Status
Not open for further replies.
Area noted in post above

Attachments

• McRae, GA to Jacksonville, GA - Google Maps.jpg
    McRae, GA to Jacksonville, GA - Google Maps.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 374
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/wan/4854409074.html

This looks like the ad placed on Craigslist by Bud. It says he posted it 6 days ago.
Good job, thanks for posting this.

So, iirc, from somewhere upstream, the seller even sent Bud a picture.

So, he likely googled and found a nice pic of a 66, red with black interior...?

Lets google this and see if there are any pics that we might use if we were trying to bait someone.

If we can find the picture, maybe LE if they're reading here can check the ip addresses that visited that page to grab the picture..or did the burner phone have internet, would he have texted the picture, or used a computer...thinking out loud

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/wan/4854409074.html

This looks like the ad placed on Craigslist by Bud. It says he posted it 6 days ago.

Thinking more out loud, would the "seller" have contacted anyone else with similar ads? Are there any similar ads on the same page/category for that day (expensive items "wanted")? If so, maybe that person can help provide some information, even in the slightest, especially if they talked to them on the phone.

Thinking more out loud, I wonder if the seller seemed trustworthy or safe....maybe a couple? Or maybe the "seller" said he went to church or something...

I wonder if we might be dealing with more than one suspect here, assuming there hasn't been a car accident and fp is involved?

(I knew he was Military when I first saw him...that was wierd...the post about Vietnam gave me chills...)

Good thinking....If you go to the Atlanta Craigslist site, search for wanted items on January 19th, there is another individual looking to spend $6,500 on a Chevrolet Colorado truck. (not sure if it's ok to put that link here) I wonder if LE is looking at other wanted car ads posted that same day?

Good thinking....If you go to the Atlanta Craigslist site, search for wanted items on January 19th, there is another individual looking to spend $6,500 on a Chevrolet Colorado truck. (not sure if it's ok to put that link here) I wonder if LE is looking at other wanted car ads posted that same day?

Good job again, love how we are bouncing off each other's posts...I wonder if the "seller" also contacted this person!!!!?

I don't know the couple but several of my friends know June. She is a preschool teacher at a church down the street and has taught their children. So I don't think they were an "elderly" couple....you have to have a lot of energy to run a classroom of three year olds!

The likelihood that the "seller" contacted more people than Bud would be very high in my opinion, after they spent the money to buy their burner phone.

I don't know the couple but several of my friends know June. She is a preschool teacher at a church down the street and has taught their children. So I don't think they were an "elderly" couple....you have to have a lot of energy to run a classroom of three year olds!

"Elderly" is generally just anyone over 60. The word carries a different connotation, which, based on what little information is available about the couple at this time, doesn't seem to apply to them. But they are over 60.

The likelihood that the "seller" contacted more people than Bud would be very high in my opinion, after they spent the money to buy their burner phone.

Agree 100%.

LE are you reading this (posts #122, #128, #129)...I hope so in case you are not already pursuing this angle!

Please could someone explain what a 'burner' phone is?

Please could someone explain what a 'burner' phone is?

It has a prepaid balance rather than a contract. Sort of like old school prepaid calling cards.

Not all burner phones are nefarious. I have one for when I travel out of the country. Pop into a local bodega, buy a prepaid chip, put it on the phone and I have calling in the country for $20 or so as opposed to extremely expensive overseas calling. They're also good for people with lousy credit or people who only intend to use the phone in an emergency.

Actually there is a Macon Craigslist site also and just before 19th there are people looking to buy autos for $2,500 to $2,800. The "seller" probably started with the Macon listings, and when they didn't pan out or the dollar amount was too small they then moved to the Atlanta listings.....

They seem like a lovely couple! We are all rooting for you Bud and June!!!!

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members