Dr. Mark Weinberger is a free man now, what happens next?

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
So I'm watching I.D. Discovery and they had a show called "Vanity Fair Confidential: The Runaway Doctor" This is the Vanity Fair article that inspired the show: http://www.vanityfair.com/society/features/2011/01/missing-doctor-201101

This is about the show: http://www.investigationdiscovery.c...al-videos/editors-note-the-runaway-doctor.htm

It's an interesting story. I noticed at the end that this guy was due to be released this month. In fact he was set to be January 19th of this month. http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_6f15dbae-3d95-5b38-8498-781ac7583894.html

Before we continue this is just an example of what he'll be dealing with. This is NOT where he is as far as we know.

...According to the Web site on one center operated by the Salvation Army in Florida, residents referred to its facility under pre-release are allowed to work in the community and return to the center at night.

In addition, twice a week they can go home on "free time" until 9 p.m. and on weekend passes from 4 p.m Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday.

The purpose of the program is to help the resident rebuild family and community ties, according to the website.

So what happens now? How does this guy slip back into society? I think he should have been given life. It seems to me that the guy is a sociopath and won't reintegrate without harming others along the way. He can't get a doctors license anymore, so what now?

It's just an interesting thought that occurred to me when I found out he was released this month.

What do you think?

His ex wife must be pretty upset about this. She was a victim in all of this too.

My little tiny home, inside a cave, is looking better & better......

My one bedroom is pretty nice. I keep it cold so I can crawl under the covers and warm up under blankets. I sleep much better when the ambient temperature is cold. So when I snuggle up soon it will be even better thinking about how worse my life could be if I was a complete :butthead:.

What worries me is the halfway house is a step up, but not anything near what he was used to. In the show they said he bought a lot of diamonds just before he ran, because they could be easily converted to cash. I wonder if he has any stashed somewhere and will run away again?

My one bedroom is pretty nice. I keep it cold so I can crawl under the covers and warm up under blankets. I sleep much better when the ambient temperature is cold. So when I snuggle up soon it will be even better thinking about how worse my life could be if I was a complete :butthead:.

What worries me is the halfway house is a step up, but not anything near what he was used to. In the show they said he bought a lot of diamonds just before he ran, because they could be easily converted to cash. I wonder if he has any stashed somewhere and will run away again?

I'm the same way Dan. Hubby said he married a home sick Eskimo. :)

So I'm watching I.D. Discovery and they had a show called "Vanity Fair Confidential: The Runaway Doctor" This is the Vanity Fair article that inspired the show: http://www.vanityfair.com/society/features/2011/01/missing-doctor-201101

This is about the show: http://www.investigationdiscovery.c...al-videos/editors-note-the-runaway-doctor.htm

It's an interesting story. I noticed at the end that this guy was due to be released this month. In fact he was set to be January 19th of this month. http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_6f15dbae-3d95-5b38-8498-781ac7583894.html

Before we continue this is just an example of what he'll be dealing with. This is NOT where he is as far as we know.

...According to the Web site on one center operated by the Salvation Army in Florida, residents referred to its facility under pre-release are allowed to work in the community and return to the center at night.

In addition, twice a week they can go home on "free time" until 9 p.m. and on weekend passes from 4 p.m Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday.

The purpose of the program is to help the resident rebuild family and community ties, according to the website.

So what happens now? How does this guy slip back into society? I think he should have been given life. It seems to me that the guy is a sociopath and won't reintegrate without harming others along the way. He can't get a doctors license anymore, so what now?

It's just an interesting thought that occurred to me when I found out he was released this month.

What do you think?

I think he deserves life. What a screw up, what a sociopath. Why does he get to go back into society. I feel he has no emotion for anyone. His picture is pretty scary. Thanks Steely, I'm shocked I never heard of this animal before.

Goz

Oh, he has money stashed. I'm sure he will run again, he probably has been working on it for years...

Goz

Oh I saw this last night. Didn't the GF say she still wanted to be with him when he got out?

WOW! He's from my area of Indiana, but I've never heard of this case!

Oh I saw this last night. Didn't the GF say she still wanted to be with him when he got out?

I seem to recall her saying she didn't want anything to do with him anymore. I think she did want to know why though. I'm not sure.

I missed the end of VFC - thank you Steely, for starting the thread and posting these great links!

This guy went to UCLA Med School and is the epitome of a psychopathic MONSTER! :moo:

I can't believe he's out. No way he's not going to run. ITA, he's probably got diamonds hidden, or someone hiding them for him. :gaah:

All I can say (without earning a TO) is I hope karma catches up with him.

They should've put his :censored: under the jail and thrown away the key.

:pullhair:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a sociopath and I have no doubt he will take care of himself.

This was also on AMW ( America's most Wanted ) I believe...and I remember them saying his parents ( hard working mid westerners) helped him with the money needed to grow his practice...purchasing state of the art medical equipment,etc... When he fled...everything was confiscated...you know the rest... I followed this case for YEARS because the wife was so sad and puzzled...and then betrayed. Wow...Can't believe he is out.

I seem to recall her saying she didn't want anything to do with him anymore. I think she did want to know why though. I'm not sure.

Well shoot I was hoping you would remember! It was late and I was nodding off during the show. Now I am curious. I hope you are right!

This was also on AMW ( America's most Wanted ) I believe...and I remember them saying his parents ( hard working mid westerners) helped him with the money needed to grow his practice...purchasing state of the art medical equipment,etc... When he fled...everything was confiscated...you know the rest... I followed this case for YEARS because the wife was so sad and puzzled...and then betrayed. Wow...Can't believe he is out.

Some channel needs to bring AMW back. ID would make a lot of sense. JMO

I watched this Vanity Fair Cofidential episode last night. First time I heard about this case. Cannot believe he got such a light sentence...He should have never gotten out again IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back