• Laying in woods

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Where TM could watch the site

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • hurts my heart; but, a landfill

Votes: 35 9.4%

• Total voters
Any idea how long it was blocked off?

I highly doubt there will be any follow-up to this in the news.

There were quite a few people asking about this on the WMBF facebook page. Finally a WMBF person responded with this:

Kaley Lawrimore thank you for commenting. The WMBF News team is still working on getting information to why the road was closed. As soon as we find out, we will update this story.

There were quite a few people asking about this on the WMBF facebook page. Finally a WMBF person responded with this:

Kaley Lawrimore thank you for commenting. The WMBF News team is still working on getting information to why the road was closed. As soon as we find out, we will update this story.
Still no answer as of the 11:00 news last night, other than to say the same, "you'll know when we know" sort of thing.

Still no answer as of the 11:00 news last night, other than to say the same, "you'll know when we know" sort of thing.

They finally had another update about 10 mins. ago. Not much of an answer:

WMBF News reached out to Highway Patrol and other agencies to learn why the road was blocked. No one has released information at this time.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27874199/highway-814-now-open

Does anyone else have the feeling that this may have to do with the gag order or why else would LE be so tight lipped about it?

Did anyone see a coroner's van on that street at any point during this closure? If no, then there wasn't a body found there.

WMBF News reached out to Highway Patrol and other agencies to learn why the road was blocked. No one has released information at this time.

Does anyone else have the feeling that this may have to do with the gag order or why else would LE be so tight lipped about it?

Absolutely. IMO, LE is loving the gag order. They don't have to comment on squat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my first thought as well. I think I just want it to be related to Heather's location so much so that my brain refuses to consider any other possibilities. However, what would or could it be that leads to police silence in this type of situation? The police were very visible and have concerned citizens who are within their rights to know what occurred. This secretive behavior is what leads to gossip and rumor.

This was my first thought as well. I think I just want it to be related to Heather's location so much so that my brain refuses to consider any other possibilities. However, what would or could it be that leads to police silence in this type of situation? The police were very visible and have concerned citizens who are within their rights to know what occurred. This secretive behavior is what leads to gossip and rumor.

Yes, many people have posted to the WMBF facebook page asking about it. Some of the people that live there are saying it was a bad accident. If that was the case why would the authorities just not tell WMBF that? Usually, if there was an accident, they say so, and then identify the person after notification of kin. Also, the WMBF truck was in the vicinity. I would think if this was an accident they would have been able to determine that. Apparently, the authorities are gagged for whatever reason.

[QUOTE=PeterThomasFan;11403935]Absolutely. IMO, LE is loving the gag order. They don't have to comment on squat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

BBM Here is something I wondered about ever since the bones wrapped in the Mickey Mouse Sheets were found in FL (which BTW have never been identified)...If the the "situation" that caused the road closure was not related to the Heather Elvis investigation, could LE not say that this has nothing to do with the Heather Elvis case? I wouldn't think that would violate the gag Order. Am I wrong here?

I personally think that the fact LE wont release any information or even say a word, speaks volumes actually.

Those of us who read WMBF news here know that they report and update stories frequently. Not always reliable, but it is information.

What other reason, besides securing / recreating a crime scene, and a fatal wreck, does LE completely shut down a road?

And not only shut the road down, shut it down for several hours and not tell anyone a word about why.

Someone may be singing like a canary.

Trial is right around the corner.

They realized that they could spend the rest of their life in prison.

Maybe they started to cooperate, in hopes of being free again one day in the future.

The timeline fits.

The circumstances fit.

The lack of information about the road closure fits.

The location of the road closure fits.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

And from an outsiders point of view, this shoe looks like it fits.

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson confirmed that his office requested that the road be temporarily closed, adding that it was connected to the Sidney and Tammy Moorer murder trial. Richardson said he couldn’t discuss specifics.

“I can say that was us. It was on the Moorer case, but the specifics of it I really can’t get into,” Richardson said.

Richardson added that he didn't anticipate any further road closures on Highway 814.

quote from spiritseekers URL above

Im praying they found her.

Does anyone know the specifics of this court order, as far as if they can confirm that they have found her or not?

Or would that be a violation of the order?

I have done research, trying to find a definitive answer, but cant come up with one (or one that I would consider *reliable*).

And input would be greatly appreciated.

I think a poster's theory on the The State of South Carolina vs Sidney and Tammy Moorer Facebook page is a good one - video recording driving distances in preparation for the trial.

I think a poster's theory on the The State of South Carolina vs Sidney and Tammy Moorer Facebook page is a good one - video recording driving distances in preparation for the trial.

BBM

That's what I was thinking. Possibly a re-creation at night with similar conditions around where the residential camera was located.

Did anyone see a coroner's van on that street at any point during this closure? If no, then there wasn't a body found there.
That's news to me. My understanding is that remains can travel in any vehicle specified by the investigator with proper packaging, identification and security AFTER those remains have been released from where they were found. Doesn't have to be a coroner's van, or even a marked vehicle, as long as the chain of evidence is followed.

"The investigator shall supervise and ensure the proper identification, inventory, and security of evidence/property and its packaging and removal from the scene"
http://www.nij.gov/topics/law-enforcement/investigations/crime-scene/guides/death-investigation/Pages/document-body.aspx

What other vehicles to collect the remains have you seen at a scene when remains are found and recovered?

I've seen vans that said either "Medical Examiner" or "Coroner." This is in addition to any other emergency vehicles that might also be in the area.

Who is responsible for the chain of custody in terms of getting the body from the recovery site to the M.E.'s office? The Coroner or M.E's personnel. The death investigation begins when the coroner's office is called to alert them on a body found. Either a representative from that office or the coroner him/herself responds, depending on jurisdiction size and M.E. office.

That said, it's already been confirmed that no body was involved in this incident and that it was a purposeful and planned street closing by the County Solicitor's office to do some work they had planned to do related to the Moorer case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back