Identified! CA - San Francisco, Male body parts in suitcase, Jan'15 - Omar Shahwan

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Police responding to a suspicious package call in SoMa at 11th Street between Market and Mission streets discovered a suitcase stuffed with human body parts, the case is being treated as a homicide. Officers opened the suitcase to find the body parts just after 4 p.m. and subsequently discovered more remains nearby. The suitcase is being described as roller-type luggage.

Investigators have a rough suspect description but that police are not releasing any other details because the investigation is ongoing.

http://sfist.com/2015/01/28/suitcase_stuffed_with_human_remains.php

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Body-parts-in-suitcase-found-by-S-F-police-in-6047152.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uman-remains-strewn-San-Francisco-street.html

The roller-type suitcase had been left next to a pile of garbage and debris at 11th and Market streets. More remains were found in the surrounding blocks. "It is unclear at this time if all the remains belong to one victim."
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/2015/01/29/suitcase-of-body-parts-found-near-twitter-hq/22513849/

This sounds horrible, but I've always had a hankering for cases involving torsos and suitcases (or bin liners). Hope the suspect thing pans out and justice is swift.

This sounds horrible, but I've always had a hankering for cases involving torsos and suitcases (or bin liners). Hope the suspect thing pans out and justice is swift.

I find these cases intriguing myself, this one even more so because I've walked (and still do, on occasion) that area frequently. Mind-boggling.

I find these cases intriguing myself, this one even more so because I've walked (and still do, on occasion) that area frequently. Mind-boggling.

me too. the amount of labor to put into that gruesome task is... well, shocking.

Yeah, wow!

1993 - body of Stephanie Jensen found in suitcase in a creekbed off Highway 9 (suspect ID'd, not sure if arrested)

2006 - body of Donna Rossi found in suitcase near the Golden Gate Bridge (no arrest made)

2010 - body of Pearla Louis found in suitcase floating in the Bay (boyfriend arrested - can't find any info on conviction or other updates)

2015 - UID found in suitcase on sidewalk south of Market

Yeah, wow!

1993 - body of Stephanie Jensen found in suitcase in a creekbed off Highway 9 (suspect ID'd, not sure if arrested)

2006 - body of Donna Rossi found in suitcase near the Golden Gate Bridge (no arrest made)

2010 - body of Pearla Louis found in suitcase floating in the Bay (boyfriend arrested - can't find any info on conviction or other updates)

2015 - UID found in suitcase on sidewalk south of Market

is the 2010 case the one where her bf was married, she was pregnant from him and her other child was never found?

Human body parts scattered in SF: Person of interest seen on video

Didn't see where this had been posted.

A person who may have scattered body parts across three blocks of downtown San Francisco on Wednesday was seen on surveillance video, police said....

The first portion of remains was found in a suitcase on the sidewalk on 11th Street between Market and Mission streets about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday. Officers received a call about a suspicious package and made the grisly discovery when they opened the suitcase....

As investigators searched the city's South of Market neighborhood, human remains were found at additional locations within a three-block radius....

Police haven’t determined when all the packages were dropped off or if all the remains belonged to one person.

Thanks, there is more info in the LATimes article than in the local SFGate article. And, while I recognize that there is not much humor in body parts in suitcases, I did find this statement rather funny: "If it is a single person, it would make the 10th homicide in San Francisco this year, police said."

That means it could be the 11th and/or 12th as well. Or, maybe more.

Person of interest sought in San Francisco body parts case

SFGate
By Henry Lee and Evan Sernoffsky Updated 12:12 pm, Thursday, January 29, 2015

"San Francisco police are looking for a “person of interest” after investigators reviewed surveillance footage and spoke to witnesses following the gruesome discovery of a suitcase full of body parts Wednesday in the city’s South of Market area, officials said Thursday."​

There is also a CBS video at the above link titled: "Dismembered Body Parts Found In SF SoMa, Packed In Suitcase On Sidewalk" - :)

Thanks, there is more info in the LATimes article than in the local SFGate article. And, while I recognize that there is not much humor in body parts in suitcases, I did find this statement rather funny: "If it is a single person, it would make the 10th homicide in San Francisco this year, police said."

That means it could be the 11th and/or 12th as well. Or, maybe more.

Person of interest sought in San Francisco body parts case

SFGate
By Henry Lee and Evan Sernoffsky Updated 12:12 pm, Thursday, January 29, 2015
"San Francisco police are looking for a “person of interest” after investigators reviewed surveillance footage and spoke to witnesses following the gruesome discovery of a suitcase full of body parts Wednesday in the city’s South of Market area, officials said Thursday."​

There is also a CBS video at the above link titled: "Dismembered Body Parts Found In SF SoMa, Packed In Suitcase On Sidewalk" - :)

I saw that! Oy! Why did they even bother, it's like someone got caught up in presenting that statistics and couldn't let go. And is that unintentional play on words "Body Parts Case"!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back