weak link, she is the one. I hope LE is on all of them while this sentencing is still fresh. Then next month when Scott and Dustin get theirs, i hope they get the max and these others monsters realize that their days are numbered too.

Steph, I thought about y'all when we went to Bellingrath last month.

I'm hoping and praying that since some of these people are spending the rest of their lives behind bars they'll start talking about what happened to Brittney. I know it's probably unlikely considering who we're talking about here and their character but man, it's been way too long. Y'all deserve to know where that pretty girl is and at least be able to have an attempt at closure. My skin crawls just thinking about them.

Thank you, Baldwin County! I think now is the time to make a strong, loud, highly publicized appeal to all property owners in the entire county to get out there and look for Brittney. There needs to be a renewed effort to put feet on the ground to comb Baldwin County until Brittney is found. I truly believe Brittney is in Baldwin County and she can be found.

Something's been on my mind this week with Wendy's role and sentencing being so widely publicized. I've missed something. When did Wendy become the ringleader of this bunch? That was supposed to have been Donald's role. Did the title pass to her on his death by default? Was evidence presented in the trials pointing to her leadership? Were they equally a ringleading couple? Has she really been the ringleader all along, and not Donald?

My more recent thinking, I believe Wendy has always been an equal ringleader. They just had separate roles. I personally believe Donnie was responsible for setting up the sexual abuse, Wendy's role was to cover it all up. Sadly, I think they worked well together. Donnie played the nice guy everyone liked. He needed to be liked and trusted to be the sick person to manipulate children. Wendy played the serious one who kept everyone in check. In my opinion, at all costs, which may have included blackmailing the victims and perps.

Woohoo! I am delighted Wendy got 219 years and I only wish she had to serve them in hell.
Great to see lengthy convictions for the abusers and finally get justice for Brittney and all the other victims. I imagine those waiting to stand trial are suffering from severe digestive issues and soiling their garments. Hope it gets them talking.

Steph...I hope you and Wally feel at least a little peace with the convictions and that more answers will come about Brittney. I so very much respect your strength and determination in finding Brittney.

Wendy Holland given 219-year sentence, William Brownlee 20 years in family sex ring
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/william_brownlee_given_20_year.html

I don't post often on this thread but have followed and prayed for Brittney and all the kids abused by these sickos. I'm beyond thrilled that the judge is drawing a hard line and handing out hefty sentences. This type of abuse should be punished with the guilty spending the rest of their lives behind bars. They can't hurt anyone ever again.

Wendy Holland given 219-year sentence, William Brownlee 20 years in family sex ring
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/william_brownlee_given_20_year.html

My memory is really being tested by this long-drawn-out case and all the players.

Why wasn't RSW called a golden nugget? His role has always interested me. Does he feel responsible for what may have happened to Brittney because he initially went to LE and got the group riled up? What kind of sentence is he going to end up getting?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tuous-sex-ring-accused-child-molestation.html
"The first chink in the wall of silence came in March 2012 when Randall Scott Wood, then 42, alerted the authorities that a 13-year-old family member, with whom he admitted he was having a sexual relationship, was being abused by others."

Something's been on my mind this week with Wendy's role and sentencing being so widely publicized. I've missed something. When did Wendy become the ringleader of this bunch? That was supposed to have been Donald's role. Did the title pass to her on his death by default? Was evidence presented in the trials pointing to her leadership? Were they equally a ringleading couple? Has she really been the ringleader all along, and not Donald?

That's a good question KateB. In my mind all the adults who have been found guilty are equally vile and accountable for their actions. I don't believe any of the guilty were coerced. They all participated willingly and -ICK- frequently. It isn't like they lived in the backwoods isolated from society. They knew it was wrong.

Perhaps Wendy's being the (can't name the relationship) of the child victim makes her even more sadistic and cruel. But IMO not the ring leader. Maybe the ring leader title is a defense tactic to make Scott Wood and Dustin Kent appear less guilty? Remember Dustin said Donnie made him rape the child on the hood of his truck. He blamed Donnie for his actions. Barf. They are all just as nasty.

My memory is really being tested by this long-drawn-out case and all the players.

Why wasn't RSW called a golden nugget? His role has always interested me. Does he feel responsible for what may have happened to Brittney because he initially went to LE and got the group riled up? What kind of sentence is he going to end up getting?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tuous-sex-ring-accused-child-molestation.html
"The first chink in the wall of silence came in March 2012 when Randall Scott Wood, then 42, alerted the authorities that a 13-year-old family member, with whom he admitted he was having a sexual relationship, was being abused by others."

JMO- I think Scott only went to them out of jealousy and some really effed up feelings in regards to that particular victim. He seemed obsessed with her. He may have thought he was the only one abusing her and flipped when he found out more? We haven't heard anything about him and any other victims afaik. There is a lot going on with him that doesn't make sense to me. He was out searching when Brittney first came up missing, trying to act like this great guy that just wanted to find her. I think he had one reason to be so involved early on and that was to have some kind of control and to be in the know about what people were thinking to cover his own butt.

Things with him have never sat right with me. There's just something there that frustrates the heck out of me and i can't pinpoint what exactly it is about him that infuriates me! Apart from the obvious.

[h=1]Key figure in sex ring silent about missing victim[/h]
Wendy Holland, 35, has repeatedly refused to discuss the May 2012 disappearance of 19-year-old Brittney Wood, a prosecutor said. She again refused before being sentenced to what amounts to a life term on charges including sex abuse on Thursday.

But prosecutor Teresa Heinz said authorities approached Johnson-Theodoro last week to see if Holland “wanted to talk” about what happened to Wood.

“That offer was declined,” Heinz said. The woman also has previously declined to discuss Wood’s disappearance, Heinz said, including before her trial last month.

None of the other 10 people charged in the case has provided information to help find the teen, Heinz said, but authorities hope the severe sentence imposed on Holland will help shake loose clues.
http://wiat.com/2015/01/16/key-figure-in-sex-ring-silent-about-missing-victim/

That's a good question KateB. In my mind all the adults who have been found guilty are equally vile and accountable for their actions. I don't believe any of the guilty were coerced. They all participated willingly and -ICK- frequently. It isn't like they lived in the backwoods isolated from society. They knew it was wrong.

Perhaps Wendy's being the (can't name the relationship) of the child victim makes her even more sadistic and cruel. But IMO not the ring leader. Maybe the ring leader title is a defense tactic to make Scott Wood and Dustin Kent appear less guilty? Remember Dustin said Donnie made him rape the child on the hood of his truck. He blamed Donnie for his actions. Barf. They are all just as nasty.

I agree I don't believe any of the guilty were coerced into participating. Not as adults. Dustin's comment is just plain sick. If he was forced as he claimed, then he should have went to LE and protected the victim from future abuse.

As for my blackmailing comment, I don't believe Wendy blackmailed the adults into participating in the abuse. I do believe after the first victim came forward Wendy's role changed. I believe she kept eyes on all the perps involved in their sick ring while Donnie stayed away. Whether this means getting stories straight or worse. Possibly blackmailing others to keep them from talking to LE for lighter sentences or even blackmailing others into helping with Brittney's disappearance. In my opinion, the letter written to her shows her role in their sick twisted ring.

None of the other 10 people charged in the case has provided information to help find the teen, Heinz said, but authorities hope the severe sentence imposed on Holland will help shake loose clues.

http://wiat.com/2015/01/16/key-figure-in-sex-ring-silent-about-missing-victim/

How easy would it be to blame a dead Donnie for Brittney's murder? If there is no evidence to link any of the 10 to Brittney's murder, any of them could lay the blame on Donnie. Especially if this would help with a reduced sentence. According to this article, no one is talking. Does this mean Donnie was not involved in Brittney's disappearance or he was and had help? There must be evidence out there that can point to who murdered Britt. In my opinion, someone would have blamed Donnie by now if there wasn't something out there to prove their story wrong.

As well, if Brittney simply ran away, someone would have gave her up by now.

Updated and for the new thread.
Name DOBrelationship to Brittney1st arrest2nd arrest3rd arrestSweep - Mobile Co.4th arrestJurisdictionNotes
Holland, Donald 2/12/1968Uncle by marriage (WWH)deceased viapurportedsuicide
Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976Uncle by marriage (MWK)06/19/1207/16/1208/02/1210/22/13 *advertiser censored*BothGuilty plea Mobile & Baldwin*
Wood, Randall Scott 12/1/1969Uncle06/19/1210/22/13BothGuilty plea Baldwin*
Wood, Derek 5/26/1991Brother07/13/12BaldwinSealed-Youthful Status Granted
Holland Jr, Donald Paul 12/20/1991Step-cousin (DH's son not by WWH)07/17/12BaldwinSealed-Youthful Status Granted
Brownlee, William 3/19/1964family friend07/22/1210/22/13BothBaldwin-Guilty-21 yrs.
Holland, Wendy Wood 8/15/1979Aunt08/22/1211/29/1210/22/139/22/2014BothBaldwin-Guilty-219 yrs.
Wood, ChessieMother06/27/1310/22/2013*trafficMobileNot guilty plea entered
Morgan, Nelton "Butch" 8/3/1966family friend (aka truckdriver)10/22/13*warrantMobile
Cumbaa, James 11/17/1980related to DH by marriage10/22/13Mobile
Kent, Mendy Wood 8/15/1979Aunt10/22/13Mobile
Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981family friend (WWH's BFF)11/04/13 *advertiser censored*Baldwin

Bold, Italics is potential life sentence. Bond violation arrests excluded.
Dustin's plea agreement in Both counties on all charges removing life potential is noted.
*Dustin & Scott have sentencing hearings in Baldwin Co on Feb 26.

All I can say about this is here, here and AMEN.
picture

I agree I don't believe any of the guilty were coerced into participating. Not as adults. Dustin's comment is just plain sick. If he was forced as he claimed, then he should have went to LE and protected the victim from future abuse.

As for my blackmailing comment, I don't believe Wendy blackmailed the adults into participating in the abuse. I do believe after the first victim came forward Wendy's role changed. I believe she kept eyes on all the perps involved in their sick ring while Donnie stayed away. Whether this means getting stories straight or worse. Possibly blackmailing others to keep them from talking to LE for lighter sentences or even blackmailing others into helping with Brittney's disappearance. In my opinion, the letter written to her shows her role in their sick twisted ring.

When Donald and/or Wendy cancelled Brittney's phone service off their family plan possibly plays into this theory's timeline. Brittney lived on her phone is the impression I have. Quick and surest way to stop Brittney from communicating with any one and all is cancel her phone. MOO.

When Donald and/or Wendy cancelled Brittney's phone service off their family plan possibly plays into this theory's timeline. Brittney lived on her phone is the impression I have. Quick and surest way to stop Brittney from communicating with any one and all is cancel her phone. MOO.

Very possible. Britt was added around March 2012. Then service was cut off at the end of April because allegedly (Chessie's mouth) Britt ran the bill way up with internet usage. It would be helpful to know if Wendy/Donnie kept their same plan and just dropped Brittney or if all of them got new cell service. Most recently it was reported Scott went to LE in March, but I have seen it reported as early as February.

I personally believe Wendy was jealous of Brittney. Jealous of the time she spent with Donnie. Jealous of the gas money Donnie spent picking up Brittney. Jealous of her looks. So part of me thinks it is possible Donnie added Britt to their plan w/o Wendy's knowledge. Then when Wendy found out, she cut Brittney's phone service out of jealousy.

According to BrittsStepMom -

Ok let me clear up the cell phone issue. DH & WWH added Britt to their plan around March 2012 I believe, they got her a smart phone the company uses a sim card, the end of April service was cut off Chessie said because Britt ran the bill WAY up with internet usage. Then on May 15th (I found this out through cell co) Brittney purchased a prepaid sim card and air/web/text time that worked with the smartphone DH had got her. So same phone the entire time just different sim card.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10486407#post10486407

Very possible. Britt was added around March 2012. Then service was cut off at the end of April because allegedly (Chessie's mouth) Britt ran the bill way up with internet usage. It would be helpful to know if Wendy/Donnie kept their same plan and just dropped Brittney or if all of them got new cell service. Most recently it was reported Scott went to LE in March, but I have seen it reported as early as February.

I personally believe Wendy was jealous of Brittney. Jealous of the time she spent with Donnie. Jealous of the gas money Donnie spent picking up Brittney. Jealous of her looks. So part of me thinks it is possible Donnie added Britt to their plan w/o Wendy's knowledge. Then when Wendy found out, she cut Brittney's phone service out of jealousy.

According to BrittsStepMom -

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10486407#post10486407
RBBM

Lash
I agree with you!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member