MA MA - Dorchester, 2 BlkMales, poss 'Clayton' 14-16 (UP12973), & 'Hooker' 15-17 (UP12972), Oct'88

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
JMISpRV.jpg

BBM

Boston Police Department (Official)

SEEKING INFORMATION: The BPD Homicide Unit Requests the Public's Help in Efforts to Solve Cold Case

Two unidentified young males were found deceased in a small wooded area along Eldon Street in Dorchester on October 6, 1988. The males appeared to have been deceased for several days prior to being found. The first boy was estimated to be 14-16 years old at the time and stood approximately 5’04” tall, weighing around 130 lbs. He had short, cropped black hair and brown eyes. The boy was found wearing a gray sweater, blue shirt, blue jeans, red underwear, white socks, and white Avia sneakers. He may have gone by the name Clayton. The image shown is a facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what this boy may have looked like in life.

The second young black male, approximately 15-17 years old was found deceased next to the first male. The second male is also unidentified but may have gone by the name Hooker.

Both males appear to have died around the same time. Investigation into their deaths has revealed that both males may have been from or had ties to the Bronx, New York area.

The Boston Police Department is actively investigating the facts and circumstances surrounding this incident. Anyone with information is strongly urged to contact the Detective John F. Cronin in the Boston Police Homicide/Cold Case Unit at (617)343-5837.

FBI - ViCAP Alert

On October 6, 1988 two black males were found shot in the head execution style in a vacant lot in Dorchester, Massachusetts. The bodies were covered with a tarp. Next to the bodies was a foam cylinder with two holes and gun powder residue assumed to be used as a suppressor and a blue nylon Reebok gym bag. The victims may be of Jamaican decent and possibly from the Bronx, New York.

Unidentified Human Remains – Dorchester, Massachusetts

Attention: Violent Crime / Missing Person / Cold Case / Crime Analysis Units

Found on 10/06/1988 in Dorchester, Massachusetts

John Doe 1
Possible First Name: Clayton
Race: Black
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Height: 5'4"

Agency Case#: 81-875743

Clothing: Gray Saxony sweater, blue Guest long-sleeve shirt, AJ’s blue jeans, red New Way shorts, red Playboy underwear, white socks, and white Avia high top sneakers.

John Doe 2
Possible First Name: Hooker
Race: Black
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Height: 5'10"

Agency Case#: 81-876911

Clothing: Black Badge long-sleeve sweatshirt, black Joy Vence slacks with pin stripes, green army belt, black Brut underwear, blue socks, and white Nike sneakers.

ViCAP alert#: 2014-06-01

To provide or request additional information, please contact Detective John Cronin, Boston, Massachusetts, Police Department at 617-343-5837 or john.cronin@pd.boston.gov or the FBI’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP) at 800-634-4097 or vicap@leo.gov.

Op91SW1.jpg

1988 was when the drug wars and drug murders were probably at their worst. It seemed like every time you turned on the news, there was the report of another person, mostly young men, getting shot over drugs.

Yup. That area is quite close to a section of Dorchester that has seen a rash of shootings (mostly gang-related) in recent years. A few summers ago, there were a couple shootings a week there. It was much worse here in the '80s. Not saying that these teens were in a gang, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor.

I didn't see any good matches in Namus, Doe, etc. I'm guessing they weren't reported missing or the files were lost, etc. Worth checking with the Black and Missing site.

possible gang related, but they got the names Clayton and Hooker somewhere. There must be more information available.

This is about a mile from my house. That area has gang activity now; I imagine it was probably much worse in the '80s.

"a wooded area along Eldon Street "

So I imagine there are no wooded areas there anymore? Do you know that street and if it has changed much since 1988? Dorchester has a reputation for crime but a lot of real estate has turned to upscale condos and I don't know if that area has gone through that kind of change.

:cow:

"a wooded area along Eldon Street "

So I imagine there are no wooded areas there anymore? Do you know that street and if it has changed much since 1988? Dorchester has a reputation for crime but a lot of real estate has turned to upscale condos and I don't know if that area has gone through that kind of change.

I haven't been on that actual street but can take a drive over (when I get back from vacation) and check it out. I'm familiar with that general area; it's fairly close to Geneva Ave, which is where crime has been an issue in recent years. Dorchester is such a big area. My neighborhood used to be much less safe but it is getting gentrified now. That area is still a little sketchy, but it doesn't necessarily *look* awful. In the second post by Bessie, it says they were found in a vacant lot. Add in a few trees and it sounds not unlike the lot behind my house. So vacant lots and wooded areas are definitely still around, but I'd have to check that actual area of Eldon to get a better idea of where they were found.

Here's a map. Eldon is a smallish street, but it's close to Washington and Columbia, which are major roads. That commuter rail stop wasn't there in 1988 but I think there was some sort of public transportation in that area (acc to Wikipedia). It's also not too far from Franklin Park, which would be a much better spot to dump some bodies, IMO. So I doubt the murderer was too concerned about them being found.

Also, I hope I didn't come off as being dismissive by suggesting this might be gang-related. Every life matters, and these were essentially kids.

image.jpg

i just checked the b&M website it seems to be lacking ALOT of cases that i can think of off the top of my head , not much there :(

Here's a map. Eldon is a smallish street, but it's close to Washington and Columbia, which are major roads. That commuter rail stop wasn't there in 1988 but I think there was some sort of public transportation in that area (acc to Wikipedia). It's also not too far from Franklin Park, which would be a much better spot to dump some bodies, IMO. So I doubt the murderer was too concerned about them being found.

Also, I hope I didn't come off as being dismissive by suggesting this might be gang-related. Every life matters, and these were essentially kids.

View attachment 68811

How would one go about looking for reports of missing teens from the Bronx?

View attachment 68811

Thanks for the map. No, I didn't sense any dismissive attitude at all. The gang connection is pretty important. As far as being a safe area in 1988 is also important. I am not very familiar with the area, but I dated a girl who lived on Geneva, I think close to Bowdoin and I want to say it was 1981-82. She was of mixed Asian American descent and her family lived in a single family house there. Not that I am making race an issue, but Clayton and Hooker were possibly Jamaican. So these details are important in trying to understand the case.
I didn't get a concern about gang activity from my friend, in fact she told me I would be very safe on her street, LOL (onherstreet).

I had relatives on Talbot Ave into the early 70's I think, and I lived near Codman Sq. as a child. SO MANY Changes have taken place- culturally and economically - but we know that drugs and gangs are an important part of these UID's. Yes, I agree, every life is important especially kids. These two boys were young teens and someone's loved ones. Someone lost their kid 27 years ago and the why is not important IMO.

I am so glad that you are interested and living in that area now. Thank you!

How would one go about looking for reports of missing teens from the Bronx?

Thanks, I wondered that too. I have not worked on any cases trying to match MP's with UID's but the detective must have some reason to conclude that Clayton and Hooker might be their names, that Jamaica might be their home, and that the Bronx may be where they lived.

I am new at this. :thinking:

Thanks, I wondered that too. I have not worked on any cases trying to match MP's with UID's but the detective must have some reason to conclude that Clayton and Hooker might be their names, that Jamaica might be their home, and that the Bronx may be where they lived.

I am new at this. :thinking:

Compelling for sure. They both were very young. They may have seen/known something that led to their murders perhaps, considering the manner of death. They would have been under-age if caught with drugs, cocaine most likely, 27yrs ago. Or gang retaliation far from home? The Bronx and the Jamaican community is a smaller place than you would think. There may be some information on missing teens from that time, but I would think LE may be looking into that.

Most kids that age would have gone through the Regents process and been placed in a city high school by that age. Each kid has an application filed with their pictures in the placement process. It happened/s often enough that kids from less well off neighborhoods and not doing great in school were placed in schools far from home with a commutes involved, so they'd end up not attending school much, but the applications were usually completed.

i just checked the b&M website it seems to be lacking ALOT of cases that i can think of off the top of my head , not much there :(

I am not familiar with the b&M website. What is that and can you post a link? THANKS!

Thanks for the map. No, I didn't sense any dismissive attitude at all. The gang connection is pretty important. As far as being a safe area in 1988 is also important. I am not very familiar with the area, but I dated a girl who lived on Geneva, I think close to Bowdoin and I want to say it was 1981-82. She was of mixed Asian American descent and her family lived in a single family house there. Not that I am making race an issue, but Clayton and Hooker were possibly Jamaican. So these details are important in trying to understand the case.
I didn't get a concern about gang activity from my friend, in fact she told me I would be very safe on her street, LOL (onherstreet).

I had relatives on Talbot Ave into the early 70's I think, and I lived near Codman Sq. as a child. SO MANY Changes have taken place- culturally and economically - but we know that drugs and gangs are an important part of these UID's. Yes, I agree, every life is important especially kids. These two boys were young teens and someone's loved ones. Someone lost their kid 27 years ago and the why is not important IMO.

I am so glad that you are interested and living in that area now. Thank you!

Thanks! Big fan of "Dot". I live near the Strand Theater off of Upham's Corner.

I think it will be hard to ID these kids if they were from Jamaica, but not impossible. I shared the links on Facebook. Will try to get a better idea of where they were found when I return home. My next-door neighbor has lived here for decades. I'll ask him about Eldon Street and that area in the '80s.

Re: looking for missing people. I checked Namus, the Doe Network, and Charlie Project. The problem is that there are not a lot of young black men reported missing then. That's not to say that they aren't missing, just that a report was never filed or it was lost or destroyed. I also checked Black and Missing and didn't see any good possibilities. I think someone here has a connection to that site; maybe we can see if the admin there will post these links, as they also have some posts about UIDs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back